Coffs Harbour Restaurants

by unravelau

Most Recent Restaurants in Coffs Harbour

Chopsticks: Terrific Chinese Take Away Tucker

by unravelau Written Jul 20, 2007

Chopsticks just quietly and quickly goes about its business of feeding the hungry hoards in Park Beach. Situated on Park Beach Road within the Northside Shopping Centre, it offers a great range of traditional Chinese dishes to take away. You could sit within the shop or share the tables outside but I mostly just take my dish/es home.

Favorite Dish: There are a number of dishes that I really enjoy but I am sure that they are all as tasty as my favourites.......I will work my way through the menu eventually.

• Business Travel

Now called The Carvery aka(The Leaf and Beef ): Iced coffee with the real deal

by unravelau Updated Jul 18, 2007

The Leaf and Beef is another of the quick food outlets at Park Beach Plaza with an extra bit of pizzazz.....well yes, they do have piece of pizza too.

If you are feeling like a baked meal yet not end up full to overflowing, the Leaf and Beef is the place to go for lunch. You can choose from a large range of ready to go foods and they also offer some nice cakes and biscuits too.

I really enjoy their iced coffee because unlike most fast food places, they use the expresso coffee previously made and chilled. The essence iced coffee is a little too sweet for my taste, so this fits the bill very nicely.

No matter what you would feel like to eat for lunch the PBP Food Court has everything just about.

Favorite Dish: My favourite is their roast lunch either pork, lamb or beef.....just enough for lunch.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Coffs Harbour Fishermen's Co-operative: Freshest Fish & Chips

by Mikebb Updated Feb 28, 2007

Great Lunch at Fishermen's Co-operative

This is the place to go if you want fresh seafood caught from local waters. A large variety of fresh fish, prawns, lobster and crab is available to have served to you on the verandah, or you may purchase fresh to take home and cook. We arrived at midday for lunch and had a large serve of fish and chips with salad, a most enjoyable lunch with a view of the harbour. This is not an upmarket affair, but most enjoyable. You can bring your own beer and wine.
    Meals are served early evening, I suggest you phone to check they are open.

Favorite Dish: Local fish and chips.

• Seniors

Fiasco: No Fiasco at Fiasco

by unravelau Written Nov 28, 2006

Fiasco has a lovely decor, interesting arrangement for indoor and alfresco dining and a comprehensive, legitimate menu full of the usual and unusual Italian cousine. Pleasant and efficient staff see to your every need. The ristorante has a wonderful ambience and it gets helped along by (usually) wonderful latin music in the background. It reminded me immediately of Italy because of the tiled floors.... all in all a great experience. Want a little more parsley or basilica....just watch the chef wander into the garden and pick it.....ooooooha.

Favorite Dish: I started by having take away coffee because of the greeting that I used to get when the drinks person here worked elsewhere. I have not been disappointed by my coffees or the wonderful service provided by this special drinks person.

A group of friends then decided to visit Fiasco for breakfast which is only offered on the weekends.
    A taste sensation for something that doesn't usually happen in Italy I know (big Ozzie brecky I mean)....but a very wonderful Italian style ozzie brecky complete with marinated mushrooms, prosciutto, eggs, chunky toast, revitalised sundried tomatoes...the list goes on.....

I have since had a mid-day meal with a friend where I tried their premade pizza.......excellente with a green salad and fantastic salad dressing.

• School Holidays

Coffs Harbour Surf Club Cafe: The food with a view

by unravelau Written Nov 28, 2006

Coffs Harbour Surf Club Cafe

The restaurant is new and large by any standards. They only recently opened, in fact when I was there they were in their first week of operations. Fresh and clean comes to mind when describing the dining area and the sea side atmosphere is accentuated by the blue and white decor.

The waiting staff were very attentive and polite.

The most outstanding thing about the ambience would have to be the wonderful way that the outside is encouraged in by huge windows around three sides showing off the beautiful pacific ocean. So you can eat on the beach without either getting wet or sandy...

Favorite Dish: My friend and I both chose the chicken burger with salad for a great lunchtime treat. Very tasty, of ample proportions, nicely arranged and served promptly.

I am sure that in no time at all this place will be bursting at the seams.

• School Holidays

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Bey Kebabs at the Plaza: Kebab, crepe or spud - you can't go past....

by unravelau Updated Oct 10, 2006

Bey Kebab shop in the food court Park Beach Plaza

I have now tasted and loved all three items on the menu at this great little fast but healthy hot food shop. Bey Kebabs is a very popular place for lunch at Park Beach Plaza. The food is fantastic and the service is excellent all due to the happy owner (Dave) and his cheerful staff.

Favorite Dish: My favourite thing for lunch at the moment is a chicken spud. As the name would suggest it starts with a potato into which all kinds of goodies flow. The chicken spud is just one of a few choices on the spud menu. For A$7 you get the large potato with butter or garlic butter, corn, avocado, salad and sour cream and your choice of sauce. Super yummy.

• Theme Park Trips

Northside Pizzas and Pasta: Northside Pizzas fill the bill when you are hungry

by unravelau Updated Apr 7, 2006

Half gone.

Pizzas and other Italian food are a favourite of mine and therefore I have my favourite place for buying them........when I'm not cooking them myself that is.

