Legends Beer, Hanoi

by Kate-Me
  • Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Legends Beer: Legends Bar

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jan 19, 2007

Tip a cold one at Legends

The 5 storey building just north of Hoan Kiem Lake has several bars and restaurants. We tried the microbrewery on the second floor called Legends, and it had good German beers, as well as an outdoor terrace above the street.

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo

Legends Beer: Air conditioned and spacious

by Kate-Me Written Jun 30, 2006

Air conditioned, a real plus (especially over the other nice restaurant, 1 floor lower, which we visited several times). Our choice of dinner place was governed by cleanliness and air conditioning and this fit both categories well.

Favorite Dish: I had crab meat nems (spring rolls) which were totally unlike anything I'd ever tasted - didn't feel like any western touch, which was great. The pastry on the nems was wafer thin, crispy, and they tasted great. The only thing I missed was soy sauce, which they don't seem to use a lot here, at least not that I saw it much. Again, we only paid about $5 Aus each for our meals. There were also western items on the menu on separate pages.

• Beer Tasting

• bpacker's Profile Photo

HIGHWAY 4: Smoked Catfish Tapas

by bpacker Updated Jan 10, 2005

Smoked Catfish Tapas

Catfish in Vietnam is extraordinarily good. So good that the US went back on their free trade agreement promise and banned the sale of catfish to US! Well, i think the sods in Missisippi have plenty to fear. The catfish here is cheap and delicious.

Favorite Dish: Try smoked catfish tapas next time you're downing shots of ruou or traditional vietnamese rice wine. It's bloody salty and goes well with the zing of the wine. A dish like this cost only US$2 or so. I had mine at the notorious Highway 4, the official HQ for Minsk bikers!

• pez's Profile Photo

Legends Beer: Best Microbrewery in Hanoi

by pez Updated Jan 9, 2004

Good lagers brewed by a German brewmaster, served in a massive beer hall.

Downtown location has a nice view of Hoan Kiem lake.

Favorite Dish: Order sausages, mustard, fries. Ngon! (delicious)

I enjoy 2 of their beers: Lager and Dunkel. Very authentic, and served in 1/2 liter or liter mugs (!)

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Hanoi

Comments

Hotels Near Legends Beer
4.5 out of 5 stars