Stores, Malls or Markets in Hanoi

Most Viewed Shopping in Hanoi

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

Zeds threads: Shirts

by PeterVancouver Updated Nov 5, 2013

I have an order on hand with Zeds Threads for six more made to measure shirts which I will pick up on my next visit to Hanoi in the Spring of 14.

Thus far they have made some great safari short sleeve shirts for me, simply from an old shirt I mailed out to them. From there they followed my instructions exactly giving me a unique design which I am very pleased with in both high quality cotton and also in linen in colours of my choice,

They mailed them back to me in Canada and are a perfect fit. Their Mr Zoran Rakovic (Mr "Z") is a great guy to deal with. As an added bonus, their employment policy favours workers from disadvantaged backgrounds for whom they provide training and housing

I would thoroughly recommend this company for many items of clothing including shirts and shorts

What to buy: Why in fact not be a true a VirtualTourist and send a sample, together with modifications by mail, direct to Zeds of your clothing requirement as I have done with my shirts, and have had them returned by mail direct to home

Once they have your measurements taken from a sample item sent to them, they can accurately copy, improve or adapt and return by mail.

I have done this and found my new shirts to be perfect and far better than those made to measure in N America. Now they have my details, I can simply place further orders, one of which I will collect next time I am in Hanoi in 2014

What to pay: Around $30 for specialist made to measure shirts in good quality cotton or linen.

• wanting2no's Profile Photo

DRAGONFLYTRAVEL: A Good and Reliable Travel Agent in Hanoi

by wanting2no Written May 22, 2013

This travel company works from a kiosk located in Le Nin Square. What makes this travel company so special is that its Director (Ms Trinh) will go out of her way to find a tour that suits your needs. We booked two tours through her company and the pickups from our hotel for both tours were prompt. The English Speaking Guides provided were pleasant, courteous and knowledgeable. The tours themselves are handled efficiently from hotel pickup to dropoff at the end of the tour.

What to buy: We booked the Perfume Pagoda Tour ( it will test even the fittest of people) as well as the Hoa Lu and Tam Coc Tour ( definitely not to be missed !!! ) with this travel company.
    When requiring transport from our hotel to the Noi Bai Airport at the conclusion of our Hanoi holiday, Ms. Trinh kindly arranged that for us as well.
    All the tours and transport costs were reasonably cheaper than booking via our hotel. Compared to other travel companies in Vietnam, this travel company's tour prices are very competitive.

What to pay: The Perfume Pagoda Tour costs US$34/person (inclusive of 2-way cable car ride) if you are willing to join a group. Apart from my husband and I, there were 4 other tourists in our tour group and one Guide.
    The Hoa Lu and Tam Coc Tour costs US$28/person and our tour group consisted of 12 or 13 tourists and a Guide.
    The transport from our hotel to Noi Bai Airport cost 250,000VND .

• Photography

• wanting2no's Profile Photo

Noi & Phuong Stationery Shop: Good Stationery Shop in Hanoi's Old Quarter

by wanting2no Written May 22, 2013

We found this lovely stationery shop quite by accident while walking around Hanoi's Old Quarter. It has a very unassuming frontage and can be easily missed. However, even though it is small inside, it is packed with all sorts of stationery laid out neatly and is well worth a look. We stopped for a look inside as the sign "Many more brushes inside" caught our eye due to our love for drawing and painting.

What to buy: We bought a good set of 12 different kinds of art brushes for 390,000VND (~ $20) and tracing paper was very cheap. You could buy varying grades of tracing paper ranging from 53g up to 112g which came in rolls 90cm wide. It is sold at 20,000VDN ($1) / metre. I purchased 5m of the thinnest grade and the shop carefully rolled the piece up and wrapped the entire roll in clear cellophane for me.
    This shop is definitely worth a visit if your hobby is drawing or painting. The prices are fixed but if you spend over $30 you may get a slight discount if you ask. However avoid buying any brushes with an animal claw/fur as part of its handle because it won't pass through Australian Customs.

What to pay: Most prices in the shop are extremely cheap compared to what you would pay in Australia. Certain items, like tracing paper lighter than 70g, are impossible to find in any art or craft store in Perth.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Co Do Gallery: Local Art

by Etoile2B Updated Apr 4, 2011

If you’re looking for affordable, original art check out the Co Do Gallery. The collection is great. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the prices are some of the best we found for original art in Hanoi. I bought an original piece here and they helped organize shipping back to the USA. They also will give you the option of rolling the canvas for you if you want to travel with your purchase and reframe it at home. I had my piece shipped home in the frame and it arrived quickly and completely intact. I was very happy with everything and they take credit cards!

