Sapa Restaurants

Main street of Sapa.
    by pfsmalo
  • Little Sa Pa,18 Cau May Street, Sa Pa,Viietnam.
    Little Sa Pa,18 Cau May Street, Sa...
    by Greggor58
  • Little Sa Pa,18 Cau May Street, Sa Pa,Viietnam.
    Little Sa Pa,18 Cau May Street, Sa...
    by Greggor58

Most Recent Restaurants in Sapa

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Restaurant Michell, Sapa.: Young manager warrants a hand.

by pfsmalo Written Jun 13, 2012

Main street of Sapa.

In March when we went to this restaurant, it had only changed hands a short while ago and renovated by the new manager and his wife with no help from outside. A young feller that has done his classes in Paris and London, but resolutely hopes to convince the tourists to try Vietnamese food, although he does have "hamburgers and fries" on the menu for the irreductibles. Although our dinner was included in our tour, we had a chat with Hung and he told us what we had came to about 7$ US without the beer per person, which seemed reasonable for a 4-course meal with the coffee thrown in free. Perhaps we got a decent deal because he had only been open a couple of weeks, but the friendly chat and nice atmosphere made for a very pleasant evening.

Favorite Dish: Ours was a set meal so we had :

Spring rolls -
    Shrimps and noodles -
    Pork curry -
    Ice cream -

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

Michell Restaurant: Terrific Fresh Food..

by Greggor58 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Michell Restaurant,34 Cao May St., Sa Pa,Vietnam.

We eat here only once but thoroughly enjoyed our meal here.

There really weren’t too many people here when we were here but it was mid day and it was NOT peak season. The town as a whole was not overly busy so in fact the service we received here was top notch and of course we had our choice of tables.

The restaurant itself faces the busy Cau May Street and has large windows to let lots of light in…this allows one to watch the comings and goings of people in the street which provides quite a lot of entertainment in itself. You’ll be able to watch tourists being “approached” by multitudes of Hmong and or Dao people and watch the “ goings on” of every day life here in Sa Pa..

The restaurant was clean and had a pretty diverse menu to choose a meal from. They have set menu’s available and daily specials…just for example the day we were there the set menu special consisted of pumpkin soup, spring rolls, grilled chicken or pork, steamed rice, a pancake or yogurt for desert and a glass of wine for the equivalent of ONLY $ 6.00…

I wouldn’t definitely head back here again to eat if I am ever back in Sa Pa…Say hello to Minnh for me if you see her!!

Favorite Dish: I ordered a simple fruit salad and watched as a person was dispatched to fetch from the market a mango which they needed to complete the presentation. Kevin had a full lunch that included a garlic fried chicken with vegetables and noodles.

Both meals were inexpensive and both meals well presented and very good.

• Photography
    • Hiking and Walking

• manhsapa's Profile Photo

Lepho: Once in Sapa - Vietnam, should try Pho at LePho

by manhsapa Updated Apr 4, 2011

Local vegetable to eat together

I'm working as the guide and once I came to LePho restaurant with my friends from Autralia. We are surprised that they serve here only Pho and Nem - two Vietnamese famous dishes. Well we really noticed that this is the real Vietnamese gastronomy. It is so amazing........ if you travel to Vietnam, and to Sapa, you should try Pho at LePho restaurant...

Favorite Dish: Pho and Nem

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Homestay food: Wonderful food on our trek

by Willettsworld Written May 16, 2010
    Food at our homestay

Day 1 of my trek which I did through et-pumpkin took me from Sapa to a village called Ta Vin where we stayed with a Zay family overnight. We got to our overnight home stay in the village where our beds were upstairs on the floor while they cooked our evening meal on a small open fire in the kitchen area. The food was fantastic - chicken and mushrooms, pork and mushrooms, chips!, rice and spring rolls. They even had beer! Day 2 of the trek started with breakfast which consisted of crepes, toast, coffee/tea. It was a wonderful experience to spend a night with these people and to sample their way of life.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Food Stalls: Beside the church

by Willettsworld Written May 16, 2010

You'll find plenty of food stalls beside the church that well yams, chestnuts, meat, and corn-on-the-cob from small open grills. Each stalls has little plastic chairs and tables for you to sit whilst you eat.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo

Little Sa Pa...Inexpensive and Entertaining..: "The Guessing Game”

by Greggor58 Written Apr 2, 2010

Little Sa Pa,18 Cau May Street, Sa Pa,Viietnam.

This restaurant is also located on Cao May Street much further up the hill from Michell Restaurant.

We discovered this place on our first day in town, being that it was maybe a ten minute walk from either of the hotels we were staying at while in Sa Pa..

The first day we enjoyed lunch here and returned the following two days to enjoy breakfast.
    The girls that worked here easily recognized us and were always happy to see us whenever we walked through the doors...

FUNNY things though...they DID not like us tipping after our meal...the one girl made it quite clear that it was not acceptable...so Im not sure what that was all about but assumed it had something to do with the owner's practice here.

The food was always good BUT the service was kind of iffffy sometimes…things got lost in translation I guess BUT it was kind of funny to see what might actually arrive as opposed to what was ordered, I mean does it really matter if your omelets were without cheese…or onion??

