Nha Trang Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Nha Trang

Ganesh Indian Restaurant: Great quality and good value

by CEP1863 Written Nov 1, 2013
    Ganesh Indian Restaurant

I had walked past this restaurant during the daytime and decided to give it a whirl. When I first went in, the place looked to be empty but there is an upstairs dining area which is air-conditioned and this was busy. Staff were attentive and helpful and welcomed me with an ice cold face towel with which to refresh myself.

The menu was extensive and there was plenty of vegetarian choice. In the end I opted for bhajis as a starter and tarka dal with a naan bread for my main course. Portions are generous in size.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

Lanterns: Excellent food and more besides!

by CEP1863 Updated Aug 28, 2012

Lanterns Restaurant

I came across this restaurant one evening and was not disappointed. This seems to be a popular choice amongst tourists and when tasting the food it is very easy to understand why.

The menu is comprehensive and for me as a vegetarian I was pleasantly surprised by the range of dishes that I could choose from. It was the same for those who wanted to go down the choice of meat or fish.

Service is efficient and the staff are very welcoming and friendly and the staff will answer questions about the dishes and are also prepared to make modifications to dishes (an example was that I did not want one particular dish cooked with oyster sauce so they used soya sauce instead).

For those who wish to learn more about Vietnamese cookery, you can sign up to a mornings cookery class. The restaurant also operates a "soup kitchen" for local people in need of a meal and they also do a great deal of other charitable works to support the local community. The restaurant also does half day tours to see the more realistic side of Nha Trang including visiting the communities where their staff come from. Towards the rear of the restaurant they also have jewellery and clothing that is locally made for sale.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed the mushrooms in lemon grass which has a lovely spicy kick to the dish! Another dish that I found to be really tasty was the sautéed vegetables with tofu.

• Eco-Tourism

Omar's Indian Restaurant: Delicious and authentic curries

by CEP1863 Updated Aug 28, 2012

Omar's have been in Nha Trang for some tears now serving an extensive range of curries. For me, I particularly enjoy the extensive choice of vegetarian dishes. They also ask you how spicy you want your dish to be and cook it accordingly.

You can choose to eat upstairs where the room is air-conditioned.

Favorite Dish: I chose to have the Vegetable Samosas as a starter. For my main course I chose Tarka Dal (spiced lentil curry) with a plain naan bread. The samosas were very generous in size, the dal was cooked to perfection.

The food is excellent and good value for money, however I found drinks here to be more expensive than other restaurants

Good Morning Vietnam: Great Pizzas

by CEP1863 Updated Aug 17, 2012

Good Morning Vietnam Restaurant

This Italian restaurant really does serve a good pizza. Plenty of variety, they also serve a range of pasta and salads as well as some Vietnamese dishes. The ground floor allows you to watch the world go by or you can choose to go upstairs. I opted for downstairs and watched the chef cook my vegetable pizza.

They also have a branch in Hoi An.

Favorite Dish: Large variety of pizzas to choose from. I opted for the mixed vegetable pizza which was very tasty.

• Water Sports

El Coyote: El Coyote-More than Authentic Mexican

by martensd Written Mar 25, 2012

After a couple weeks in Vietnam, I had a taste for something different so decided on El Coyote Mexican Food, located at 78/16 Tue Tinh St.
    As we approached we saw they had a little fresh seafood cart with some really weird looking fish and... glory be....BUGS!!! Common to Australia as the Balmain or Moreton Bay bugs. They look like their name implies, Giant ugly bugs. But that is where it ends because the tail of these creatures is fantastic. Sweeter that lobster and crab in my opinion. So we gourged on the little "buggers" (Pun intended). They came with a really nice sauce of cream butter and lime, created by the owner/Chef Andre. Truly wonderful. And of course I did not forget the mexican food. My wife had pork ribs done just right and I had the tacos and chicken wings.
    Washing it down with a Tiger beer, I really loved the Tiger Glass and asked if I could buy it, but Andre's wife Lan, told us they are not for sale.
    To our surprise, at the end of our meal, we were presented with the glass for free. The end to a perfect meal!!!
    Not only was the food wonderful, but the terrific owners of El Coyote make eating there a memorable experience.

Favorite Dish: BUGS!!!! Not well known in this area and difficult to come by, this seafood delicasy is a must try
    tacos- small tacos done right

Louisiane: Louisiane -Still a Mainstay

by martensd Written Mar 20, 2012

For seven years we have been going to Louisiane Brewhouse (even before it was a brewhouse).
    We have always felt welcomed and this has not changed, even though the owner has.
    The new owner to my understanding is the same as the Sailing Club.

