Airplane, Hanoi

Know about this? Rate It!

• Airplane
    by Avieira67
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Hanoi Airport.

by cachaseiro Written Mar 7, 2013

Hanoi airport is suprisingly small and very easy to get around.
    For a city of this size it's really undersized and the vietnamese goverment is currently building a new airport in Hanoi, but that will take some time to finish.
    But at least it's very easy to find your way around with only one terminal and very little hassle.
    It's a fairly good airport to fly from i think even if the check in counters can be a little crowded at times cause the airport is not big enough for the amount of people it carries..

In the transit area you have a few coffee shops and some souvenier shops but if you want a real feed then get it before you check in on the top of the airport as they have a food court there.

All in all Hanoi airport is an ok airport to fly from without being anything special at all.

Hanoi Airport. The airport in Hanoi.
    • Business Travel

• Tusitala's Profile Photo

Flying Vietnam Airlines

by Tusitala Written Sep 2, 2008

Many Asian airlines have a rather dodgy reputation. I last flew Vietnam Airlines in 1993, and, yes, I said a few prayers on take-off. I was lucky enough to fly Vietnam Airlines again in 2008 and WOW ... what a difference. On the international leg from Sydney we had a brand spanking new Boeing 777. Spacious, comfortable, and great service from those lovely Vietnamese stewardesses. I also did a couple of domestic flights with Vietnam Airlines which were fine.

As a travel writer I've flown half a billion kilometres around the world and I would say go on, fly Vietnam airlines if they service your country. It puts you in the right mood for visiting a fantastic country.

• Business Travel

• kelnsha's Profile Photo

Tigerairways from Hanoi to Singapore

by kelnsha Written Feb 27, 2007

We took Tigerairways (TR309) from Hanoi (HAN) on 28 May 2006 at 18:50 and arrived Singapore (SIN) on the same day at 23:20.

We paid USD34.58 (USD6.50 for airfare and USD28.08 for taxes & fees) per person on a one-way flight because we flew to Danang and flew back from Singapore.

Flight back from Hanoi to Singapore

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Hanoi Airport

by Gili_S Written Oct 5, 2014

Most tourists will usually arrive to Vietnam by flight. In my case I was lucky, I could fly direct to Hanoi from my home location which was very convenience to start my Vietnam trip. However, Hanoi airport is one of the poorest in Vietnam, even if they build some new building for it, air-condition was very poor, I almost dehydrated just by sitting and waiting for my flight, it felt more like old train station and modern airport. Also language delivery was very slow to arrive.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Vietnam Airlines

by Gili_S Written Oct 5, 2014

I used Vietnam Airlines to my flights to Laos and back. The ticket purchasing was easy doing on-line booking and all the procedures, check-in & boarding was run smoothly and easy. Also the flight to Laos and back was smooth as expected on a good weather conditions. I can surely recommend anyone planning visit to Laos to use flight options on the alternative 15 to 20 hours bus trip.

Boarding the flight to Laos

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Hanoi International Airport

by Ewingjr98 Updated Jan 22, 2005

Hanoi Airport is new and modern, quite a contrast from HCMC's Vietnam War-era airport. The only problem is its location, quite a long drive from the city. Not as many airlines fly into Hanoi as into HCMC, so you may have more trouble getting here. We flew Vietnam airlines from HCMC to Hanoi, then again from Hanoi to Seoul. The hour-long flight sure beats the day-long train trip.

Be aware of the exit tax when you depart the country!

• If you're not already in...

by chris_clyde Updated Aug 24, 2002

If you're not already in Vietnam, by air is the best bet.
    I like cyclos, and they are environmentally friendly, but motorbike taxis will get you there quickly, and the drivers are surprisingly honest on prices.

• shintarojon's Profile Photo

Hanoi to Bangkok via Air Asia

by shintarojon Updated Mar 25, 2007

(date written - March 18, 2007)

Booking number: HRRYDF

Airfare: one-way ticket via Air Asia

Mode of payment: Master Card/Visa Card

Fare price : THB 1.00
    Taxes: THB 1,100

Total fare: THB 1,101 (around 30.56 US $ as of March 17, 2007)

Allowed baggage: 15 kilos
    Hand carry : 7 kilos

========================
    July 14, 2006

Hanoi - Bangkok via Air Asia

Booking number:
    Flight number:

Departure date: July 14, 2006

Departure time: 9:30 p.m.
    Actual departure time: 10:30 p.m. (late by one hour)
    Arrival time - 12:15 a.m.

Airfare: one-way ticket via Air Asia

Mode of payment: Master Card/Visa Card

Fare price : THB
    Taxes: THB

Total fare: THB (around US $ as of )

Air Asia

• Animas's Profile Photo

Low Cost airline

by Animas Updated Apr 4, 2011

Air asia provides flight Bangkok-Hanoi everyday ---price for round trip is 5,100 baht (already included tax surcharge) Booking via the internet and no seat number. Our flight delayed only 30 minutes --- can acceptable :P
    On the way back from Hanoi people who got lucky seat won a price from the airline --- one guy in our flight asked to sing a song too LOL

From my seat She won the price The singer in our flight Movie star who loves to be a flight att

• guell's Profile Photo

It's a LONG way from San Francisco!

by guell Updated Dec 30, 2004

After two transfers in Los Angeles and Seoul, we arrived in Hanoi 20 hours later (a day and a half with the time difference.) We used our United miles and flew on the Korean airlines, Asiana.

Fortunately for us, we arrived in the evening, and after so many hours in the air, we were ready for some sleep! This allowed us to get up early the next morning with minimal jetlag.

View from our Window in the sky

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Flight from Hanoi to Macau

by Avieira67 Updated Jan 20, 2015

A cheap way to travel from Hanoi to Macau is flying with Tiger Airlines. This company links Singapore to both Hanoi and Macau.
    Air Macau, however, flies directly from Hanoi to Macau.

Airport of Hanoi Airport of Hanoi Airport of Singapore Airport of Singapore Aeroporto de Macau

Instant Answers: Hanoi