Tennant Creek Hotels
This hotel is nothing special but is a comfortable stay if youve been camping out or staying at...more
Paterson Street, Tennant Creek, NT, 860, au
Good for: Business
Leichhardt St, Tennant Creek, 860, Australia
Good for: Solo
1 Paterson St Tennant Creek, Nt 0861 Australia, Te
Tennant Creek Restaurants
The Chef's Specialties at Fernanda's Bar and Restaurant sounded delicious but I cannot really say since we did not stay to eat. Fernanda's gets good reviews on Trip Advisor, although I have to wonder a bit about the one that says it is reasonably priced. I'll list a few (7 of 14) dinner items from the sign in the lobby and let you decide.
* Garlic Prawns - Tiger prawns cooked in a garlic cream sauce; served with pilaf steamed rice (30 AUD).
* Portuguese Seafood Hot Pot - Assorted fish and shellfish sizzled in a stew style, with diced tomatoes, Napolitano sauce, fresh basil oregano, garlic and chilli to taste; served with rice and fresh bread (34 AUD).
* Moroccan Kangaroo - Escalope of kangaroo fillet, charred to perfection, served over grilled Mediterranean vegetables and kipfler potatoes slow oven roasted with confit garlic and rosemary, drizzled in cranberry, mint glaze and a balsamic reduction (28 AUD) -- I would pick this one!
* Beef n Reef - 350 g Scotch fillet cooked to perfection, served on roasted kipfler potatoes, seasonal veggies, topped with prawn cutlets infused through a herbed lemon garlic creme sauce (37 AUD).
* Spanish Paella De Marisco - Assorted fish, shellfish and chicken, cooked in a paella pot, over flames with diced tomatoes, peas, peppers, garlic, fresh basil, oregano, chilli to taste and saffron rice (40 AUD).
* Portuguese Charcoal Chicken - Marinated in Chef's secret recipe, garlic, chilli and butter; served with pilaf of rice, chips and tossed garden salad (30 AUD).
* Lamb Musaman Curry - Mild and fragrant, consists of peanuts, tamarind, palm sugar, garnished with freshly chopped chillis and shaved coconut; served with fragrant saffron rice and pappadams (25 AUD).Related to:
- Road Trip
Tennant Creek Off The Beaten Path
The Devils Marbles Conservation Reserve is approximately 104 kilometres, 65 miles south of Tennant Creek. An amazing place of geographical interest, the aboriginals believed this to be the eggs of the mythological Rainbow serpent. And others believe it to be a site made by something much more extraterrestrial - the work of UFO's. Whichever you believe, these rocks are a pretty cool site to see and one of the well known tourist sites of the NT. Geographically formed due to the movement of plates and thousands of years of erosion, the marbles will always be surrounded by myth and mystery... or are these beliefs in alien life forms seriously a suggestion that someone has just "lost their marbles"?Related to:
- National/State Park
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- HostelBookers.com No Booking Fee. Book Online Now Great Prices & User Reviews
- Low rate guaranteed!
- Otel.com No booking or cancellation fees! Book with otel.com & get 5% bonus