Pine Creek Shopping

Best Rated Shopping in Pine Creek

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

Ah Toy's Store: - almost the only place in town

by sirgaw Written Aug 2, 2012

Ah Toy's is a time warp from its birth in 1935 and I would suspect it has not been re-modelled since. No doubt its founder was a Mr Ah Toy, who, like many others, had travelled to remote outback Australia Pine Creek seeking his fortune in gold. Probably he had seen there was a more reliable source of income to be had in supplying the basic needs of the fledgling towns population. And so the store is one of only 2 or 3 retail establishments where at least something can be purchased.

I had been attracted by the sign - Mrs Macs Pies and hoped for filled bread rolls as a peace offering for Lady Gaw (see tourist traps to see why).

My all but 30 second entry into the store was interupted by a frantic Lady Gaw hitching up her pants and making COME HERE NOW type gestures - SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) had called and I was duty bound to obey.

I would have liked to have returned to the establishment to see what was really on offer other than freshly microwaved Mrs Macs pies, but it was not to be - sigh!!!!!

• sirgaw's Profile Photo

Juliel's Shed: - we think its a book shop

by sirgaw Written Aug 2, 2012

I really don't know if this business is still in operation or not, but I was intreagued by the sign writing and the invitation, "IF NOT OPEN JUST YELL." In many parts of the world yelling can get the yeller into trouble with the local authorities and the population in general - and I didn't want to give a donation to the 'yell police'. Also yelling does cause dogs to growl, snap and snarl and I really didnt want to become part of a dogs diet for that day.

I also happened to notice that there is an apostrophe in the name of the business 'Juliel's Shed', well I think its an apostrophe as it also could be an accidently placed bit of bird poo. Again the mystery deepens.

Talking of mysteries, I wonder if they have a copy of 'Murder on The Ghan Express' as I'm looking for a candidate to kill after our reason for the stop in our journey at thriving (??) Pine Creek (read 'Pi**ed Off Sir and Lady Gaw' a tourist trap).

Instant Answers: Pine Creek

Comments

Pine Creek Shopping

Reviews and photos of Pine Creek shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Pine Creek sightseeing.