Mediterraneo, Hanoi

• pez's Profile Photo

Mediterraneo: Italians eat there

by pez Updated Jan 9, 2004

Mediterraneo

Traditional Italian cuisine, wood-fired pizza oven, fresh pasta, home-made gelato. Nice street-level and upstairs dining rooms, with air conditioning.

Food is generally good, service sometimes uneven, but nice location.

Favorite Dish: Good place for espresso in the morning or afternoon break.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Mediterraneo: Pure Expatriate Crowd plus some tourists

by cochinjew Written Nov 14, 2003

cafe mediterraneo

I had invited a Vietnamese friend to have dinner with me. I wanted her suggestion and she said she had wanted to eat there.. I would rather have gone to one of the better Viet eateries.. but remember, they eat that gorgeous food everyday, so for them, pizzas and hamburgers may be exotic ( may it remain so and not infect them with the kind of obesity we see in the west ). The crowd of completely expatriate, somewhat noisy. The decor was alright and the service minimal.

Favorite Dish: We had Fettucini e funghi as well as LInguine with pesto sauce.
    Nothing special really. the quality of what you could do in your own home.
    But it was a good place to sit and talk without interruptions ( or for the sake of my viet friend, avoid being stared at ).
    Also I ran into John, an american Indian from who lives in Hanoi! at this place
    I realize that tourists hang around places like the joints in old hanoi....to talk and spend the time leisurely and not feel that they are being part of a cultural experiment.
    On the way out we said hello to the owner or coowner, who was napolitan warm!
    I thought the prices were a bit too much, such as 2 usd for a bottle of water..

Instant Answers: Hanoi

Comments

Hotels Near Mediterraneo
4.0 out of 5 stars