My Tho Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in My Tho

• A journey of peril in memoir

by mustangnguyen Updated Apr 9, 2008

What has in common to those dangerous escapes like climbings the Berlin Wall over to the West, or crossings the DMZ of The North to the South of Korea or taking a boat escape out of Vietnam after 1975 when the South fell into the hands of North Communists?

Mytho boat trip or Mekong Delta boat trip has haulted and reminds me of what happened 29 years ago when I and my family tried to leave Communist Regime for freedom.

It is a matter of freedom or death to escape out of Vietnam.

Right after the North Communist took over the South, every one was emeny or criminals. Over hundred of thousands of former solder of the South were imprisoned into somthing called "Reeducation Camp", their homes were confisticated and their families were sent to "New Economy Zone" which literally is unhabitant places.

There was no Maoist "People Court" happend like in the North Vietnam during 1954-1956 or mass killings like "The Killing Fields" in Cambodia, but slowing, secrectly, silently and systematically people of the South Vietnam were exterminating by the hand of people who are same race and nationality. Communism's ideaology and hadreds by propogandas have drove the North "victorous" communist crazy.

No choice our family must leave Vietnam.

Exactly the same canals and river mouths where you spend time to have fun with, we have hidden and lived there for days in order to escape.....

(to be continued)

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: My Tho

My Tho Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of My Tho warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for My Tho sightseeing.