That worried us a bit because we have stopped going to the Sailing Club when they started charging entry fees and as we were told on our last trip....150,000 dong to get in and
    NO SEATING!!
    Really....I mean we were dressed to the tens, we wanted to eat...we SPEND MONEY!!
    But it does not matter...backpacker or affluent....pay the money and stand up.
    Be careful management, someday someone will build a place that does not take advantage or a least screens people better.

But to our delight, the Louisiane has not changed too much. Food is still good (albiet not cheap)
    My wife loves the grilled squid with garlic on the sushi menu. Me, I have always liked their pizzas.
    They have a passionfruit beer that was really good.
    We also had potato wedges with sour cream that were very good, as was the crab soup. They also had some orange rind dipped in chocolate in the pastry section that was wonderful.

We also have no complaints (well maybe a little one) about the staff. We always seem to meet and become friends with the managers. This year is no exception. They are always fantastic, friendly and helpful.
    So when our little problem happened and we mentioned it to our new friend the next day, she immediately took action.
    (The previous day, we had wanted to change a 100,000 dong bill for smaller bills in order to leave a tip.
    The girl at the register absolutely refused to make change for my wife (the CUSTOMER) nor for the waitress (A FELLOW EMPLOYEE))
    Needless to say the girls behind the bar all indicated that they knew nothing (of course) about the incident. when questioned by the manager. I am sure the manager will be following up though and from her conversation with the staff, I doubt it will happen again.

Anyway, bottom line, Louisiane still provides consistantly good food in a great atmosphere.
    Plus the added feature of having a beach and pool at your disposal for patronizing the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Grilled garlic squid
    Pizza
    Passionfruit beer

• Beaches

Salinas Restaurant: High Expectations...not met

by martensd Written Mar 20, 2012

Walking down Tran Phu on the southern end near all the mini hotels, we came across the Salinas Restaurant.
    The place looked terrific, very clean and new looking, wide open veranda style seating as well as inside air-con.
    They had a very colorful brouchure depicting many dishes that looked fantastic. The menu was large with a variety of items from seafood, to steak to Vietnamese and Italian. They also do breakfast.
    We decided to go that evening. We sat upstairs overlooking Tran Phu St. The hostess was very attentive.
    We decided to get soups first. My wife got crab aspargus and pork skin soup, I the Goulash along with garlic bread.
    Her soup arrived, it was very good....my soup would come later...MUCH later.....the bread arrived...no soup...we asked ....made from scratch....takes time....OK....finally...it came...and....
    I was disappointed. Tasted like no goulash I ever had or made, more like beef soup in broth.

So we moved on to order the entrees, we wanted the lobster, fried in garlic butter. It sounded good, it only cost 150,000dong, yeah, lets get that and chicken wings fried in garlic butter also.

Oh wait...the hostess tells us, that dish is very small, made from DEAD lobsters...but if we want a whole dead lobster we can get that for 1.5 MILLION dong.....or even better a LIVE lobster for 2.5MILLION Dong.
    We finished our drinks and LEFT!!! Felt a little bad for the hostess...not her fault.

We left sad because we really had such high hopes for the restaurant. Maybe our expectations were too high....maybe if we ordered something a little less "special"....maybe breakfast is better....maybe....oh forget it....why take another chance.

Favorite Dish: The crab soup was nice, the Goulash was very disappointing...never got to try anything else

• Business Travel

Self BBQ Restaurants: So many Restaurants ....so little time

by martensd Written Mar 20, 2012

My wife and I have been to Nha Trang six times. Every time, we see big changes in Nha Trang. The growth is alarming to say the least. But, that said, you will have so many restaurants to choose from, it boggles the mind.
    We decided to compare three BBQ Grill restaurants. We were hoping four four, but unfortunately, Truc Linh no longer does the self grill BBQ. We really like them but they say now it is too dangerous (??) Must be owned by a lawyer...LOL.
    Anyway first stop was the New Guava Restaurant on Nguyen Thien Thuat St.
    They have a roof top garden restaurant to the BBQ. Really nice. Had beef which is sliced thin, vegetables, we not aq big selection, squid was good and shrimp which were small.
    The hostesses were not very attentive but overall not a bad experience.

