Taxis, Hanoi

Know about this? Rate It!

• Taxis
    by kimhachin
  • Taxis
    by Gili_S
    Noibai Taxi
    by jennyngn9
  • Airport Taxis still $10

by oerkenbo Updated Dec 16, 2007

Taxis between Noi Bai airport and Hanoi should still be $10. There are rows of taxis waiting ouside the airport. As soon as you exit, someone will take you to one. Make sure you confirm it's $10. Also, my taxi driver tried to get me to agree to $12 after I got in despite the agreement with the dispatcher. Insist on the $10 rate. Don't spoil things for others.

On the way back to the airport, there's a big taxi stand on Quang Trung not far from Lake Hoan Kiem (opposite Vietnam Airlines office) that has a sign for a $10 trip to the airport. You can make an arrangement here for them to pick you up at your hotel. They'll try to get you to agree to a higher price. Just point to the sign and insist on $10.

There're places in the old town that advertised $7 to the airport too.

• Taxi Services in Hanoi

by fwadswo Written Mar 16, 2008

Only use Hanoi Taxi. Used another taxi service (small green taxis) once to return to our hotel after eating dinner at a restaurant and the fare was 40% higher (28000 versus 20000 to get there by Hanoi Taxi).

• Business Travel

• DO NOT TRUST MAI LINH

by lalaland123 Written Mar 8, 2014

I have lived in Hanoi several months now.... there are many taxi companies and one of the first things you will share with is what taxi companies you can trust. Mai Linh with its green and white large cars is touted by all hotels in Hanoi to be reputable. Compared to other reputable companies (thanh nga, thang cong) it is expensive so we never ever take it, but tonight there were no other options so we opted for the costly cab. We live less than a half kilometer from the bar we were at but it is across the highway so we thought what the hell let's splurge. The cost according to the meter was 28,000 dong and I gave the driver 30,000 dong. He saw the amount and immediately said no the cost was 80,000 because it was 2am...do NOT let a driver fool you into thinking taxis cost more late at night, they do not! I replied that was not true and I was even tipping him a bit and his reply was 'F*** YOU'... as a girl, this scared me and I threw the money in the front seat and ran to my apartment building. The driver got out of the taxi and followed my roommate and I across the street screaming 'F*** YOU' until he saw we were entering an apartment building with a security guard. In all my time in Hanoi I have never felt so scared and intimidated by anyone. I would never take this company again.

• jennyngn9's Profile Photo

Noibai Airport to Hanoi by Noibai Taxi

by jennyngn9 Written Apr 3, 2009

Noibai Taxi very Safe and Helpful, driver was very co operative he helped in my luggage . Would recommend to others to use this taxi service.

Noibai Taxi
    • School Holidays

• myspices's Profile Photo

Taxis - from Noi Bai Airport

by myspices Updated Feb 9, 2006

When you arrive at Noi Bai Airport, a convenient way to get to Hanoi town is to hire a taxi - it's USD10/- per taxi. Maximum passengers is 4 adults.

If you are quoted a higher price, bargain for it.

Checking out the taxis at Noi Bai Airport
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Hanoi

• ulm168's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2013 at 1:41 PM

booked to visit Hanoi soon. HOW RELIABLE IS HANOI TRANSFER SERVICE AS A TRAVEL AGENT? THEY ARE ASKING FOR PAYMENT OF LAND ARRANGEMENT UPON DELIVERY TO HOSTEL. SHOULD I PAY? AM SUGGESTING TO PAY BY INSTALLMENT, SAY USD20 UPON DELIVERY TO HOSTEL, 261 USD UPON PICK UP FOR HALONG AND SAPA, THEN USD20 UPON PICK UP FOR AIRPORT DEPARTURE?