Indochine, Hanoi

4 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

16 Nam Ngu

• You will pass the kitchen as you go upstair
    You will pass the kitchen as you go...
    by fachd
    Vietnamese coffee - simply delicious
    by Wild_Orchid
  • fachd's Profile Photo

Indochine: Good Vietnamese Tucker

by fachd Updated Nov 29, 2007

You will pass the kitchen as you go upstair

During our stay in Hanoi we were treated by our good friend to Indochine Restaurant.
    The restaurant is walking distance from their resident, about ten minutes walk.

The surrounding of old villa style building is pleasantly decorated with central courtyard.

You can dine inside down stair or up stair or outside in a quite garden setting. We had our meal up stair looking at people dining down stair. When you go up stair you will pass the kitchen and you can have a good look at how they prepared the meal.

I didn’t take particular notice of what we ordered, but I remember I ordered baby squid stuffed with minced pork and it was delicious. As a matter of fact all the food that we ordered and shared was excellent. The dishes are beautiful presented and well cook. I must admit this was the best Vietnamese food I have ever taste.

I didn't pay for it but I think the price is from $8.

• Mr.Sparkle's Profile Photo

Indochine: A little bit French, a lot Vietnam

by Mr.Sparkle Updated Feb 13, 2007

High quality food and service, very modest prices. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

Take your pick, the menu is in English, Japanese and French. You might want to think about making a reservation though.

Favorite Dish: Excelt chicken!!!! Try the spring rolls!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

Indochine: A Delightful Experience

by Wild_Orchid Updated Mar 31, 2005

Vietnamese coffee - simply delicious

Authentic Vietnamese cuisine served in a traditionally decorated colonial-era villa-from the tastefully done leaflet picked up at the restaurant.

I would say that this restaurant certainly exceeded our expectations - the food was delicious and the decor was very pleasing-like an oasis of calm from the noisy streets outside.

Service was pleasant and attentive.

Favorite Dish: We were on tour so we had some kind of set menu and it was difficult to remember every dish.

Rice steamed in coconut
    Pork in small claypots-simply lip smackingly delicious! (even for a person who is normally not enamoured by pork)
    Large prawns with onions in light saffron curry
    Delicious coffee - rated 4 stars by our group.

Lunch:11.30 am to 2.00 pm
    Dinner: 5.30 pm to 10.00 pm

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Indochine Vietnamese Restaurant: French Colonial and Traditional Vietnamese

by cochinjew Written Dec 7, 2002

They say food is served in an old vietnamese setting, but the building reeks of colonial taste in an old colonial building. Waiters are clad traditionally and the food and service are excellent. Expats and diplomats.

Favorite Dish: lemongrass sticks, prawn( tom nuong xa )
    stewed fish in lemon grass (ca chung sa chanh)
    stir fried mixed vegetables (rau cai xao)
    Boneless chicken breast with lemon (ga chien chanh)
    rice stwered in goat milk (com hap huoc dua)
    While the food was food, I did not think it was exceptional. For a glass of ordinary table wine, one pays as much as a delicately prepared main dish. Good eating experience but not a dining experience. for that go to the Emperor.

Instant Answers: Hanoi