Phan Thiet Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Phan Thiet

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Along the Street in Mui Ne Village: Pearls

by easterntrekker Written Feb 15, 2011

As soon as we got to town I noticed pearls were being sold everywhere. Black ,Pink and White. They are pretty inexpensive so I questioned if they are real .Honestly I'm still not sure . When I got back home I compared them to the fresh water pearls being sold here from China and I really can't see a difference. Most are not strung ( knotted between)but the young women I met at a little outside shop agreed to string 4 sets for me .She did a wonderfuljob and everyone I gave them to are thrilled!!

• Seniors
    • Singles
    • Women's Travel

Local shopping

by Gili_S Written Oct 30, 2010

There will be many streets vendors and some on the beach that will try to sell you something, fruits, drinks, food and jewelry. I usually try to avoid those as they might not leave you alone until you buy something, but sometimes I actually rather buy from them as that might help them also to make a living.

What to buy: Pearls, we bought few.

Fish sauce

by Gili_S Written Oct 30, 2010

OK, I added it here just to be sure you get the right one, do not leave this place without this excellent fish sauce, this will improve your Vietnamese cooking to the level that you will (almost) not miss anymore the Vietnamese holiday food :)

Supermarket

by Gili_S Written Oct 30, 2010

There is a kind of small mall with a Supermarket in town where you can check and buy all the special local food items you might not find when back at home or they will be much more expensive.

What to buy: All kind of local food items, but most important, buy the local fish sauce, this region is famous for that and you will get the best quality here.

• Dr.Styranki's Profile Photo

Fashion tailor Lan Lâp: First class shirts

by Dr.Styranki Written Feb 6, 2007

English or French languages are not so higly cultivated in this small tailor boutique. Service is otherwise very polite and cheerful. The best practice is to bring your old Jeremyn Street shirt and trousers as an example and they make full copies or even bespoke better versions just in one day.

First you take the measures and then you will get the figures how much material is needed. With these measures you will go to any neigborhood draper's and select the cloth you like. "Winter thickness" suits better for non tropic climate back to home.

Prices bring the extra joy to the day, best investment for ages.

What to buy: Any bespoke clothing you like to have.

• voo888doo's Profile Photo

In front of sand dune: Souvenir

by voo888doo Written Nov 13, 2006

The cute girl

I bought 6 items(key ring, hand chain) for only Vnd 23000. She allow me to borrow vietnam traditional cap for photographing. She even gave a free souvenir before i left. She is a 13-15 year old girl.

What to buy: Local souvenirs

Instant Answers: Phan Thiet

Comments

Phan Thiet Shopping

Reviews and photos of Phan Thiet shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Phan Thiet sightseeing.