Hue Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Hue

• TheAndos's Profile Photo

Golden Rice: Friendly service and good food

by TheAndos Updated Apr 2, 2012

We ate here in March 2012. Rice cake with prawns in banana leaf, green papaya salad, rice dish with chicken, several cold beers. Got talking to Nghio, the waiter, who is a biology student in the day. Very bright young man and good Englsh. Because of him, we went back a couple of nights later and met the owner. Had the salad again plus "bloated" rice cakes (do not be put off!), prawn and crab noodle. Great food.

Favorite Dish: Anything Vietnamese!

• Y Thao Garden: Total Rip-off!!

by LienTN Written Dec 28, 2011

My husband and I were introduced to this restaurant (Y Thao Garden, 03- Trach Han Street, Hue City, Vietnam, Tel no : + 84 54 3523018) by a tour gude who in turn was introduced to us by our hotel. Being that the tour guide was associated with the hotel (which we were very happy with), we trusted her completely. We were totally fooled by her!! She said that we were being taken to taste "royal food", "very special food which was only eaten by members of the old royal family". We paid USD100 for the meal (which included music). The food at YThao was HORRIBLE!! I am originally from VN so I know what authentic Vietnamese food should taste like. My husband and I have been to VN several times and are very familiar with Vietnamese food and pricing (my husband and I had eaten at many other places and rarely paid more than USD10 for each of the previous meals). We also noticed that there seemed to be several other tour groups there who no doubt were also similarly deceived!! We didn't mind paying USD100 per se, but we were expecting something else, not the rubbish that was fed to us!! Upon returning to our hotel after the meal, we were told by the hotel staff that they had received many complaints from other guests about YThao!! We wish we'd checked with the hotel staff beforehand. If you ever come across this restaurant, run away and FAST!!

Favorite Dish: NONE!! Everything was horrible!!:-((

• Architecture

• chizz's Profile Photo

Y Thao Garden (Jardin de y Thao): Traditional restaurant in Hue

by chizz Updated Apr 4, 2011

Food at Y Thao garden Restaurant

Traditional Vietnamese restaurant which serves great food in clean and traditional surroundings. We had a group meal in one of the private rooms complete with our own band which played traditional music. Staff were friendly and prices reasonable.

Favorite Dish: Set menu - all was good

• chizz's Profile Photo

Mandarin Cafe: Great Cafe with photos for sale in Hue

by chizz Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Mandarin Cafe - Hue

Simple Vietnamese and western food which is both tasty and cheap. Clean with friendly service. The owner, Mr Cu is often in the restaurant and his photos of Vietnam are for sale very cheaply. They are also displayed around the cafe and there is a sample catalogue to browse from. There is also a travel desk which organises trips for travellers.

Favorite Dish: Chicken curry, banana pancakes.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Omar Khayyam's Indian Restaurant: Good Indian option

by Willettsworld Written May 9, 2010

Being bit an Indian food fan, I came across this Indian restaurant along the main tourist drag in Hue where you'll find more restaurants as well as tourist shops, bars, hotels and guesthouses. The usual Indian selection of food can be found on the menu and I had a pretty reasonable curry, rice, naan and beer which was well priced.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Missy Roo Bar/Restaurant: Good western dishes & cooking lessons on offer

by Willettsworld Written May 9, 2010

This place is located along the main tourist drag in Hue where you'll find more restaurants as well as tourist shops, bars, hotels and guesthouses. I came here for lunch when I first arrived and had a good bacon-cheeseburger plus I had a breakfast here one morning as well which cost 42,000 VND. The menu offers a good string selection of Western/Asia and local Vietnamese dishes. They also run cooking classes here as well which are meant to be pretty good plus you can also use their internet for free.

• paulsupermario's Profile Photo

Nina's Cafe: Great Food and Atmosphere!!!!!

by paulsupermario Written Feb 24, 2010

I think this restaurant is the best in the Nguyen Tri Phuong backstreet. Its right at the end though past the hotels and other restaurants but you can see their sign near the beginning of the street.

The family who run this place are really friendly and the atmosphere is great. Its sort of inside / outside as there is a roof but no walls, and they have decorated the space tastefully.

The best thing about this place though is the food - really good. I think its the best I have tasted in Vietnam, and they have local Hue dishes as well as Vietnamese & Western food. The menu is pretty big, I kept coming back to try more and more dishes and was never disappointed.

Nina herself is the owners' Daughter. She is a waitress there and is bubbly and very sweet. They have a wall of photos of past happy customers, with one, hopefully, with me on it!

