Bondi Beach Restaurants

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Il Puntino: Bondi's Italian Cafe on Campbell

by ATXtraveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

Sarah at Il Puntino

On our first trip to Bondi, we arrived in on the city bus. Since we had been travelling quite a long time by bus and ferry, we were hungry and in need of a restroom. Il Puntino was one of our first options, and while some of the more traditional Australian options were open, they were all serving breakfast still, and we were in a lunch mood. Il Puntino had a very nice Italian guy hawking his menu in front of the building, so his hard work paid off and we jumped to the table he provided.

The food was good, but not memorable, however it truly is LOCATION. Sarah had a beautiful beach view, and I had a great view of the passing crowd. Both were one of a kind!

Favorite Dish: My four cheese pizza was decent, Sarah's vegetable fettucini was good... but the cheesy garlic bread appetizer was wonderful.

• ...: Eating at Bondi Beach

by grkboiler Updated Apr 4, 2011

You shouldn't have trouble finding a place to eat at Bondi Beach. The street is lined with all kinds of places, from fish and chips to cafes to Italian, Japanese, and more upscale places.

The website below lists some restaurants.

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Deli Bottega: Quickly our favorite local

by Callavetta Written Jul 2, 2010

Deli Bottega was just steps from our apartment. This little restaurant has indoor and outdoor dining and even though it was winter, we couldn't resist sitting outside by the warm and toasty heater and cozy blankets provided by the waiter.

On our first visit Beverly had the Tuesday Special; mussels and wine, while I opted for the soup of the day (a creamy pumpkin) and the cannaloni pasta. We had a great bottle of Tempranillo and rolled home to our apartment full and happy.

One of the highlights of Deli Bottega has to be the staff. Good looking, helpful, friendly and accommodating, I have to think that's why they have such a steady clientel of young attractive women!

Favorite Dish: On our second visit I couldn't pass up the pasta again and Beverly had the lamb. Again, it was great, service excellent and we left happy campers. I wish it was just steps away from my home in California!

• Callavetta's Profile Photo

Bondi Blue: Great Greek Brunch on the Beach

by Callavetta Written Jul 2, 2010
    Eggs Benedict and Frappe

Our last morning as locals at the beach we met a work colleague for breakfast at Bondi Blue. It's a Greek cafe that does a great breakfast. I really enjoyed my eggs benedict and Greek frappe. You can't beat the view and even on an Australia winter morning we enjoyed the al fresco brunch.

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo

Mill Hill Hotel: Beer and pub food at Bondi

by SWFC_Fan Written Aug 23, 2006

Mill Hill Hotel, Bondi Junction

I stopped off for a beer at Mill Hill Hotel during my visit to Bondi in April 2006.

This large restaurant/bar is located on the corner of Oxford Street and Bondi Road, about 15-20 minutes walk from the beach and just a few minutes walk from Bondi Junction train station.

I had spent the morning and early afternoon at Bronte and Bondi beaches and was returning to Bondi Junction train station to catch a train back to Sydney when I spotted this restaurant.

I intended to have a pub meal there, but lunch is only served until 2pm and dinner is only served after 5pm. Typically, it was 3pm when I arrived - so no food was available.

The interior consists of two bar areas and a large dining area. At the time of my visit, one of the bars was packed with people watching a live Rugby League game on large screen TVs, so I sat at one of the tables in the almost empty (and far less smoke-filled) dining area.

I would have liked to have sat down to a traditional pub meal of fish and chips, or roast beef, or maybe a meat and potato pie - but at that time of day I had to settle for a schooner of Carlton Draught beer (Cost: 3.60 AUD).

Pub food, beer and live sport in a large bar/restaurant near Bondi Junction train station.

• cybergenic's Profile Photo

Lamrock Cafe: Disappointing

by cybergenic Updated Mar 3, 2005

even the rats are scared

Bad food
    Rude staff
    Overpriced
    and really crap food.

Yet another hole in the wall trying to be a trendy cafe.

Places like this exist to rip off tourists as they know locals will never return to eat their food.

Favorite Dish: The "lightly" fried calamari was covered in a heavy coat of re-fried batter and was served in a bowl with about an inch of oil in the bottom.

• Business Travel
    • Gay and Lesbian

• swings's Profile Photo

Brabo Belgian Restaurant: Great Mussel Pot!

by swings Written Oct 30, 2004

Brabo in Bondi

It's not the atmosphere that is different, particularly since we were seated out on the sidewalk. But the beer comes in schooners with the name of the brewery on it, as well as one of those little paper thingies around the stem.... also named for the brewery. And there are a lot of Belgian beers offered here! Check out the extensive list on the back of the menu... or is it the front? ;)

Favorite Dish: Try the mussel pot... there are several types offered here, and they will come in a big pot with a deep lid that flips over to become a waste receptacle for your shells. The trick is to use one of the springy shells as grippers to pull the mussel out of its shell and to pop it into your mouth. And when you get to the bottom of the pot, there's all that yummy, rich and salty broth with chopped veggies to spoon into your mouth.

Our lunch-time mussel pot was on sale for $13 with chips and mayo and made for a tad lighter meal than fish and chips.

Check the website given which is a recent review for this new restaurant (you might be required to register as a member of the Sydney Morning Herald to get access to the article).

• Beer Tasting
    • School Holidays

• AnnikaW's Profile Photo

Hotel Bondi: Kangaroo steak anyone?!

by AnnikaW Written Sep 21, 2002

The food is good, but as everything in Bondi Beach, it is more expensive just because it's a tourist area.

The place is maybe more popular as a club and pub than a restaurant.

Favorite Dish: They have some excellent steak!
    I have seen they have Kangaroo steak on the menu, but I haven't tasted it!

Instant Answers: Bondi Beach

Comments

Bondi Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bondi Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bondi Beach sightseeing.