Bathurst Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Bathurst

Cobblestone Lane: elegant dining

by wise23girl Updated Aug 28, 2014

This is a very elegant restaurant serving modern Australian cuisine. From the outside the appearance is very understated as you will see from my photo.
    But I have a confession to make...I thought this is too nice an evening to spoil with photos.... I will come back tomorrow and guess what....the only photos I could take the next day were the reflection in the glass and the stately historic sandstone building where Cobblestone Lane hides from across the road.

So no food photos...no photos of me and the others in our more dressy attire...just asking you to take my word for it that should not miss this restaurant.

And there is a well in the centre...covered so you wont fall in and drown ...but a well none the less...how is that for a bit of history.

Now for a pre dinner drink we visited the newly opened Webb bar ....same owners maybe ...in the same complex....and there was not one person older than us there! howzat?

A little bit of history "

Cobblestonelane is situated in George Street overlooking the picturesque Machattie Park in Bathurst, NSW, approximately two and a half hours drive west from Sydney
    .Built in 1863, the dining room boasts a history and charm of the former Webb & Co. department store and a warm, elegant and contemporary atmosphere.
    Open for lunch and dinner Tuesday to Saturday, your host Heath Smith emphasises fresh produce from the local region matched with impressive local, national and imported wines"

Favorite Dish: Everything was delicious so choose your favourite......

from across the road all reflection Webb&Co

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Piccolos on William: a meeting place

by wise23girl Written Aug 28, 2014

Great place to meet with indoor and outside seating. One of the locals told me he was here every day fir his coffee fix. We would have most certainly returned if time permitted but we had other coffee shops to try....so the next coffee sampling was at a little nearby town called Millthorpe.

So much coffee and so little time.

Favorite Dish: We just loved the coffee and cakes on offer and were tempted to try something sweet. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. We found a booth to seat ourselves....nice and cosy....not an outside day.

Elie's: an award winner

by wise23girl Written Aug 28, 2014

We loved this eating place located right in the heart of Bathurst as soon as we walked in the door and on our first morning fronted up for an absolutely delicious breakfast ....and we returned on our second morning as well.
    There is a great selection of food and the coffee is tops.....we were warm as toast sitting by the heater.
    David was able to order bake beans...probably his favourite so was very happy.

I think the best thing is to look at the menu and choose your favourite dish. I know you will enjoy.
    Prices are affordable and well worth it.

There is also a restaurant upstairs where you can dine in the evening...next time we will be having a meal there as well.

• joseanes's Profile Photo

LampLighters Restaurant: Elegant yet Sensibly Priced

by joseanes Written Dec 22, 2005

Elegant decor, very amiable staff. Good variety of dishes, all of good quality. If you need to do a business lunch/dinner in Bathurst you will not be dissapointed.

Favorite Dish: The filet mignon. However I skipped the blue cheese sauce. I like my steak naked.

Instant Answers: Bathurst

Comments

Bathurst Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bathurst restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bathurst sightseeing.