Quy Nhon Restaurants

schoolgirls that helped us order

Most Recent Restaurants in Quy Nhon

Seaview Cafe: Seafood to Pass On

View from the Restaurant

Basically there is no other way to put it other than this restaurant SUCKS! The waitstaff are very slow and the food has much to be desired. The portions are extremely small. I ordered a shrimp cocktail expecting your typical medium sized jumbo shrimp hanging out the side of a margarita glass filled with cocktail sauce. However I was presented with a glass topped with literally only 3 shrimp that were the size of my thumb nail (and my thumb nail is quite small on my 5ft 2in frame). My family also ordered lobster and it took 2 hours to come. My mom was so furious she actually left the table before it came.

I must say, though, that the view of Quy Nhon city from the restaurant is amazing. It is a good place to take photos of the South China Sea and the Quy Nhon coastline as well as the town itself.

If you do decide to eat here, it would be better to probably have lunch here. The fruit platters like everywhere else in Vietnam, are delicious and huge.

Favorite Dish: Watermelon Plate because you can't get fruit this sweet and juicy anywhere else in the world besides Southeast Asia.

28 Nguyen Hue Restaurant: Eat With The Locals

schoolgirls that helped us order

Okay this is a place that you go for the ambiance rather than the food. And it might be a tough place to eat in if you are used to and dependant on western standards because of the cleanliness of the joint. Furthermore, I must admit I would have never eaten here if we hadn't run across some schoolgirls who joined us for lunch and helped us order. Heck, I know I wouldn't have eaten here if it weren't for the girls because my husband and I had walked in and was met with blank stares so we just walked out until we met the girls. But despite all that I am so glad we decided to give the restaurant another chance. It was nice to see what dishes the locals eat and it was nice to sit in the restaurant while everyone tried practicing their English on us. The waitstaff was very accomodating despite the language barrier.

Hoang Huy Seafood Restaurant: Real Seafood Quy Nhon Style

by neurochic Updated Jun 15, 2006

This is a fairly new seafood restaurant located pretty much off the main beach in Quy Nhon City. This restaurant served fresh awesome seafood. The menu has yet to be translated in English and the waitstaff can't speak English, but despite that you will be provided excellent service better than in the States despite the language barrier. If you can't speak or read Vietnamese, its no problem. The restaurant is so proud of its cleanliness, they had my husband come into their kitchen and he just pointed to whatever seafood we wanted and we depended on the cooks to make it taste good. They did not leave us hanging. The seafood is so fresh and so tasty I'm still craving the crabs that I had there. Furthermore, when you go to select your seafood, it truly is fresh. You can see the fish swimming in the pond or the crabs fighting one another for space in their basket.

If you are like me and have no idea how to open a crab or lobster, no problem. The waitstaff opened up all of my crabs for me without me even asking. They saw I was having problems and stepped right in without being asked. That's service!

Favorite Dish: The crabs are excellent! This was my first time ever having crabs, and I can't believe I waited this long to have them. They are a bit of work for the amount of meat you get, but when you do finally get to the crab meat it is so fresh and so yummy. Even more tastier than lobster.

The grilled squid is awesome too. This was a first for me too but my husband thought he would be adventuresome and order us squid. I am one of those folks that always passes on the calamari because of the little tentacles (I cringe at the thought). But the grilled squid was presented as slices and no tentacles were to be found. The rich spices and marinade that the squid was bathed in was just the right amount of spice and sweetness. Yummy.

Instant Answers: Quy Nhon

Comments

Quy Nhon Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Quy Nhon restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Quy Nhon sightseeing.