Some minorities dont want their picture to be taken except you pay them money. Other than money, they recognise no one. This especially apply in kids. Some of them (little boy) could be very rude if you snap the picture and refuse to pay money.
Cat Cat Village
If you go to Cat Cat Village on your own, go earlier because you cant estimate the total distance and time take. It will take one to two hours depends on your speed.
However, if you go in the afternoon, the day turns dark fast at around 5pm.
If you follow the tour, they will turn back half way near the waterfall following a small path. This is not a clear path where if you go alone, you wont know it. So you will follow the clear path which is a big round. You will still come out eventually, but most of the time, you are alone on the road.
Hmm I am not sure if that is a wild pig. I saw this pig on my way back.. no one else on the road.. quite afraid and thinking if it will attack me.. some more dont dare to run.. =S
Here's just a warning
In the town, you will be at least once asked by the hill tribe girls to buy blankets, pillows or braclets.. Some will let you go after you say no..some will keep following you.
If you really dont want to buy anything from them and want to avoid them completely...then
- Have as few conversation as possible with them.
- Don't tell them which hotel you stay.
- Don't give them any sign that they can turn it into a promise that you will buy their blanket. Cos if something like that happens, they will follow you, wait for you in front of a resturant till you finish, then follow back to the hotel....
"Why you not buy from me?"
"You lie to me you said you buy blanket from me"
All is said from what me and my friends had gone through....see the picture.
- Budget Travel
- Mountain Climbing
- Low rate guaranteed!
- Otel.com No booking or cancellation fees! Book with otel.com & get 5% bonus
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.