Nha Trang Restaurants

• jmmorgan's Profile Photo

Thuy Tien: Fresh Food

by jmmorgan Written Oct 12, 2003

Thuy Tien

Somewhere out in the bay off Nha Trang you will find this restaurant. To get to it you have to leave your boat and be ferried across on a floating platform. The view across the bay is calming and the owners are very friendly. We were unsure of what to order so they suggested a seafood lunch at $7 per head.
    We enjoyed a huge grilled fish, some soup (seafood naturally), prawns and crabs plus rice. An excellent meal.

Favorite Dish: The crabs were fantastic.

• jmmorgan's Profile Photo

Louisiane Cafe: Superb dinner

by jmmorgan Written Oct 27, 2003

An excellent seafood dinner - prawns in coconut to die for - followed by a huge portion of home made ice cream in numerous exotic flavours. I couldn't choose so ordered 3 different scoops!
    Surroundings were very pleasant and the service was excellent. Price was also very good.
    Varied menu of western staples, burgers, fries etc and also an extensive list of local dishes and local seafood.

Favorite Dish: Anything from the sea!

• betska's Profile Photo

El Coyote Tex-Mex Restaurant & Bar: Mexican & a game of pool

by betska Written Aug 23, 2008

Although we love the Vietnamese food, it was time for a change. Ash & I shared plates of Tacos & Nachos washed down with 333 Vietnamese beer on tap.
    Free pool, and the bar girls even get the balls ready for you!
    We enjoyed a few leisurely games and were joined by a Canadian guy who thrashed us!

Favorite Dish: The nachos was very good & cheap

La Taverna: Excellent and REAL Italian food

by call_me_rhia Written Jul 17, 2007

restauran's bike

La Taverna ended up being the only place we ate while in town... for two good reasons: their Italian food is really delicious and authentic, and in particular because the owner (Athos) is a good friend of ours.

The restaurant is small and homely, with only eight tables inside and two outside... and everyone is really nice. Unlike other (real or fake) Italian restaurants, you'll have to wait a while until the food you ordered is brought to you, which is always a good sign.

The reason is simple: everything is prepared at the moment, including the pastas and gnocchi... Good food needs its time...

Favorite Dish: Pasta and gnocchi: all were delicious, especially their seafood variety. Fish and seafood: the sea bream is heavenly.

Chicken: I'm particularly fond of the chicken with chilli and lemongrass (the best I had in Vietnam), but the curry was excellent, too.

There were many desserts on the list... we are assured that the tiramisu is fantastic. One day we'll go back for it. And did i forget about the pizzas? Go try them...

• mango13's Profile Photo

62 Tran Phu: Home away from home

by mango13 Written Jun 11, 2003

Most of my time in Nha Trang, I ate at the restaurant attached to the equally named hotel.You don't have to stay in the hotel to eat here. The restaurant is outdoors (but covered), though there's also a possibility to eat indoors.
    The people here are very friendly, and once even invited me over to join the family & staff for dinner... That might however have had something to do with the fact I was there so often, and even tended to spend my evenings there.
    Still, it can't be a coincidence that both the friends I made in VN with whom I'm still mailing both work here (hello Thao, hello Oanh Thu). The place breaths conviviality, despite the many tourists (both foreign and domestic) it receives. Some Vietnamese even have their wedding here, and who can blame them with the high quality of the food, and the relatively low prices.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Dong Danh: the best and cheapest seafood ever

by call_me_rhia Updated Jul 18, 2007

prawns

A simple seafood restaurant like many others that dot bah Yai beach... with plastic chairs and friendly owners. You just see what their catch of the day, tell them what you would like, and then they either cook it for you or bring a small BBQ on the table, with a coule of sauces (delicious... but watch out for the blandest-looking of them... it's the hottest thing I have ever tasted) and cook it yourself.

Favorite Dish: We were four people and ordered 1 kilos of prawns, 1 kilo of calamari, 1/2 kilo of shells, a portion for four of noodles with calamari, a large salad, 10 import beers and two large bottles of water. The total price? 430'000 dongs, which is about 7 dollars each.

Thap Ba Hot Springs restaurant: eating out at the hot springs

by call_me_rhia Updated Apr 4, 2011

frogs...

This restaurant, specializing in vietnamese food, is located inside the Thap Ba Hot Springs. It's a simple restaurant with an extensive menu and great food at affordable prices. The setting, by the little lake, is superb.

Favorite Dish: We had grilled frogs with lemongrass, which were really excellent. The steamed octopus proved to be good, too. Our friend Phuong had chicken rice and said it was quite good, too.

• kelnsha's Profile Photo

Red Star Restaurant: Don't Miss The Seafood! - Red Star Restaurant

by kelnsha Updated Apr 4, 2011

Red Star Restaurant

This no-frills place serves good seafood. Try the crab or clams with ginger lemongrass and chilli, or the fish hotpot.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish will be the fish hotpot because we like it hot and spicy! We love the gravy very much, we even mix it with our white rice.

