Taxis, Hanoi

Know about this? Rate It!

• Taxis
    by cal6060
  • PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

Airport to Hanoi

by PeterVancouver Updated Jul 15, 2014

Hanoi Airport taxi appears to be one of the favourite and at a price of just US$17 for best part of 45 - 60 minute drive from the Old Part of Hanoi it is a good deal.

Be aware that from Friday evening, over the weekend, a number of streets in the Old section of Hanoi are closed and are only accessible to pedestrians. Make sure you have the hotel phone number to give to the driver so that he can call when near the hotel so that their people can meet you at the end of the street if it is closed to help carry your bags.

• DO NOT TRUST MAI LINH

by lalaland123 Written Mar 8, 2014

I have lived in Hanoi several months now.... there are many taxi companies and one of the first things you will share with is what taxi companies you can trust. Mai Linh with its green and white large cars is touted by all hotels in Hanoi to be reputable. Compared to other reputable companies (thanh nga, thang cong) it is expensive so we never ever take it, but tonight there were no other options so we opted for the costly cab. We live less than a half kilometer from the bar we were at but it is across the highway so we thought what the hell let's splurge. The cost according to the meter was 28,000 dong and I gave the driver 30,000 dong. He saw the amount and immediately said no the cost was 80,000 because it was 2am...do NOT let a driver fool you into thinking taxis cost more late at night, they do not! I replied that was not true and I was even tipping him a bit and his reply was 'F*** YOU'... as a girl, this scared me and I threw the money in the front seat and ran to my apartment building. The driver got out of the taxi and followed my roommate and I across the street screaming 'F*** YOU' until he saw we were entering an apartment building with a security guard. In all my time in Hanoi I have never felt so scared and intimidated by anyone. I would never take this company again.

• Hanoi Taxi to airport

by nicole9 Written Dec 19, 2013

I have just came back from Hanoi a few weeks ago, but it was a terrible experience.
    I truly believe tourists should choose a better taxi service online before they get to Hanoi! I booked the taxi service from hanoi to the Noi Bai airport from a website called noibaiconnect, but it screwed! I waited more than 40 minutes for the taxi and asked the hotel reception to call the company. They didn't pick up the phone for the first few times and when they did they told us the taxi would come in two mins but of course it didn't! I ended up taking a taxi from the hotel which is kind of a scam and cost me VND$476,000 to get to the airport while the reception told us it was only around VND$380,000 (but we were in a hurry to the airport so we ended up paying the expensive fare)
    Then the person from NoiBaiConnect emailed me to apologise and willing to pay the difference for the taxi fare as they said, but ended up didn't pay back anything!! I think this taxi company helped me to end this trip in an unpleasant way!!!

• kelly.chow80's Profile Photo

Highly recommend Hanoi Transfer Service

by kelly.chow80 Written Nov 23, 2013

I used Hanoi Transfer Service after reading good reviews on the tripadvisor for my airport transfers in Hanoi, Hoian, HCM city. They were excellent, the driver was on time and helped our luggage. Pleasant and waited for me when my plane was excessively delayed.
    Thank you very much Ms Lily booked for us the trip to Halong cruise, the tours was excellent.
    i would highly recommend this company ( www.hanoitransferservice.com )

• Safe reliable transport

by Bencarroll2012 Written Jul 21, 2012

I recently used Hanoi Transfer Service for getting around in Hanoi as well as getting to and from the airport ..I was told by a friend that had used them before how reliable they were and he was correct ...I paid 16.00 to get to and from the airport and the price for the day and half day tour were more than fair .The car was clean , and the driver friendly and helpful...They turned up when they said they would and verified my travel arrangements by email ..I would reccomend them to my friends .

• Luxury Travel

• Travworld's Profile Photo

NoiBai Airport to Hanoi

by Travworld Written Jun 1, 2012

The Price from the Airport to the city is now about 18 USD , You can take a 12 passenger mini bus for about 2 USD but they wait till its full before Leaving and drop you in the Middle of the City now if you ask them to take you to a hotel , they usually will after they drop everyone off unless its on their route. to catch the Mini Bus proceed out the doors to where all the taxis are hollering at you , Taxi Mr ? then turn right and follow the sidewalk till you see the mini buses . If you have very little luggage go upstairs to the departure level out the doors to your left is a ramp , follow the ramp down about 200 meters , that is the bus stop , it cost about 5,000 dong or 25 cents usd to catch a bus to the city , #7 takes you to the Daewoo Hanoi zoo west part of town where as 17 takes you near the old quarter. sometimes you might have to give the conductor money if you have a large bag. give like 5-10,000 dong , make sure you exchange some money at airport.

• lcpossum's Profile Photo

taxis are the same everywhere

by lcpossum Written Apr 30, 2012

Taxis are taxis, and you're a tourist (with a fat wallet). Do your homework in advance rather than having to learn the expensive way. It's illegal for a taxi in VN to charge USD. Most of the taxis at Noibai will quote you a fixed rate to your destination in the city. If you're willing to walk to the Mailinh taxi stand, they charge half-rate into the city--half of what they charge to the airport--since they're based in the city. Only dummies pay in advance. Only dummies pay 300k to the Hoan Kiem area. Only dummies dump their bags with a stranger and think he's looking after your interests.

This is May 2012 and the VND/USD exchange rate is around 22,000. The guy down there talking about a 5- or 8-passenger van was using an exchange rate from 2005.

