Katherine Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Katherine

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

by AlbuqRay Updated Aug 23, 2012
    Katherine Greyhound Bus Station

When Zig (1+1) and I went from the Visitor Information Center to the Low Level Nature Park on 26 Aug 2010, we passed the Katherine Transit Center and I took a couple of pictures. It is where the Greyhound bus stops and fuels up. On my way down to Alice Springs on 5 Aug 2010, this is where Nitmiluk Tours refused to pick me up when the bus arrived late (40 minutes after my scheduled pick up time). When we arrived in the evening on the 5th, the bus parked on the back side of the Transit Center and unloaded passengers. It then pulled around front to fuel up and then returned to the back to load passengers. In these daytime pictures, the bus seems to have stopped in the front. Although the Transit Center was closed when we arrived at 17:40, we did walk around to the Souvenir Shop (which was open) to get something to eat.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Darwin International Airport (DRW)

by ATXtraveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

Katherine is located 320km southeast of Darwin, but this is probably the most logical place to fly into when visiting.

Darwin International Airport (DRW) is probably the smallest of Australia's International Airports. It is however a nice little place for a layover believe it or not.

I prefer to fly with oneWorld Carriers (AA, British Airways, Qantas, Cathay), so I had the privledge of checking out the Qantas Club lounge while waiting for a 1am! flight back to Sydney!

If you do not have status on the OW airlines, then I would wait until the last possible second to enter the Darwin Airport as there really is not much else to the place. You walk through security and are immediately at your gate, which is nice, but also tedious for longer amounts of time. There are a couple little places to eat, but as you can imagine, no grandeous fine dining locations or gift shops here.

Instant Answers: Katherine

Comments

Katherine Transportation

Reviews and photos of Katherine transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Katherine sightseeing.