Da Nang Warnings and Dangers

by kelnsha

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Da Nang

• strangelove's danger wanring

by sci_ron Written Oct 23, 2009

I just read that danger warning about his bill at Da Nang airport. A little petty I thought, given that the average income for these people is around US$330 PER ANNUM. and he ***ed about US$ 3.50. Oh - that's right - it's the principle isn't it. Well I guess that'll teach them.

They rely on us for their income. Without us travellers they would be a lot more hungry, and a lot poorer. I'm not a rich dude by any means, but I'm more than happy to tip 10,000 VND when it's merited. Don't be such a tight fist. If you can afford to travel to Vietnam, then support the locals and give what you can.

I have written this here because I couldn't find another way to comment.

• Airport Restaurant at Danang International Airport

by strangelove01478 Written Dec 20, 2006

Just before our flight to Hanoi from Danang, we had lunch at the "Airport Restaurant". We ordered a fish in cream sauce, sweet and sour shrimps, fried rice with crab meat and 2 iced coffee. The standard of the food was reasonable.

The bill came up to USD10 (160,000 dong). There was no item-breakdown on the bill, just a figure of USD10. At the payment counter, I requested for the menu to check the prices of the items that we had ordered. When I reached the second item, the cashier (a senior looking lady) closed my menu and ordered another waitress to bring me to the secondary dining hall, away from the curious eyes of other diners.

At the secondary dining hall, I requested for the menu again to go through the items that we had ordered. Again, the waitress closed my menu and wrote 69,000dong on a piece of paper, gesturing me to pay this amount. I refused to and insisted on using the menu. Eventually, the bill came up to 90,000 dong, according to the menu prices.

When we went back to make payment at the counter, no word of apology or smile was given by the staff.

• kelnsha's Profile Photo

Undeclared 3% Commision!

by kelnsha Updated Apr 4, 2011

Danang International Airport

Please avoid changing your money at Danang International Airport because there is a 3% commision surcharge without even letting you know! The rate then was USD1 is to VND15,914.

Instant Answers: Da Nang

Comments

Da Nang Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Da Nang warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Da Nang sightseeing.