Batchelor Warnings and Dangers

• Warnings and Dangers
    by sirgaw
  • I ALWAYS CARRY SMALL AND ESSENTIAL TOILETRIES
    I ALWAYS CARRY SMALL AND ESSENTIAL...
    by DennyP
    DIGITAL CAMERA CHARGER AND SPARE CARD
    by DennyP

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Batchelor

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

Lock your car

by sirgaw Written Aug 11, 2012

Although the sign above was photoed at Litchfield National Park, the warning is relevant for all other area of Northern Territory and Australia.

It would be so easy for a thief to sit in his or her car pretending to be map reading, napping or whatever and is actually watching you and if you lock your car. He or she would be well versed in locking procedures. While you and your family go happily to see the park and its many attractions, Mr or M/s Thief will get busy in the full knowledge that you may be gone for an hour or more.

Please take care and remember to lock before you leave.

• National/State Park

• DennyP's Profile Photo

I ALWAYS CARRY THESE NECCESITIES

by DennyP Updated Oct 8, 2011
    A GOOD RELIABLE MOSQUITO  AND INSECT REPELLANT

When travelling in the tropics and excessively hot area I ALWAYS carry these essential items.. not many but they are ALL handy when needed..
    Firstly I carry a small backpack that carries my Digital camera gear (out of sight).
    I make sure that I have more than ENOUGH FRESH WATER for my journey for the day.
    A good reliable Insect and Mosquito Repellant AND I USE IT...Dengue fever is here in the north
    A Good pair of comfortable shoes/boots as I walk a lot when in these areas.
    A good hat for sun protection as the sun here can be relentless
    A reliable pair of sunglasses
    A good strong sunscreen and a small tube of Lip balm.
    A small packet of Wet ones..mainly for the heat and also cleaning for small injuries
    Two bandaid strips.
    A small packet of tissues in case I have to go.
    A tube of moisturiser
    A small compact torch..and a packet of waterproof matches
    A small Poncho that covers myself and my back/pack in case of heavy tropical rain
    Also a spare digital card and fully charged camera batteries

A GOOD TIP IS TO BUY YOUR BOTTLED WATER AT THE SUPER MARKET AND PUT IT IN THE HOSTEL FRIDGE O/NIGHT ALSO CHARGE ALL BATTERIES. ie: CAMERA, TORCH, ETC.

• Photography
    • National/State Park
    • Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Batchelor

Comments

Batchelor Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Batchelor warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Batchelor sightseeing.