Nightclubs and bars in Australia

Most Viewed Nightlife in Australia

• Amelei's Profile Photo

UNI BAR: THE REGATTA HOTEL- Toowong Brisbane

by Amelei Updated Apr 4, 2011

Okay some would call this sad, but The Regatta is like my local watering hole. I really love it.

It is situated right on the river in Brisbane and you're always sure to have a great night.

I have met so many travelling tourists at this place, all with great stories to share over a beer or 6.

Theres a reasonable courtyard out the back, which is nice to get away from all the music and go go dancing.

The best nights to go are Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. They always seem to pack in all types of people, from all walks of life.

The beer i will admit is a little watery, but i go for the atmosphere and great times!

You will even get to meet Simmo the Urban Legand ( you'll understand when you meet him), and other crazies.

Dress Code: No sandles, no singlettes.

Jeans are OK and good shoes, nice shirt (to impress the ladies guys- take note ).

Its a pub but reasonable dress code does apply.

Good times had by all

• Cincinnati1313's Profile Photo

Carmilla's at Mega Bar: Melbourne by nightfall

by Cincinnati1313 Updated Apr 4, 2011

If it is nightlife that you are looking for then Melbourne is your town. There is a little bit of everything in Melbourne and the good transportation system allows you to reach every bit of it. For those into the Goth Scene Melbourne offers many clubs. Check out the International Goth club listing at
    for more into.
    Carmilla's is a good Goth Club with 2 floors. It only happens one day a week but it is packed with all sorts of goth kids from all over Melbourne. It goes till 5am so drink your caffeine.

Destroy Me Please!!!!!

Luna Park, Sydney: Wonderful amusement park

by hopang Updated Apr 13, 2010

Luna Park is the most famous amusement park in the heart of the city of Sydney. It is located at Milsons Point on the north shore of Sydney Harbour. The amusement park was founded in 1935 and is still operating today. The amusement park has between ten and twenty exciting rides for the whole family such as the popular roller coaster, the giant ferris wheel (as depicted in our photograph on the right), Tango Train, Rotor, Spider and Flying Saucer.

Entrance to Luna Park is free but visitors need to pay for the rides. It opens for business throughout the year. Operating hours depend on seasons, usually between 10.00 a.m. and 10.00 p.m. during the summer months. Treat yourself to fun and entertainment at Luna Park in the evening or at night when you visit Sydney on your vacation!

Luna Park
    • Theme Park Trips

Conrad Jupiter's Casino, Gold Coast: An elegant casino

by hopang Updated Apr 9, 2010

If you are very fond of gambling, you may pay a visit to Conrad Jupiter's Casino in the evening or at night at Hotel Conrad Jupiter when you are having your vacation at Surfers Paradise or Gold Coast. This casino is certainly one of the largest in the state of Queensland. It has more than 70 classic table games such as the popular Black Jack, Roulette, Baccarat and Poker. The casino also has more than 1,000 slot machines for your gambling pleasure to keep you occupied the entire night. It opens for business round the clock. You may e-mail to the following address for more information regarding the hotel and its casino:- jupitersgc@tabcorp.com.au

Dress Code: No proper dress code is required. However decent clothing is necessary.

Conrad Jupiter's Casino
    • Casino and Gambling

• maemae11's Profile Photo

Minus Five Ice Bar: Ice Bar

by maemae11 Written Jun 14, 2009

This bar is -5 degrees! Everything is made of ice: Sculptures, drinking cups, furniture. It is a lot of fun. We happened to go in with the funnest bunch of Aussies who were having a bachelor's party. We ended up heading to a club with them afterwards. I kept in touch with a couple of them via email for awhile afterwards. Nicest people ever!

Dress Code: Wear pants! You'll be thankful you did!

my awesome friends us with the bachelor's party from their website, I don't know these people...
    • Adventure Travel

Burswood Casino, Perth: Gambling session

by hopang Updated Feb 9, 2009

Burswood Casino is located at Burswood Entertainment Complex along the bank of Swan River in Perth. It is situated approximately five minute drive from the center of the city.

Burswood Entertainment Complex is home to two international luxury hotels, i.e. Hotel Inter-Continetal and Hotel Holiday Inn, seven restaurants, several bars, a nightclub and of course Burswood Casino. The Complex was officially opened in 1985 and attracts miliions of local and foreign tourists every year.

Burswood Casino (formerly Burswood Island Casino) has approximately 1,500 slot machines and many classic table games. It is the largest casino in Australia.

Dress Code: No proper dress code is required.

Burswood Entertainment Complex
    • Casino and Gambling

Sydney - city views: Sydney City Views at night

by filipdebont Written Sep 25, 2006

The second evening that I was staying in Sydney, I waited, and waited until it was dark (instead of going back to my hotel).