Favorite Dish: In spite of the seemingly small issues I enjoyed the atmosphere here…fine dining it WASN’T but it was a clean and functional restaurant and nether of us were ill from eating here!

Breakfasts complete with omelets, baguettes, fresh orange juice, and fruit cost around 80,000 Dong…around $ 4.00.

The lunch that we enjoyed here was a little cheaper than the breakfast. I really enjoyed a curried chicken with rice and Kevin had and enjoyed a hot plate with garlic and chicken. Both lunches were in the ball park of 55,000 Dong which equates to less than $ 3.00 each, rice was ordered and served on the side for another 10,000 Dong…about 50 cents.

• Photography
    • Hiking and Walking

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

Baguette & Chocolat: Espresso and French pastries at California prices!

by bpwarne Written May 31, 2008

Cafe, Bakery, Restaurant, Mini Hotel. This place has it all. Pleasant atmosphere with both indoor and outdoor patio dining. Lots of pastries, breads, sandwiches. Moderately good espresso and milk based espresso drinks. Nice place to just hang out indoors on a foul weather day or outdoors on a pleasant day as long as you dont mind paying California prices.

On the pricey side, even for Sapa.

Favorite Dish: Breads or pastries.

• Avieira67's Profile Photo

Sapa Smile: A great service!

by Avieira67 Updated May 15, 2008
    The owner and I

I confess I didn't like very much Vietnamese people because, most of them, are not kind with tourists. Maybe they remember always bad time at the past! Anyway, I found many good people, including the owner of this good restaurant.
    I've never tryed rice wine, but the owner offered me one glass just to taste! I confess I found it very strong and similar to waterfire.

Favorite Dish: Of course tofu is well served here, but if you prefer meat I advise you the good steak they offer.

• anoum's Profile Photo

Street stall: Lip smacking local food and cheap

by anoum Updated Dec 25, 2007
    Delicious street food

There are a few street stalls along the road on the right side of the church that sell local food. I decided to try this one which had a grandma grilling bbq pork on sticks. It is also a bigger food stall than the rest. They also sell noodle that is thin (similar to beehoon in Malaysia) and rice cooked in bamboo. You eat the rice with powdered peanut mixed with rock salt. Definitely unusual. The rice is similar in taste to 'lemang' in Malaysia. A bamboo stick of it cost 4,000 Dong. Soft drinks & beer also available. You can also watch tv while you eat if you like it.

Favorite Dish: Noodle with sour soup served separately and comes with a basket of green vegetables. You can add chilli powder if you like. Cost 5,000 Dong when I was there on 1 Dec 2007. They also serve noodle in clear soup but it isn't as tasty and the noodle given is less. The rice noodle is very smooth, the smoothest I have ever tasted and makes excellent eating. Actually this bowl of noodle (pho) is the best I ate on the streets in Vietnam although I travelled from north to south. My western friends (from Germany, NZ, England) also liked it.

• woeiyann's Profile Photo

Baguette & Chocolat Sapa: A nice cafe to hang out

by woeiyann Updated Oct 8, 2007

my sis Tyng & our H'mong guests

Baguette & Chocolate is no stranger to people who had read a guide book to Sapa. It is a cozy restaurant, cafe, French bakery and mini hotel set in a old french building. For detail info on this place please log on to www.hoasuaschool.com or lother website with review on it.

This was my favourite place for having a nice afternoon tea after a long day track and a place to give little treats to my H'mong friends in Sapa. I would picked up some pastries here before starting the trekking trips coz it is conveniently located 3 mins walk away from Hotel Summit where I stayed. It is also a great place to have a cup hot chocolat before winding down to bed. What I like about this place was the cozy ambience, tasty food and reasonable price list. - the lowest amongst the nicer restaurants in Sapa. I have'nt try the Vietnamese dishes here as there are option of simple restaurants around with cheaper menu.

However, I would give bad comment to the staffs attitute. I am not sure it was due to language barrier or it is just the unfriendlyness. If you ever request for something or ask more than a question on the menu, they would be impatient. They were also unfriendly to my H'mong guests. This was account from the few visits I had during my trips there. This is an area they need to improve.

Favorite Dish: The value afternoon tea break set 25,000 dong.

• hydronetta's Profile Photo

The red dragon pub: If you get fed up by local food

by hydronetta Updated Mar 28, 2007

If you feel you already had enough of noodles and vegetables and you feel western cuisine is needed then you can try this lovely restaurant-pub. It is located a bit of the centre but within walking distance (ooposite Royal view Hotel) . It's a lovely 4 storey building (only two floors serve as pub) decorated in pure english style. Breakfast is served, lovely dishes like pumpkin soup or local made sausages with mashed potatoes not to mention the lovely capuccino served and the pankcakes with marple syrup and local ice sream. Prices are around 3 euros per dish. If you want you can have your meal either in the ground floor or upstairs which is like an english pub. The place is run by an englishman and his lovely vietnamese wife and the overall service is friendly and good. Highly recommended if you feel homesick (about western cuisine) or more if you are fond of English pubs.

Favorite Dish: Pancakes, pumpkin soup, sausages with mashed potatoes, peas and sauce

Instant Answers: Sapa

Comments

Sapa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sapa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sapa sightseeing.