Alice Springs Restaurants

Overlanders Interior

Most Recent Restaurants in Alice Springs

• Red Ochre Grill: Best restaurant in Alice Springs

by grkboiler Written Nov 20, 2003

After searching for a decent restaurant in Alice Springs, I decided on trying the Red Ochre Grill. This turned out to be a great choice.

The cuisine is a modern Australian style, using native foods and spices from Australia. There were some very creative dishes.

The staff was very friendly and could easily explain the items on the menu.

Favorite Dish: There are plenty of dishes I would like to have tried, but since I was in Australia, I had wallaby. I liked it. I think the best part of the food were the native spices and seasonings.

Other dishes on the menu include kangaroo, emu, crocodile, camel, and yes, beef and chicken. A wide range of wine and beer is offered. The desserts also looked very good.

• Paulie_D's Profile Photo

Camp Oven Kitchen? (see below): Outback / Cattle Station Cooking

by Paulie_D Updated Jul 20, 2003

Damper Bread

As part of an organised tour, we were offered this as an extra excursion and I don't recall the cost but whatever I paid (and I don't think it was much) it was well worth it.

An taste of outback life complete with camp oven cooking, homestead recipes and a bush balladeer. The secluded camp site is surrounded by natural bushland with an exclusive lookout along the spectacular East MacDonnell Ranges and over the Undoolya Valley. We were entertained with poetry, songs and Australian yarns

Dinner was in the (allegedly) “true” outback style beneath a canopy of stars, of traditional Australian food. A 4 course meal including soup and freshly baked damper (a kind of bread), roasted Central Australian Beef and vegetables. For dessert golden syrup dumplings with cream and Ice-cream, followed by Billy Tea. All of these were cooked in front of us on the open fire using hot coals and camp ovens.

After eating we walked a few yards away from the campsite and the lights were turned down so that we could really see the stars and galaxies of the southern sky while standing illuminated by the starlight of an outback night sky.

Believe me, for a suburbanite like me, it was amazing. I’ve never seen so many stars.

We were shown some of the constellation by a resident astronomer who really seem to know his stuff.

Favorite Dish: Frankly, the food, although tasty enough was nothing special, but the experience was fantastic especially the astronomy 'tutorial' after dinner.

• stevemt's Profile Photo

Bojangles Saloon: Great atmosphere and food

by stevemt Updated Aug 24, 2010

Great place to eat and drink. Food is local but good.

They also live stream to the web with cams.

Favorite Dish: Camel and stout pie

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo

Bojangles: Eat your way through the Outback Fauna

by AKtravelers Written May 29, 2007

Doesn't he look delicious?

Bojangles is the restaurant where I ordered (and ate) what was called the Outback Mixed Grill -- camel, kangaroo, crocodile and water buffalo.

Instant Answers: Alice Springs

Comments

Alice Springs Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Alice Springs restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Alice Springs sightseeing.

View all Alice Springs hotels