Favorite Dish: My favourite dish there was a traditional Hue dish called Nem Lui (I think this is the spelling!) This was Pork grilled with a peanut sauce. It comes rolled up and with vegetables. Tastes amazing! They recommended this to me, and I wasn't disappointed. Cost about 30,000VND I think!

• Motorcycle

• NYTim's Profile Photo

Tropical Garden Restaurant: So good for seafood

by NYTim Written Nov 16, 2009

The restaurant was just across from my hotel in Hue. I arrived in Hue at 8 pm. The concierge sent me there. It is a lovely setting -- like a tropical rain forest. There were palms, vines and ferns everywhere and the ambiance was quite peaceful. I arrived just a couple of weeks after a typhoon so the town and the restaurant seemed quite empty. The service was just lovely and attentive enough without being intrusive.

Favorite Dish: I had a seafood hot pot. The dish is seafood broth which bubbles away on a little charcoal burner. The waitress then pops the fresh seafood and tofu into the bubbling cauldron then when it is done she serves you and turns of the heat so the fish that are not on your plate do not over cook. As usual I had a few bottles of the local beer. It was probably my best meal I had in Vietnam

• Photography
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Beer Tasting

• DSwede's Profile Photo

La Residence: 5-star at 3-star prices

by DSwede Written May 11, 2009

The duck at La Residence

La Residence Hotel has a nice restaurant with both indoor and outdoor seating. The tables are presented with full linens and place settings. It gives the feeling of being in a 5-star posh restaurant, but thankfully not paying those prices

Favorite Dish: We all had various dishes. There was grilled pork, noodles, steamed vegetables, both western and Vietnamese style. I personally think I made the best choice by having the roasted duck, served with sweet potato and vegetables.

• iwys's Profile Photo

Thuy Tien Restaurant: The proudest restaurant owner in the world

by iwys Updated Dec 17, 2008

Thuy in her restaurant

You have to meet Thuy. This little, open-air restaurant is her pride and joy. The service is excellent and the food is good too. It is a pleasant place to sit drinking beer and watching the world go by.

Thuy Thien stands at the end of a row of three open air cafes at the northern end of Hung Vuong Street. They all serve a range of local dishes and traveller's fare, and all have menus in English and French. Thuy herself speaks good English.

• iwys's Profile Photo

Minh and Coco Mini Restaurant: A traveller's place

by iwys Updated Dec 17, 2008

This is one of a row of three mini restaurants or street cafes, in Hung Vuong Street, frequented by travellers. Thuy Thien is next door. Their signs and menus are in English and French, but they do get some local customers: mostly local youngsters who like to sit here amongst the foreigners and drink beer.

There appears to be some rivalry between the restaurants in the day-time, when they are fairly quiet, but they all seem to be full to overflowing in the evenings and everybody is happy.

They serve a range of local dishes plus the usual traveller's fare.

Ushi Bar & Restaurant: Good local cuisine

by betska Written Oct 25, 2008

This place had some interesting local specialities to try. Also a nice little bar & free pool

Favorite Dish: A local dish called "Banh Khoai". Very thin rice pancakes served with shrimp, pork and bean sprouts, you roll them up yourself with a special peanut sauce.

DMZ Cafe & Bar: A good spot to hang out

by betska Written Oct 25, 2008

We had a few meals here. It's also a bar so you can just have a drink. Free pool tables upstairs along with free internet. It gets pretty lively here at night. The walls are covered with traveller's graffitti. I guess they must re-paint every now & then to start again.

Favorite Dish: Can't remember the name of it, but a very nice chicken & noodle dish. They also do chocolate brownies and icecream.

The Friend Restaurant: Lovely people

by betska Written Oct 25, 2008

What lovely friendly people. A family-run restaurant, with simple food, good service and they were very interested to find out more about us, and where we came from.

The french fries were a bit ordinary, though we did eat late.

Favorite Dish: Simple noodle dishes. Nice cold beer. Halida, I think.

• Phuong Nam Cafe: The best food in Vietnam!

by caherpeak Written Nov 3, 2007

This down to earth Sidewalk cafe is really excellent. The 2 times we went there, the diners were a mix of locals, expats, and lucky/savvy travellers like ourselves. Service is prompt and friendly, and the food is just superb. Prices are par for Vietnam, which means you get amazingly delicious plates for around $2-$3. You won't regret eating here.

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Hue

Comments

Hue Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hue restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hue sightseeing.