Tandoor, Hanoi

24 Hang Be Street, Old Town

• eating indian food viet students of spanish
    eating indian food viet students of...
    by cochinjew
  • Tandoor
    by JonnyVN
  • leffe3's Profile Photo

Tandoor: Decent Indian

by leffe3 Written Jan 29, 2004

Whilst hardly the most atmospheric place to eat, this made a more than decent change if you have a craving for something different from noodles and SEAsian rice dishes.

Divided into two parts, the front of the restaurant is more informal and doubles as a cafe/bar. the rear, non-smoking room is simple two rows of tables with little (lunchtime admittedly) atmosphere. But the food is pretty good and the price low.

Favorite Dish: You can get a 'set lunch' of curry of choice, dhal, rice, rhaita, nan and vegetables for less than US$6 - decent serving, decent tastes!

• JonnyVN's Profile Photo

Tandoor: By far the best

by JonnyVN Written Sep 9, 2006

This is by far the best Indian restaurant in Vietnam (in my opinion). I lived on their delivery for years when I lived in Hanoi, each time I go there I pop in, Ravi the owner prides himself on the quality and authenticity of the food. It's right in the heart of the old quarter.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Tandoor: Introduction to Indian food for some Viet Students

by cochinjew Written Nov 14, 2003

eating indian food viet students of spanish

I invited three students who had spent the morning with me practising their Spanish ( it did feel strange speaking Spanish to them, but language is communication and I learned a lot from them)
    I wanted to introduce them to a cuisine unknown to them so we choose Tandoor. They liked the decor but disliked the music, saying it was a un poco extrano.
    The found the flavours very different and were very timid about trying various dishes. The food is okay but nothing special. The price is fair and the dishes are about 3-4 usd each

Favorite Dish: Dont forget we are in Vietnam where the regularcuisine is excellent ( unlike USA where the regular cuisine is close to garbage, so Indian food has greater appeal)..
    Still you have to be desperately needing curry to eat here or some special reason ( I took three students for their first curry )..

I do not recommend this place. Especially after Cochin and Malacca ( the week before )

• Tandoor: best indian food

by alisontaylor Written May 16, 2007

I have been coming to this restaurant for over ten years and it is still one of my favourite hanoi restaurants. The quality of the food is always high, I eat at a lot of indian restaurants, and this ranks among one of the best. A nice change from Vietnamese food. The ambience is not as good as it could be but with food like this, it doesn't matter. and they deliver to your door.

Favorite Dish: Aloo mirch is my favourite dish, with potatoes and green peppers.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Hanoi

Comments

Hotels Near Tandoor
4.5 out of 5 stars