Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour, Hanoi

by Tattugran
  • Fanny ice cream: It's new

by Mary-Kate Updated Apr 4, 2011

new !

I see Fanny ice cream came back with a new image, younger, nicer and more interesting. The location is in the center of Hanoi..that's great. The ice cream is really rich with more than 30 flavours and the Fanny's slogan is "100% natural ice cream".
    Palours
    48 Le Thai To St., Hoan Kiem Dist., HANOI
    Tel: (04) 38285 656
    Email: marketing@fanny.com.vn
    Website: fanny.com.vn

Favorite Dish: I love "xichlo". It's very "Vietnamese"

• bcatton's Profile Photo

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Great ice cream!

by bcatton Updated May 10, 2007

Baileys, Indulgence In A Glass!

So i'd read about Fanny's ice cream parlour before i'd left for Hanoi and one day while walking around Hoan Kiem Lake i decided with the temperature at about 32C and it being (for me coming from chilly N.Ireland) pretty humid to go try some ice cream.
    The first thing i tried was what they termed Baileys, indulgence in a glass. It consisted of; 1 scoop vanilla, 1 scoop chocolate, whipped cream and baileys. Priced at 43,000 VND.
    So after the first, i of coarse had to try another which was this; Peach Melba. Vanilla ice cream, peach in syrup topped with fruits and whipped cream. Priced at 43,000 VND.
    I would definitely recommend this place for anyone who enjoys ice cream. Nice interior with friendly staff.

Upon my third visit to Hanoi i discovered they also do crepes! I had a crepe with chocolate sauce. The crepe was quite nice, although personally there was too much chocolate sauce!

Favorite Dish: My favourite was the Baileys, Indulgence in a glass.

• juliewong's Profile Photo

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Dessert to cool off

by juliewong Written Dec 22, 2006

Fanny Ice-Cream

Fanny's Ice-Cream Parlour - recommended by Lonely Planet. Worth the visit after a long and tiring walk around the city that is bustling with motorcycles and the honking noises. This cafe is located within walking distance from Ho Kiem Lake.

Favorite Dish: Maple vanilla flavour's my favourite

• qwert_babe's Profile Photo

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Strategically located ice cream!

by qwert_babe Written May 14, 2006

Guess popularity from the bikes parked INSIDE!!

I'm a sucker for ice cream, so i don't really care where the ice cream comes from as long as it's good. It's good!

And the location of the shop is very strategically located by the lake - while there's no lake view, me and my mate seem to end up there quite often in the 3 days we had in Hanoi. (Perhaps it was sub concious Heh) Well, if you're into ice-cream, it's a nice decently affordable place for ice cream, and a great pitstop for your hot/ tiring day (there are also toilets there).

• eden79's Profile Photo

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Don't give Fanny Ice Cream a miss even in the cold

by eden79 Written Mar 9, 2006

I like the decor of the the restaurant. It is spacious and clean. There are a number of staff working at the same time, hence it is quite fast with the order taking.

Favorite Dish: My favourite is the green tea ice cream and chocolate ice cream. It is rich and fresh. I also like the watermelon freeze.

• King_Golo's Profile Photo

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Hanoi's best ice cream

by King_Golo Written Jun 5, 2005

Fanny's is the place to be for ice cream aficionados! They've got a selection of some 60 or so sorts of ice cream and most of them are really good. Sometimes, seasonal fruit ice cream can also be tried. Fanny's is a modern place just next to Ho Hoan Kiem in the centre of Hanoi. The ice cream is very good, however, the service is sometimes a bit slow. Prices range from 5000 VND to 15000 VND (=0,3 to 1$).

Favorite Dish: You should try cinnamon, rum raisins, and passion fruit! For the "slightly other" experience, try durian...
    But don't tell me, I haven't warned you!

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Best Ice Cream in Town

by bpacker Updated Jan 11, 2005

Glace au pistache et cafe

You know I love debunking Lonely Planet's recommendation all the time right ? Well, I can't this time. They were right. Fanny's ice cream is the absolute best. The last time I tried ice cream this good, I was in France, gorging on pistacho ice cream in Giverny.Well, you can have French ice cream here for half the price. Really! 4 scoops of ice cream here cost about 2.8euros. But at this price, you won't find many locals rushing to this joint. This place is filled only with greedy tourists like myself. One more thing, don't underestimate the power of one tiny scoop of ice cream. It's power-packed with flavour like the ones found in France.

Favorite Dish: Everything is delicious over here but the cinammon ice cream over here has to be the best! This, followed by the coffee ice cream. Pistache is so-so as was the chocolat.

• 34N118W's Profile Photo

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

by 34N118W Updated Jul 12, 2003

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour

It's not the cheapest ice cream you'll find in Hanoi. One tiny scoop is around 10,000 dong (65 cents). You can find ice cream for as little as 2,000 dong (12 cents) in other places. Personally, I'd have to say Fanny's is more suited to western taste.

Favorite Dish: They have lots of interesting flavors. Just don't get green tea. It tastes way too much like green tea! Strange.

• Tattugran's Profile Photo

Fanny's ice cream palour: the best ice cream in Hanoi

by Tattugran Written Jun 22, 2009

The sign showing the whereabouts of the restaurant

You crave Ice cream?? Well you HAVE to go to Fanny's. This restaurant was recommended by some Melbournites we met and so we had to check it out. Sure glad we did

Favorite Dish: No favourite .it all tasted good.

• sklc's Profile Photo

Fanny's Ice Cream Parlour: Don't miss the Dragon Fruit Split!

by sklc Written Apr 30, 2007

Squeezing in for a photo with the ice-cream

Don't order anything else, stick to ice-cream! After all, you're in a French Ice-Cream Parlour!

Favorite Dish: I just enjoyed the variety of ice-creams offered. Even though I'm in Hanoi, I felt like I was in Paris.

Instant Answers: Hanoi