A very friendly couple (John and Elaine) who came from Melbourne originally, own and run this great little shop with the help of a couple of offsiders. I tend to buy the same thing every time I go and thoroughly enjoy my choice. If you fancy it, a variety of pastas are available too with garlic bread and drinks to round it off.

A comparitively new addition to the menu are the filled potatoes...........I haven't tried one yet, but they certainly look wonderful. UPDATE.........yummy. My brother and sister in law visited Coffs on Thursday and bought pizza and filled potatoes to bring to my place for our evening meal. We were all suitably impressed.........but then you know how I feel about the pizza.......the filled potato can go on my list too.

There are quite a variety of pizzas too and some are cooked in their special wood oven.

Favorite Dish: I have a capricosa with anchovies and wait for it............pineapple. Ymmmmmy.

• globetrotter06's Profile Photo

The Wall of China: Jelly vegetables in blood red sauce

by globetrotter06 Written Mar 9, 2006

I had expected something better from this resturant. However, I will never again order plum sauce... A jelly sauce with the blood red colour... and vegetables "fresh", jelly as well from the can... No, I won't recommend this.

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Sheerwater Restaurant: Sit on the deck and watch the fish swimming

by unravelau Updated Dec 29, 2005

My view while eating lunch

Potterist and myself had occasion to share a mid-day meal with some friends on Friday. The suggested venue was The Sheerwater Restaurant at the Promenade Centre High Street, Coffs Harbour. Previously I had only had a coffee there (some years ago now) and I hadn't returned, until now. It had been a cold morning so I was more than happy to sit in the sun on the deck........... a little while later I was more than happy to have the canvas shades lowered sufficiently to shield from the sun but still open enough to enjoy the view.

You should see the fish here.........bream and mullet...schools as thick as those fish I saw at Sperlonga's Tiberius Cave's fishery.........just amazing. While I was getting the camera out, along came a pelican and a host of seagulls...........ah well I am a happy vegemite........it wont matter about the food at all if I have this magnificent view to enjoy.......and I am warm.

Favorite Dish: I thought to have the deep sea salmon with asparagus as my friends had decided on, but at the last minute I chose the fillet steak chargrilled on a bed of asparagus, a special sauce and sliced beetroot......absolutely yummy. Went down very well with a glass of cabernet savignon (don;t worry about the spelling, you know). There were something like 10 blackboard specials for sweets but none of us could eat any more...........we were totally satisfied.

Coffee all around to finish off........

• Beaches
    • Birdwatching
    • Eco-Tourism

• Nicholsp02's Profile Photo

Seafood Co-op: Forget the restaurants, sit on the beach!

by Nicholsp02 Written Jul 20, 2004

Its not a restaurant, its a fish market! With the best fish you will get on the coast. Take-away and sit and watch the great sea views around the Jetty area.

Favorite Dish: Choose a peice of fresh fish and have it cooked the way you like it - with a few chips. Then grab some of the best tasting fresh King Prawns - ready to eat. If the Spanner Crabs are in, ask for a heavy one - you will be hooked on Spanner Crabs forever.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Tide and Pilot Brasserie: Good Tucker, Great Company

by aussiedoug Written Apr 22, 2004

My lunch

Well with meeting VTers unravelau, tapis_volant for the first time & renewing a very recently made acquaintance with iandsmith the ambience was easily established without taking into account the very pleasant surroundings which superbly enhanced the alfresco dining.

The ocean and waves just over the breakwall, boats of the Coffs fishing fleet within sight about 30 metres away & a lovely sunny day which had us making sure we were in a shady spot made for close to the perfect setting.

Favorite Dish: Now I test the memory & not totally confident of the outcome......
    I had, & really enjoyed- Crisp Fried Whiting fillets on Citrus Salad with sweet curry mayonnaise. If I hadn't been driving 2 hours back to North Haven a glass of riesling would have gone an absolute treat with this!
    My wife had Barbecued King Prawns on toasted flatbread & spicy couscous (spelling?).
    Carole had an Italian dish (of course) - a chicken linguini dish, can't remember the exact name.
    Nettie had fish & chips and
    Ian had Char Grilled Lamb Loin on Greek Salad with honey, oregano, yoghurt dressing.
    Keely had spaghetti bolognaise & Alexandra (Bessie) had Fish & chips (kids servings of course).

All in all extrremely yummy fare. The coffee wasn't too bad at all either!

• Beaches

• freespirit1's Profile Photo

Foreshores: Best Brekky

by freespirit1 Written Mar 12, 2008

If it's fruit, a smoothie or a full breakfast it as always great especially sitting out on the decked pavement area

Favorite Dish: The French toast - ask for it with plain yoghurt and fruit - yum

Unravelau's treat: Best expresso and muggacino in Coffs

by unravelau Updated Mar 30, 2007
    Incredibly creamy

When I am 'in the mood' I would be one of the best cooks in Coffs Harbour. (Yet to be tested ha, ha).

BUT

I do make a mean expresso and a wonderfully frothy muggacino on my home machines.

Instant Answers: Coffs Harbour

Comments

Coffs Harbour Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coffs Harbour restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coffs Harbour sightseeing.

View all Coffs Harbour hotels