• Luxury Travel

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Propaganda Posters: Original communist art

by Willettsworld Written May 12, 2010

This shop, in the Old Quarter, sells original Communist propaganda posters. I popped in to see some of them as, wherever you travel in Vietnam, you’ll come across them on the side of the road. I love the look of them but sadly they’re not on the cheap side to buy.

• Ladyfromasia's Profile Photo

"Made in Vietnam"- high quality exporting cloths

by Ladyfromasia Written Sep 10, 2009

A popular brand name of Vietnam exporting fabric products. You can find quality & nice products here with very reasonable price (always fixed price!)
    Some Made in Vietnam shops:
    58 Bà Triệu, 82 Hàng Điếu, 7A Chả Cá, 20 Hàng Thùng, 56 Quán Thánh, 193 Giảng Võ, 65 Trần Nhân Tông, 266 Tây Sơn, 162 Tôn Đức Thắng, 89 Cầu Giấy, 275 Bạch Mai

Hang Da market

by Ladyfromasia Written Sep 10, 2009

This local 3 floored indoor market is well-known for second-hand (used) cloths, shoes, bags. Do not forget to try your bargant tallent here :) You can buy good fruits and food at the first floor or you can try some unique vietnames food here.

Dong Xuan market

by Ladyfromasia Updated Sep 9, 2009

The oldest & largest market in Hanoi. You can find many cheap things and alots of local products on 3 wide floors, 9000m2 each. There also are many vendors arounds the market and maybe you may find some interesting things.
    Be careful with the pickpocket there as the market is very crowded everytime!

HOM market

by Ladyfromasia Written Sep 9, 2009

Very old market for local people. You can taste some unique vietnamese food here for cheap price but be aware of strange foods! This is also the largest fabric market in Hanoi where you can find any kind of color, type, style of fabric products from Vietnam, China, Japan, Korea...
    Keep your eyes on your pockets, pickpockets are everywhere as the market is very crowded!

Van Phuc Silk village

by Ladyfromasia Written Sep 9, 2009

The eldest & most famous silk village in Vietnam where you can find any products of silks you want. You can also see how they make the silk products in the local family.
    The village is in Ha Dong town, about 15km from the central of Hanoi. You can go there by car, bus or motorbike.
    The cheapest way there is to take Hanoi bus to Ha Dong town and motorbike to the village.

What to buy: silk products

Ruby Plaza

by Ladyfromasia Written Sep 9, 2009

This private owner plaza is famous for DIAMOND :) You can buy quality dimond jewellery in Doji group here. The dimond shop is belongs to the owner of the Plaza. There is a very nice Salon Aquamarine at the 8th floor and it opens from 8am to 9pm everyday.
    You also can visit several good restaurants here.

Parkson Mall

by Ladyfromasia Written Sep 9, 2009

Leading department store chain from Malaysia. Good place to buy quality cloths, shoes, techs, jewellery, comestics... and some well-known international fashion brands.
    You can pay by credit cards or in cash.

Vincom City Tower

by Ladyfromasia Written Sep 9, 2009

It is called "mini city" as considering the shopping, entertaiment and food place as well as offices for Hanoi people. The second tower construction of Vincom has just been finished on Sept 2009. You can enjoy the view from the cafeteria on the top roof of Vincom or in famous Highland Cafe outside the towers.
    Some famous brands are in here and you also can find some quality local tailoring brands.

• stardeenaw's Profile Photo

Go to Dinh Tien Hoang Street: Buying bags

by stardeenaw Written Apr 14, 2009

If you are thinking of buying haversack and duffle bags, go to Dinh Tien Hoang, the street where the Water Puppet Theatre is.

The bag vendors packed the whole street. Best time to visit is late afternoon onwards, by then all the shops will be open.

Although they are counterfeit, the quality is good.

What to buy: haversack and duffle bags

What to pay: Jack Wolfskin haversack 240,000 VND
    Mini deuter bagpack 80,000 VND

• cafank's Profile Photo

N Silk: Tailor Made Clothing

by cafank Written Nov 17, 2008

I had my travel blouses and shirts made here - and purchased some trousers and other clothing' ( silk pj's and wraps).

I didn't have high-end stuff made - just cotton travel wear - and it was great. Made to measure (a real necessity for me) and was back to me in no time.

There was a good selection of fabric and the ladies were very helpful. Lots of bargaining - items were all in the $10 - 15 range in the end.

Of course the staff will recommend lots of other shops (my cousin...my brother etc) and I did look at a few other things but if the hassling got too bad they listened and left me alone.

What to buy: All clothing can be made from cheap to high-end.

• Women's Travel

Hanoi Lakeside Hotel
Thaison Palace Hanoi
Latest: Nov 20, 2013

Instant Answers: Hanoi

Comments

Hanoi Shopping

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Hanoi locals.
Map of Hanoi