• Transport from Hanoi Airport to Hotel

by prakoso Updated Dec 12, 2011

I arrived Hanoi December 8, 2011 and was picked up at the airport by a van taking me to Sofitel Legend Metropole where I stayed. I booked the van from Hanoi Transfer Service. They charged me USD 18, much cheaper than the taxi counter at the airport that charged USD30. I was really satisfied with Hanoi Transfer Service and I also booked to take me from the hotel to airport, and also take me for 1 day tour to Ha Long Bay using private car. I highly recommended Hanoi Transfer Service if you need transport in Hanoi. The good thing is that I paid the cost straight to the driver, don't have to pay in advance... and how they response to my inquiry was very promptly....

• Travworld's Profile Photo

Taxi's Will and do Rip you off....

by Travworld Written Sep 25, 2011

When arriving into Hanoi , only use hotel arranged transportation , or There is a Taxi arrangement at the airport of 15-16 usd paid in advance to your destination, most meters jump , most taxi drivers in the city take you the long way around, Hanoi Taxi group excepts credit cards in taxi as well as Mah Linh , the smallest taxi's charge the least per km , and if just taking one and coming back after 30 minutes just have the taxi wait , usually only 2,000 vnd for 6 mins waiting time. You can rent a motor bike when you are here but technically its illegal to do that, if you will be here longer than 3 months you can apply for temp driving license then you'll be legal.

• Seniors

• Hanoi Transfer Service

by wiriya08 Written Aug 24, 2011

I just came back from Hanoi yesterday.I paid 16usd for private car from Hanoi airport to our hotel near Hoan Kiem Lake.The car is news model and very clean,the driver very friendly and speaking English very well.I highly recommend : http://hanoitransferservice.com

• Beaches
    • Adventure Travel

• Dont Trust Mai Linh Taxis

by emeegan Written Aug 2, 2011

We flagged down a Mai Linh taxi outside Hanoi Backpackers Hostel to take us to the airport. We agreed price with the taxi driver & presumed we were on our way to the airport where in fact we were taken to another taxi rank / company (san bay) The driver told us we had to change cars which we did & let the drivers take our luggage from one boot to the other.

Upon arriving at the airport we discovered that 1 rucksack was not in the boot & another suitcase had the removable backpack attempted to be removed. The taxi driver did not speak english (or at least pretended not to understand what was going on) & was of very little help to us. I had to leave Hanoi for a further 3 days of travelling with no luggage / clothes / personal belongings.

Had we just gotten out of the taxi when they tried to get a higher price from us we would have discovered the missing bag

• cal6060's Profile Photo

Minibus Taxi to/from Airport

by cal6060 Written Jul 24, 2011

Airport Taxi, Hanoi

You can get minibus taxi to/from Hanoi International Airport. You can hire the whole minibus for your group to the airport. You can call them to pick you up at your hotel to the airport. The hotel can arrange for you as well. The standard fare as the following:

5 people in a group - 230,000 D (US$15)
    8 people in a group - 250,000 D (US$16)

Vietnam Airlines Airport Taxi Office is located at 2 Quang Trung. You can get taxi service outside the Airport.

• quepeng's Profile Photo

Hanoi Transfer Service

by quepeng Written May 20, 2011

When you arrive at NoiBai Airport, a convenient way to get to Hanoi town is to hire a taxi. Airport taxi, Noibai taxi, Viet thanh Taxi, However this is not always the case as tourists have been overcharged, even up to $100USD for a taxi, according to some topic. Besides that, do be careful of taxi touts.It isn't a bad idea to arrange an airport transfer with your hotel or travel agent in Hanoi.
    I'm very lucky when i came to hanoi .Because i have friend been there before,My friend recommend me a good pick up private car from Noibai airport to our hotel with the best comfortable and nice service. The car is news model and very clean.I paid 15usd/1 way to hotel . the driver very friendly and speaking English very well.Would definitely recommend this car service and will definitely use them again.

Many Thanks.

• Adventure Travel
    • Beaches

• Be very aware

by brucemoon Written Apr 14, 2011

Be very aware that some Mai Linh taxi operators have shonky meters. The sad part is not all Mai Linh taxi's have shonky meters. From time to time, I've seen the meter go too fast. I've told the driver to stop and got out and accused him of robbery. I then tell him to take me to the police station. He invariably refuses and drives off.

I have never found a Hanoi Taxi to overcharge.

From the airport, the Vietnam Airlines or Jetstar minibus is my choice of travel.

• Noi Bai Taxi - Scam Taxi in Hanoi Airport

by petranetherland Updated Feb 13, 2011

Hi, I strongly disadvise taxis from the company named "Noi Bai Taxi" as we were purposely dropped at the wrong hotel, the drivers friend pretended to be an employee from the hotel we booked which appeared not to be true when we called our hotel.

Instant Answers: Hanoi

• ulm168's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

booked to visit Hanoi soon. HOW RELIABLE IS HANOI TRANSFER SERVICE AS A TRAVEL AGENT? THEY ARE ASKING FOR PAYMENT OF LAND ARRANGEMENT UPON DELIVERY TO HOSTEL. SHOULD I PAY? AM SUGGESTING TO PAY BY INSTALLMENT, SAY USD20 UPON DELIVERY TO HOSTEL, 261 USD UPON PICK UP FOR HALONG AND SAPA, THEN USD20 UPON PICK UP FOR AIRPORT DEPARTURE?