Relax Bar, Hanoi

60 Ly Thuong Kiet

Know about this? Rate It!

• Relax Bar
    by tenluk
  • Ghosts in my phone after being doused w/ bia Tiger
    Ghosts in my phone after being doused w/...
    by pez
  • Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Relax Bar

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jul 1, 2004

This is a nice, casual place to hang out and grab a beer. It is on Ly Thuong Kiet, south of Hoan Kiem Lake, and near Hoa Lo Prison. Though Lonely Planet claimed this place was a bit sleazy (who trusts LP anyway!?), we found it to be very nice and friendly.

• pez's Profile Photo

The aptly-named Relax Bar: Relax

by pez Updated Aug 2, 2003

Ghosts in my phone after being doused w/ bia Tiger

50/50 split between Vietnamese and expats, this has to be one of the friendliest spots in Hanoi. Absolutely packed. Good place to grab a beer alone or with a few friends.

Dress Code: Bring a waterproof phone. Last time I went, someone tried to move a table and saturated my jeans...and my phone.

• Beer Tasting

• lovemyr1's Profile Photo

Relax Bar: Sleazy

by lovemyr1 Written Feb 21, 2006

This is a, by no stretch of the imagination, nothing but a watering hole for lonely men to ogle the bar girls and buy drinks for them in exchange for company. Similar to what you might find in some girly bars you would find along the P. Burgos Street in Makati, Philippines or peppered about some parts of Bangkok (Patpong is not what I'm referring to here... we all know that's way beyond a girly bar).

Dress Code: No dress code it seems.

• tenluk's Profile Photo

Hon Kiem Lake: local people surrounding the lake

by tenluk Written Sep 28, 2010

we are enjoying so much the activity of the local people surrounding the lake, sitting there,,, relaxing... see a lot of motor bike passing by.. people doing exercise.. running around the lake, the beautiful bridge..

Instant Answers: Hanoi