After my night shooting around Circular Quay, I returned to my Hotel in Macleay street - Potts Point.

Along the road (along Macquarie Street), I noticed some beautifully lightned buildings, so why not, time for some more night shots.

Dress Code: a sweater (for the chilly wind)

St Mary's Cathedral Hyde Barracks State Library of New South Wales

Sydney - Skyline: Sydney Skyline at night

by filipdebont Written Sep 25, 2006

But afterwards I was very happy when I did see the results of my night shots. It was really worth the waiting on the cold and windy quay.

After The Opera House and the Harbour Bridge, I turned around towards Sydneys skyline, this was surely worth some shots.

I hope you enjoy my night shots.

Dress Code: A sweater as it can be a bit chilly on the waterfront at night.

Sydney skyline at night Sydney skyline at night

Sydney - Harbour Bridge: Harbour Bridge at night

by filipdebont Written Sep 25, 2006

Besides the world famous Opera House, I also wanted some night shots of the Harbour Bridge. Of course it was without the fire works that we usely see at New Years Eve.

I hope you enjoy my night shots.

Dress Code: A sweater as it can be a bit chilly on the waterfront at night.

Harbour Bridge at night Harbour Bridge at night Harbour Bridge at night

Opera house - Sydney: Opera House at night

by filipdebont Written Sep 25, 2006

Of course my first goal of my planned night photography was the most famous building in Sydney : The Opera House.

I hope you enjoy my night shots.

Dress Code: A sweater as it can be a bit chilly on the waterfront at night

Opera House at night Opera House at night Opera House at night

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Beach sunsets in WA!!!

by aussirose Updated Aug 2, 2006

Sunsets on the beach with a glass of wine are heaven!!! This is just one of my favourite things to do here in Perth!!
    Perth is also friendly and laid-back and I can't wait to explore more of this huge State of Australia. Stay tuned!!!
    In the meantime, I'd like to introduce you to a place near where I live - Mullalloo and Hillarys Boat Harbour. If you are in my neck of the woods and would like me to show you around, just flick me an email and I'll see what I can arrange.

Mullalloo

Mullalloo
    • Photography
    • Beaches

• martin_nl's Profile Photo

Pub in Brunswick: Kitto live in Melbourne

by martin_nl Updated Sep 19, 2005

The night I was picked up by Paul and Kate (VT'er Kate-me) we went to have some dinner in the Italian section of Melbourne and afterwards went to the Cornish Arms pub in Brunswick for a concert by Kitto. She was a good performer. Her voice was really strong and so were the lyrics. Sometimes though her voice was a bit too strong/ low, but when she sang a bit higher it was just brilliant. If you want to know more take a look at her website.

This is a piece of the journal she keeps on her website from the day she did the concert we saw:

27/01/04

"Day Of Reckoning.. Well, Last friday I was in the car somewhere in Melbourne on the way to the gig at the Cornish Arms, when I happened to stop at the traffic lights at 5PM and turned into Triple J when they announced the premier of 'Catalina Dreaming'. My mobile was flat so could'nt call anyone... and overwhelmed, estatic, i wound down the car window, climbed out and screamed out to the surrounding vehicles "Turn on Triple jjjjj, It's meeeeeeee...." pointing to my K-tee shirt.. The guys behind and surrounding cars scrambled their stations tuning in and blaring loudly and the Cat Fest took place.. A top moment. K* "

Kitto live in concert

• TracyG's Profile Photo

Any camp...: The campfire!

by TracyG Updated Jun 14, 2005

When out camping somewhere, the best entertainment is around the camp fire... You can dress however you want, don't have to worry about paying for expensive drinks, no entrance fee, and you get the best view when you are looking up at the stars...

Sugareef Nightclub: Sugareef!

by TracyG Updated Jun 14, 2005

It is more of a bar than a club, but it has such a lively atmosphere, that you just have to have fun. It plays a good mix of house and conventional music and the drinks are reasonably priced too.

Dress Code: Smart/casual

• TracyG's Profile Photo

Cave nightclub: Very cool Sydney!

by TracyG Updated Jun 14, 2005

This is probably one of the coolest places in Sydney to hear soul/R&B/funk etc. It is very trendy, and has a great dance floor (plenty of space) and the people are excellent. Drinks aren't cheap though...

Dress Code: Pretty strict, no trainers, caps etc.

Cave

250 Reviews - 567 Photos
Broome Hotels
187 Reviews - 425 Photos

Instant Answers: Australia

Comments

Australia Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Australia nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Australia sightseeing.
Map of Australia