Hog's Breath Cafe, Canberra

• Hog's Breath Cafe
    by keeweechic
  • Hog's Breath Cafe - Civic or Woden: Indifferent Tex-Mex served real slow

by stewcam Written Dec 2, 2007

Unsatisfying dining experience. Slow service with an emphasis on drinks. Main meal took almost one hour to arrive. Food is OK. Overall hard to recommend, especially as prices are relatively high. Note that the service at the Hog's Breath in Woden is even slower!

• OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Hog's Breath Cafe: I Didn't Want to Like This Place...But I Did

by OnTheRoadGoombah Written Sep 26, 2007

Okay, this place reminded me of Friday's or Bennigans in the States. Complete with the vinyl records and ice skates decorating the walls. So I immediuately was adverse to going in, but a group of us were meeting there for dinner.

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the ribs and steak combo and it was very very good....surprisingly good. As much as it hurts me to recommend what appears to be a chain restaurant, I cannot deny it...I actually liked it.

Favorite Dish: The ribs were falling off the bone good!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo

Restaurants with BYO

by keeweechic Updated Aug 2, 2003

Canberra has a diverse range of cuisines largely because of the huge number of foreign embassies in the city. Some restaurants are designated as BYO (Bring Your Own) What this means is that you have to bring your own liquor/wine as it is not licensed and therefore not served in the restaurant. This is a very popular thing in Australia and New Zealand and also keeps the cost of the meal down.

Some restaurants may charge a 'corkage fee' which just means that they uncork the bottle and provide the glasses - a token thing.

Instant Answers: Canberra

Comments

Hotels Near Hog's Breath Cafe
3.5 out of 5 stars