Bellingen Restaurants

Entrance to the old Butter Factory.
    by unravelau
    The Old Butter Factory
    by unravelau

Most Recent Restaurants in Bellingen

• unravelau's Profile Photo

The Old Butter Factory.: The Old Butter Factory boasts food and craft.

by unravelau Updated Apr 4, 2011

Entrance to the old Butter Factory.

Well, I have only dined here once and I had the most wonderful devonshire tea..........i.e. scones jam and cream for the unfamiliar...........I had coffee with it though when people mostly choose tea as the beverage.

Update. January long weekend (3rd). My old Bellingen friends and I decided to get together for lunch to-day. The old Butter Factory was the only place open so we duly settled in along with about 50 other visitors to the town. My only other experience here was with scones jam and cream so imagine my absolute delight when the menu matched any restaurants that I have had occasion to visit recently. I chose a warm salad with pumpkin, macadamia nut and chicken with a very interesting mustard sauce drizzled over the top. Absolutely yummy. I also had a fresh juice of carrot, celery with a dash of parsley and finished the meal with a capuccino made from beans grown in the maclean. The whole thing was wonderful. The coffee was so nice, I bought some grounds to use in my expresso machine.

The company was marvelous too and we did a little browse around the little craft shops attached to the place. All in all a wonderful day.

My daughter and I browsed all of the interesting rooms and buildings where every manner of craft was available for purchace as well as a very interesting museum (of sorts) kept us occupied for a long time.

Favorite Dish: Devonshire tea fitted the bill and the warm pumpkin and macadamia chicken salad more than satisfied my hunger on this latest occasion.

• Museum Visits

• unravelau's Profile Photo

'AVE': Unbelievably great.

by unravelau Updated Apr 6, 2010

Thoroughly interesting and unusual church (and grounds) conversion. The front building is given over to top of the range restaurant equipment while the open air side accommodates a few tables that spill into the old church and more tables. There are a couple of long ones to cater for larger parties but we four were happy outside at a square timber table with comfortable cane seating.

Their kitchen was open i.e. you can see what and how your food is prepared.....interesting and different.

Favorite Dish: I chose a chicken dish and it is called Chicken Breast with Parmesan Polenta. It was breast of chicken (Maryland cut) with spinach, polenta, cherry tomato and a few herbs. The sauce was heavenly .....I have never tasted anything so wonderful. The food was beautifully presented and it all tasted fantastic.

Instant Answers: Bellingen

Comments

Bellingen Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bellingen restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bellingen sightseeing.