Bien Hoa Travel Guide

Children in the schoolyard, 1964
    by Nemorino

Bien Hoa Transportation

• by chunk38 Written Dec 7, 2011

I go here by motorbike but it can be dangerous. A mix of motorbikes, trucks, bus, cars etc People get killed, ripped in half, crushed all the time between TPHCM and Bien Hoa

From HCM take Dien Bien Phu north and pretty much stay straight and follow the main flow of traffic.

If you want to go via Ap Nhi Hoa ( cross the two rail bridges) when you get to the big bridge at Song Dong Nai, (after pass Suoi Tien) then take a right and go underneath the bridge, not over it. SO you make a U-turn and take the 1st main left ( landmark - the radio tower) Tinh Lo 16
    take a right at the light on QL 1B a short distance to the 1st railroad bridge (cau Genh), after the second bridge bear to the left which will be CMT 8 that takes you downtown

Otherwise you have a long way up xa lo hanoi then back track down tinh lo 15

There used to be a ferry on Huong Lo 11. If you cross the big bridge over song dong nai, then at the circle by the Big C, go 3/4 the way around then take that right before you end up back down xa lo ha noi.

That is huong lo 11

Bien Hoa Favorites

• My arrival in Tân Ba

--I arrived in Tân Ba by helicopter on October 16, 1964, and was met at the helicopter pad by the other American members of the "advisory team".They told me I had come at the safest time of the month, because tonight would be full moon, and the local Viet Cong preferred to operate under cover of darkness, not in bright moonlight.They also told me...

• Working out my one sentence

--Since I had nothing else to do until suppertime, I got out my Vietnamese dictionaries and started working out the one sentence that I wanted to say to the District Chief.This took me about an hour because my knowledge of Vietnamese was minimal. I had started learning a few words from the language cassettes at the base library back in Fort Knox,...

• Major Giam, the Tân Ba District Chief

--The District Chief turned out to be a cocky little man with a beret on his head and several medals on his uniform shirt.When I was introduced to him I took a deep breath and said the sentence I had been practicing in Vietnamese, which I hoped would mean: "Hello Mister Major, do you by any chance speak French?"I must have produced the tones...

Instant Answers: Bien Hoa

Comments

Bien Hoa Travel Guide
Map of Bien Hoa