Nha Trang Favorites

Cham man playing the flute.
    Fishermen in Nha Trang.
    by cachaseiro
    Street named after Yersin.

Best Rated Favorites in Nha Trang

Motorbike taxi tour

by balhannah Written Mar 29, 2008

Favorite thing: Instead of doing a organized tour, hire a motorbike & driver who can speak English. Mine was very organized showed me where we would go and asked where else I would like to go. The price was 120,000dong plus entrance fees, great value. He drove slowly, and stopped whenever I asked for photos. He explained sights to me, altogether very helpful, so much, that I booked him to take me to the airport for my return flight. This cost 120,000dong

• magor65's Profile Photo

School children

by magor65 Written Aug 29, 2008

school children

Favorite thing: As everywhere else during our trip in SE Asia, also here in Nha Trang children proved to be eager to exchange some words with us, or at least smiles. Comparing to the children of Cambodia and Laos, it is obvious that Vietnamese kids have better lives and can afford much more than their peers from neighbouring countries. We didn't see any classrooms, but the school buildings look solid and even rich. Pupil's uniforms consist of navy blue trousers or skirts for girls and a white shirt with a red scarf. In some schools girls wear traditional ao dai.

Fondest memory: The two little boys in photo 2 and 3 followed us for quite a long time, repeating: "good morning, what's your name?", until we waved them off fearing they might walk too far from home or school. Despite carrying backpacks, they weren't dressed in school uniforms. Perhaps they attended kindergarten?

Lunch

by paradisedreamer Written Jun 7, 2003

Favorite thing: We tried Crayfish from one of the vendors on the beach. I was a bit sceptical of having seafood as I did not want to get sick but for a few dollars who could resist. Well we lived to tell the tale and it was delicious. It was served for us with a very strange but very nice sauce to dip the meat in.

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo

You don't have to move a muscle

by paradisedreamer Updated May 11, 2003

Favorite thing: It's like staying at a 5 star resort and being waited on hand and foot

Fondest memory: We would spend the whole day on the beach and found there was no need to leave. You can buy anything on the beach from fresh fruit for breakfast to freshly prepared crayfish and prawns for lunch (we didn't even get sick), coldrinks cigarettes, T-shirts, postcards and even english novels.

Amazingly generous people

by paradisedreamer Written May 11, 2003

Favorite thing: Receiving a gift from someone who can least afford it means so much.

Fondest memory: A young girl who sold cakes on the beach was looking very miserable so I asked her what was wrong - she had not made enough money that day to take back for her family. I feigned starvation anfd we bought most of what she had left. The next day she gave me a bracelet to thank me for helping her out. I was speechless and will treasure it forever.

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo

Amazingly generous people (2)

by paradisedreamer Written May 11, 2003

Favorite thing: We can learn so much from children

Fondest memory: We had a routine of buying fruit on the beach every morning. One day I went down to the beach without any money. A young girl not more than six years old who had got to know us asked why I was not having breakfast so I explained my fiance was coming with some money later. She was having none of this and went off to buy me some mangoes. We now refer to her as mango girl.

PAID ACTIVITIES ON ORCHID STREAM ISLAND

by balhannah Written Oct 13, 2009

Para sailing on Orchid Stream Island

Favorite thing: This Island has nice sandy beaches, and plenty of sun lounges which you pay to use. They are all located in the shade of a shelter.
    If you don't wish to pay for a sun lounge, then you are out of luck for seating, probably only one free chair on the island!

Toilets.....They cost money also!

RIDE AN OSTRICH......No, I didn't do it, but watched some others that were on tour with me, it was quite funny. There is a charge, and they do take your photo of you on the Ostrich.

PARASAILING.......At the beach, this is another paid activity that you can do here.

• Water Sports

Beachside Cafes

by balhannah Written Oct 13, 2009

Isn't this nice!

Favorite thing: One of the things I liked about Nha Trang, was the lovely Restaurants and cafes dotted alongside the Beach.
    This was a really nice spot to enjoy an evening meal, which I did

Another time, I enjoyed having my Icecream here, views overlooking the beach and the far islands, people watching and reading my book, this was the life!

Fondest memory: Have a look at the photos to see how nice they are!

FEED THE OSTRICHES & DEER ON THI ISLAND

by balhannah Updated Oct 13, 2009

Feeding the Ostriches

Favorite thing: Thi Island I visited on my MONKEY ISLAND DAY TOUR

The stop here, was to feed the Ostrich and Deer. The Ostrich feeding was quite fun, their long necks, out stretched trying to get the food which was supplied for FREE!
    It was funny watching the reactions of some of the people as well.

A short walk, and you could feed the Deer, and also hop on the back of a Buffalo for an excellent photo!

• School Holidays

FEED THE MONKEYS

by balhannah Written Oct 15, 2009

MMM, Banana

Favorite thing: MONKEY ISLAND, and as the name suggests, its full of Monkeys. They are everywhere.

Probably if you have children they would like to feed them, you can buy food here.
    If not , just enjoy watching everybody else feeding them or watch their antics.

Remember to keep hold of your camera, purse and anything loose, such as keys, they are quite good at thieving!

I came included on a tour, so for a quick look it was ok, wouldn't come here especially, and I wasn't keen on the way handlers interact with the Monkeys.

It probably is a "tourist trap" but if you haven't seen Monkeys on the loose, wandering around before, then maybe you would like it.

Lying on the Beach

Beachside in Nha Trang

Favorite thing: If you're going to be travelling from North to South, or vice-versa, Nha Trang is a nice place to stop and relax. The beaches are empty during the day. Vietnamese people think dark complexions are unattractive, so they generally hide from the sun. However, don't be surprised if you're pestered by sellers. You can avoid this though, by going to the Rainbow Bar. They offer free beach chairs in an area barred from sellers so you can rest in peace.

Booze Cruise

Lunch on the Booze Cruise

Favorite thing: An alternative to scuba diving is a cruise around some of Nha Trang's nearby islands. Boats depart in the morning for full day on the ocean. Fare includes lunch, some cheap wine, and snorkeling equipment. You can sign up for a cruise at almost any hotel in Nha Trang. I think the fare is around $10.

• Cruise

Ba Ho Falls

Ba Ho Falls

Favorite thing: Ba Ho Falls is a nice day excursion out of Nha Trang. There are 3 waterfalls and natural pools for swimming. Most hotels will be happy to arrange it for you. For the more independent and adventurous, rent a motorbike and head there on your own. It's about 20 km north of Nha Trang

Scuba Diving

Scuba Diving in Nha Trang

Favorite thing: Whether you're a beginner or an expert, there are plenty of dive companies in Nha Trang to serve you. If you're an experienced diver, Nha Trang might be a bit boring as there isn't a whole lot of coral. Fisherman have destroyed a lot of it with dynamite fishing. However, you may still want to go for it to put another notch in your belt. Nha Trang is a great place to learn how to dive. It's much better than learning in a pool, but not so great that you feel like your missing out on something when you're busy doing drills. Most dive centers offer all levels of PADI certification.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• iwys's Profile Photo

The street life

by iwys Written May 6, 2005

Favorite thing: The streets of Nha Trang, especially in the market area are always lively and interesting to walk around, but there is a generally more relaxed atmosphere than in the other big cities. Maybe it's something to do with the place being a seaside resort.

Instant Answers: Nha Trang

Comments

Nha Trang Favorites

Reviews and photos of Nha Trang favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nha Trang sightseeing.