Ballina Restaurants

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

The Point Ballina: Riverside restaurant

by colin_bramso Updated Sep 10, 2011
    Beautiful riverside setting

On the ground floor of the Ramada Ballina hotel overlooking the river. You can eat inside or outside on the deck right on the river bank.

A bar and restaurant for relaxed drinks and dining with a good selection of international dishes on the menu and a good wine list.

Favorite Dish: I had New York steak with fries & salad and Geina had Thai Green Chicken Curry with jasmine rice. Both were excellent.

Bluesfest Food: Great food choices at Bluesfest

by lindyz Written May 16, 2011
    Organic Donuts, yummy & huge!

I was rather amazed that at Byron Bay Bluesfest, once inside, you have soooo many choices for food, and they were not too badly priced either. They have the monopoly, once you are inside, unless you bring your own food, then they can really charge you whatever they like, and pretty much get away with it. Frank and I didnt eat a whole lot on the day actually, and neither of us drank any alcohol either, which is probably even more amazing!!! We took some snacks in with us, chips and lollies. We both bought a corn on the cob, I bought some hot chips and chicken chippees and I had the most amazing donut I have ever tasted in my whole life from the Organic Donut stand!!!!!!!!!! I went back at the end of the night to buy another one, but the lineup was about 100 long, so I did not :(

All up the food we bought on the day at Bluesfest cost just under $20, which I thought was brilliant. Donuts were $4 I think, Corn cobs also $4 and about $6 for the chips and chicken chippees.

Popeyes Take Away: Best value Fish 'n' Chips

by lindyz Updated May 16, 2011

We felt like fish 'n' chips on Tuesday lunch and this seemed to be the only place open! While the food was much dearer than we are used to paying (and much smaller pieces of fish cocktails) it was delicious. We ordered 2 of the Fish and Chips pack, 4 potato scallops and a cappucino and the cost was $19.40.

Prices :- Chicko Roll $3 (only $2 here), Fish pieces $1.20 each (only about 60c here), Plain Burger $7 (only about $5 here)

Popeyes cook to order and phone orders are welcome. They are open 6 days from 12pm till 9pm. They are closed on Wednesday except for school and public holidays.

Thai by Night Restaurant: Delicious Thai

by lindyz Written May 16, 2011
    Me at Thai by Night

Being the Easter long weekend, it didnt seem that a lot was open in the way of shops and restaurants in Ballina. Having just arrived, settled into our Motel, we drove to find somewhere nice for dinner. This place was open and had several people in there, so thats always a good sign!

Not extremely tastefully decorated, but the food seemed reasonably priced and looked delicious. I ordered Pad Thai with chicken and I think Frank had pork with rice noodles. We also had chicken satay skewers for entree and with corkage I think the bill came to about $50 which we thought was reasonable.

Thai by Night is open 7 days from 5.00pm till late. It is BYO and also states on its menu that they charge a 10% surcharge on public holidays but they did not charge it when we were there. All dishes can be cooked hot, medium or mild. Thai by Night is Eat in or Take away and there were a lot of people getting take away when we were there.

Entrees start from $6.90 up to $15.90 and Mains start from $14.90 up to about $24.90.

• colin_bramso's Profile Photo

Evolution: Perfect for your morning coffee

by colin_bramso Written Mar 30, 2009

Right next to the Ramada hotel and a few metres from the river, this is the place for your morning caffeine hit. I'm very fussy about my coffee - I drink it black with no sugar so the quality of the coffee and how it's made is important. Evolution serves beautifully made good quality coffee in a relaxed convenient location.

• Colzy's Profile Photo

Shelley's on the Beach: Coffee, cake and srumptious nibblies by the sea

by Colzy Updated Nov 9, 2005

Can you glimpse the ocean?

This is probably the best place to eat in Ballina. It overlooks Shelley Beach which is the main beach in Ballina. You have a fantastic view of the ocean and the rock pools and sipping your coffee to the sound of the waves rolling in is unbeatable. It is not a restaurant but more a cafe style venue with the cake cabinet always tempting you whether you are hungry or not. They also have a variety of light meals like salads, fish and chips and the like but with a bit of flair about it. I have been to Shelley's many times and have never ever walked away even vaguely dissatisfied with my meal or the service there.

Favorite Dish: The coconut and banana cheescake washed down with a cappuciono is a complete delight

• Beaches

• unravelau's Profile Photo

The Dolphin Cafe Bangalow: Wait! It's worth it.

by unravelau Written Nov 5, 2005

Early morning and breakfast cafes seem to be more the norm now-days up and down the east coast. You can have your choice of indoors or on the wide pavement with shelter provided -- you might have to wait for a table, which means in my book that they are popular. The cafe is situated just across the road from the foreshores (of the river) park and you might have to park around the corner and down the street (as I did), but within easy walking distance.

Once seated (we decided on the pavement - open air) we were left to select from the menu. The view of the river was lovely and we were carried away by the flock of pelicans in the water and a variety of parrots that hopped from tree to tree. Better than any cd.

Favorite Dish: I have found that these breakfast places offer an amazing variety of unusual brekkies........this place is no exception. I can be boringly simple though and chose the foccacia with bacon and eggs. Ymmy.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Ballina

Comments

Ballina Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ballina restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ballina sightseeing.