Katherine Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Katherine

• cafank's Profile Photo

Mimi Aboriginal Arts and Crafts: Real Aboriginal Artifacts

by cafank Written Jan 26, 2010

The Mimi Gallery is an Aboriginal owned artists cooperative so what you get here is truly local and reflects local knowedge and experience.

Artists are often at the galllery working so you can get to talk to locals about their homeland and art.

The gallery was set up to help local aboriginal people, you will only find original pieces here (no Made in China pieces which you can find in Katherine & Darwin tourist shops) and you will be supporting local culture when you buy here.

What to buy: Aboriginal art, sculpture, wood-ware, beads, baskets, string bags

• Adventure Travel

• aussirose's Profile Photo

NT rare rock shop

by aussirose Updated Nov 21, 2009

Katherine NT Rare Rocks

I used to have a rock collection many moons ago. I was hoping to do some gem fossiking on our journey across the top end of Australia.

So far, I had only visited one gem shop at Mataranka. Sadly I didn't get to do any gem fossiking in Queensland around the Georgetown area.

Anyway we left the river and headed back into town the long way .....Zig was showing us the loop that many tourists miss. Well this Gem Shop sign sprang up and I wanted to check it out!! So....screech of brakes and a slight backtrack.... and we drove the short entry way to the NT rare rock shop.

Well, unfortunately my luck was still down....and the NT rare rock shop was closed!....boohoo! :o(

But they had some neat huge rocks and gems outside and I could see many more inside by peaking through the glass door and windows..... Check out the huge rose coloured quartz pix in my travelogue!!! :o)

• aussirose's Profile Photo

by aussirose Updated Nov 21, 2009

Katherine Shopping Centre

This sign made me laugh :o)

Target 'Country' indeed?..... WTF has 'Country' got to do with Target?.... lol

Target in Aussieland is just Target..... a typical department store :o) ....Has Katherine claimed the right to be Target Country?..... Personally, I dunno....and I don't really care..... it was just funny at the time.... haha. :o)

Anyway, having said this and now I've got it off my chest haha.... Katherine shopping centre has it all. ...including a nice cafe that we had a cheap lunch in. If I wanted to pick up some picnic & bbq stuff to take down to the river....then I would come here.

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Katherine

Comments

Katherine Shopping

Reviews and photos of Katherine shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Katherine sightseeing.