Next we went to the Grill Garden on the same street as Guava.
    We had high hopes as the place was in a nice looking garden setting. But we were a little disappointed. Again we had the beef, squid and vegetables. No marinades at all, the food was rather bland, vegetables were forgetable. The staff there want to grill the food for you, so that can either be good or bad depending on if you like someone standing over you cooking while you attempt to enjoy the evening. We did not, so we sent her on her way and grilled ourself. But at least you have a choice.
    The last was Lac Canh on Nguyen Binh Khiem St. It is away from the hustle and bustle of the city proper in a bit of a run down area.
    This was our favorite and by the crowds we are not alone.
    All of the BBQ items are marinated, but not to a point of overdoing it. The beef is in cubes so it stays moist better. My wife really liked the Pork ribs. The squid and chicken were also nice large slices that held up well on the grill Shrimp were the largest of the three places visited.. The vegetables had the largest selection of the three we visited.
    The staff are a bit flaky, they are playing around too much with each other, but are attentive to your needs.
    So of the three, Lac Canh, then Guava then Grill Garden are our picks.
    The Grill Garden has great potential but needs improvement in the back of the house.

Favorite Dish: Lac Canh- the vegetables have a great selection. Shrimp are very BIG.

Guava- Squid was nice

Garden Grill- No real momorable favorites. All OK, just not up to par with the others.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Thap Ba Hot Springs restaurant: eating out at the hot springs

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 4, 2011

frogs...

This restaurant, specializing in vietnamese food, is located inside the Thap Ba Hot Springs. It's a simple restaurant with an extensive menu and great food at affordable prices. The setting, by the little lake, is superb.

Favorite Dish: We had grilled frogs with lemongrass, which were really excellent. The steamed octopus proved to be good, too. Our friend Phuong had chicken rice and said it was quite good, too.

• kelnsha's Profile Photo

Cafe des Amis: Vietnamese Seafood & Vegetarian Dishes

by kelnsha Updated Apr 4, 2011

Cafe des Amis

We had a late lunch there and we tried their fried noodle (garlic) with vegetable and Des Amis fried rice. They are good and cost 15,000d per plate. Orange juice costs 11,000d.

It is a popular spot with good vegetarian fare. The walls here are covered with an interesting collection of works by Vietnamese painters.

Favorite Dish: Their fried noodle with garlic and vegetable is delicious and not oily. It cost 15,000d which is equivalent to SGD1.50

• kelnsha's Profile Photo

Red Star Restaurant: Don't Miss The Seafood! - Red Star Restaurant

by kelnsha Updated Apr 4, 2011

Red Star Restaurant

This no-frills place serves good seafood. Try the crab or clams with ginger lemongrass and chilli, or the fish hotpot.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish will be the fish hotpot because we like it hot and spicy! We love the gravy very much, we even mix it with our white rice.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Louisiane brewhouse.: Micro brewery on the beach.

by cachaseiro Written Mar 22, 2011

Louisiane brewhouse in Nha Trang.

In Nha Trang you have a fine little micro brewery right on the beach.
    And there is a restaurant and a beach bar at the place too, making it a perfect place to spend an afternoon.
    The place is quite classy and not the cheapest place in town, but it´s real nice and the beer there is the best i have had i Vietnam so far.
    I would strongly recommend a visit to that place if you like good beer in perfect surroundings.

Favorite Dish: They serve a fantastic red ale.

• Beer Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

Boat Trip: Food

by Willettsworld Written May 8, 2010

The boat boat-trip is offered by loads of travel agents and includes visits to four islands with much singing and swimming on the way. We stopped for lunch which was very good and consisted of prawns, fish, noodles, salad, bread and spring rolls which was included in the 120,000 VND price. Drinks cost extra.

Omar's Tandoori Cafe: Popular Indian

by Willettsworld Written May 8, 2010

An extremely popular Indian restaurant is Omar's. The Indian owners and chef will boast to you about their quality fare, and rightly so as this small yet busy place feeds spicy sub-continental food to the masses. Mr Omar is from New Delhi and so knows his stuff. The menu has an extensive range of chicken, mutton, seafood, veggie and rice dishes along with the usual breads and starters. I had a good Indian meal here with curry, rice, naan and beer costing 125,000 VDN.

Same Same But Different Cafe: Good breakfasts

by Willettsworld Written May 8, 2010

This is a good little place that was just down the road from where I was staying. I had a good breakfast here every morning and a lunch of a burger and chips & drink for 52,000 VND. The food is great with Thai dishes on offer, along with Vietnamese and western food which comes with friendly service. Breakfast of baguette, butter, jam and coffee costs 30,000 VND.

Instant Answers: Nha Trang

Comments

Nha Trang Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Nha Trang restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nha Trang sightseeing.