• betska's Profile Photo

Cyclo Cafe: Vietnamese & Italian food

by betska Written Aug 23, 2008

This place must have been flavour of the month when we were there. It's the first time on our trip that we had to wait for a table. The food was top quality and the beer was nice & cold (I seem to mention beer a lot... don't I?)

Favorite Dish: Seafood hot pot - yum. The only minus was having no bread to soak up the delicious sauce

• iwys's Profile Photo

62 Tran Phu Restaarant: Seafood by the beach

by iwys Written May 6, 2005

The restaurant at 62 Tran Phu has one of the best locations in Nha Trang, right opposite the beach. The staff are young and friendly. it's a relaxing place to sit and drink beer, but I think their seafood is a bit too expensive.

You can choose your own fresh fish and shellfish, including lobster, and then it will be barbecued immediately.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Louisiane brewhouse.: Micro brewery on the beach.

by cachaseiro Written Mar 22, 2011

Louisiane brewhouse in Nha Trang.

In Nha Trang you have a fine little micro brewery right on the beach.
    And there is a restaurant and a beach bar at the place too, making it a perfect place to spend an afternoon.
    The place is quite classy and not the cheapest place in town, but it´s real nice and the beer there is the best i have had i Vietnam so far.
    I would strongly recommend a visit to that place if you like good beer in perfect surroundings.

Favorite Dish: They serve a fantastic red ale.

• Beer Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

• CEP1863's Profile Photo

Omar's Indian Restaurant: Delicious and authentic curries

by CEP1863 Updated Aug 28, 2012

Omar's have been in Nha Trang for some tears now serving an extensive range of curries. For me, I particularly enjoy the extensive choice of vegetarian dishes. They also ask you how spicy you want your dish to be and cook it accordingly.

You can choose to eat upstairs where the room is air-conditioned.

Favorite Dish: I chose to have the Vegetable Samosas as a starter. For my main course I chose Tarka Dal (spiced lentil curry) with a plain naan bread. The samosas were very generous in size, the dal was cooked to perfection.

The food is excellent and good value for money, however I found drinks here to be more expensive than other restaurants

• Women's Travel

• Checkpoint Bar & Restaurant: Russian food is good.....

by groovernsw Written Aug 16, 2009

Checkpoint is like a guilty secret!
    Its a Russian/ Euro themed bar restaurant on 4 floors including a roof top terrace.
    The decor is quite different from anything else in Nha Trang, full of photos of Soviet military scenes, military flags and Soviet hats & greatcoats. Leningrad re-visited!

It has a cool ambience & the staff, both Russian and Vietnamese all speak varying degrees of english. More importantly, they are friendly & make you feel welcome. Which can be quite a change from the usual Vietnam eating experience.

Favorite Dish: Ok, I only tried a few dishes but enjoyed each one
    1. Borsch - cabbage soup. tasty & reminded me of scotch broth a bit
    2. Russian Dumplings - we Europeans would call this Ravioli without the tomato based sauce! Served with dill i think, its very good.
    3. Russian salad - YUM. similar to a potato & vegetable salad in mayo.
    4 Squid - salted. different. just try it.
    5. Lamb - had rack of lamb. It was just as good as anywhere Ive ever had it.

• kickamoocow's Profile Photo

Da Fernando: Best food in Nha Trang!

by kickamoocow Written Apr 24, 2008

This restaurant is amazing...it's owned by an Italian, the pizza and pasta are amazing! he also offers thai food, we did not try any but it looked and smelled great!! The staff were really friendly, even Fernando himself came out and had a chat and remembered us when we went back for desert! Compared to the other restaurants we ate in, it was a little more expensive but the food was sooo much better - well worth the extra few dong! it was around $10 per person including drinks, some meals were more some less thouhg..

Favorite Dish: teh chocolate mousse!! It was to die for!! the best mousse I have ever tasted!!

• Study Abroad

• kelnsha's Profile Photo

Cafe des Amis: Vietnamese Seafood & Vegetarian Dishes

by kelnsha Updated Apr 4, 2011

Cafe des Amis

We had a late lunch there and we tried their fried noodle (garlic) with vegetable and Des Amis fried rice. They are good and cost 15,000d per plate. Orange juice costs 11,000d.

It is a popular spot with good vegetarian fare. The walls here are covered with an interesting collection of works by Vietnamese painters.

Favorite Dish: Their fried noodle with garlic and vegetable is delicious and not oily. It cost 15,000d which is equivalent to SGD1.50

Instant Answers: Nha Trang

Comments

Nha Trang Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Nha Trang restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nha Trang sightseeing.