Pago Pago Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Pago Pago

• scaleguy's Profile Photo

Petite women be cautious

by scaleguy Written Oct 31, 2004

I did see a few things that I found disturbing. While at the Chicken of the Sea plant I saw a small women wlking down the hall. Five men walked by her and started hitting her with their heavy rubber gloves. When I asked about it, I was told, that because she was so small she was considered to be a prostitute. In the eyes of these deeply religious people that makes her the target for abuse. What I really didn't like was that I was the only person to be concerned.

• Women's Travel

• scaleguy's Profile Photo

Mud slides

by scaleguy Written Oct 31, 2004

I went during the rainy season. Watch out for mud slides. 7 people died the day I got there. There are many cliffs along the road and the ancient volcanic ash can let loose with no warning. Watch for the water falls while it's raining. This is the most likely place for the mudslides to happen. They do put up some protection from falling rocks but the mud will go right through it. because of this the water was contaminated and you could not drink it.

Instant Answers: Pago Pago

Comments

Pago Pago Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Pago Pago warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pago Pago sightseeing.