My Tho Favorites

Along Mekong Tributary
    Guerilla!

Most Recent Favorites in My Tho

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Wear a Straw Hat! (non bai tho)

by machomikemd Written Sep 26, 2007

Straw Hat Wearing Vietnamese

Favorite thing: It's hot, humid, lush and tropical! Since It can be blisteringly hot in the Mekong Delta Area from May to October and this is August, the ubiquitous Vietnamese conical hat is essential to wear here! It cost 8,000-10,000 VND Each and you can even bring it back as souvenir!

Fondest memory: I look like a VC in the pictures hehe!

• Kayaking
    • Eco-Tourism

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

the mekong delta

by call_me_rhia Updated Jul 26, 2007

house on the delta

Favorite thing: My Tho is the capital city and municipality of the Tiền Giang Province in the Mekong Delta, about 2 hours south of Ho Hi Minh. It has a population of about 160,000 inhabitants and it is a popular starting point for the one day mekong Delta tour.

It's not the real delta.. or better, it's the outskirts of th delta... still, it was a very pleasant day out of town... enough to wet your appetite for the delta, and to make you go back for more and longer. The visits are quite touristy, though simple - but the scenery is top class.

It is a nice starting point for tourists to take a boat trip on the Mekong.

Fondest memory: Crossing the main branches of the delta is interesting... plenty of water traffic which I would not have imagined... but I liked best boating the smaller and inner canals, seeing the traditional stilt houses and people boating to and fro.

Instant Answers: My Tho

Comments

My Tho Favorites

Reviews and photos of My Tho favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for My Tho sightseeing.