Coffs Harbour Restaurants

A view of the Coffs Harbour marina
    by unravelau

Best Rated Restaurants in Coffs Harbour

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Eat Street - High Street (part of Harbour Drive): Choice of Many - A General Coffs Dining Tip

by aussiedoug Updated Apr 4, 2011

It's funny how we recognise that many cities have what we term "Eat Streets", but rarely do we think of country towns in the same way.

Well, in Coffs Harbour in the old "High Street" which is now part of "Harbour Drive", as you drive down the hill from town iteself, heading towards the jetty, you will find not just a couple, but 12, yes twelve restaurants with most of them being right next door to each other.

Favorite Dish: Being a series of Restaurants I can't possible give you a favourite dish & tell you why it's so good.

However, I can give you a litst of the restaurants & tell you what I observed the night I had dinner at Scoff's

I'll go from the bottom of the hill walking uphill with these places now on my left.

Faro Latina was patronised by a good sized crowd who seemed to be enjoying the food & the atmosphere.

The Waterhole Brasserie was not as crowded, but their menu looked good to me.

The Fisherman's Katch was one of the places I seriously considered before settling on Scoff's as they had a gr8 range of Seafood choices & a delicious sounding Atlantic Salmon dish.

Fountain Vietnamese had a reasonable crowd.

Scoff's where I ate was quite good, butr maybe not as good as I anticipated, but remember I'm a bit picky when it comes to my tucker!

The Crying Tiger Contemporary Thai. This was the most crowded of all the restaurants along here so that must say something about the quality of the food. Have to try it next time.

Tandoori Oven was next & I didn't notice too much about this one other than to tell you here is a choice of Indian food amongst the choice of many.

Vibes was next & here's where I had afternoon tea & will definitely dine on a revisit to Coffs. Interesting clientele here looking a bit more hip & cool than diners at the other places. Quite busy it was too. Good menu selection.

Golden Crown Chinese was next in line with reasonable patronage.

The European which I can't tell you much about.

Maria's Italian Kitchen had a fair crowd & is one of the original couple of places from here back when there were only a couple of Cafes?Restaurants along this stretch.

Lastly the Tahruah Thai Kitchen rounds out your possible cining choices in Coffs Harbour's "Eat Street". Have fun making your own choic & please write about it so next time I'm there I can make an informed choice. Buon appetito!

Some of the choices

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Spotlight on Cafe Aqua at Park Beach.: Catch Cry now-a-days......Let's Do Breakfast

by unravelau Updated Apr 4, 2011

Well, I had seen this one a few times when I had been going to the Park Beach Bowling Club for dinner, and thought .......... I must try that out. Well a few friends headed to another place this morning only to discover that they were closed and so we decided to try the Cafe Aqua out.

Very pleased that we did.

Favorite Dish: Well, I guess this will the beginning of a long association but so far I have only sampled breakfast.

I had scrambled eggs on toast with a slice of bacon. Gen (aucangen) had scrambled eggs too while Dave and Joyce (potterist1) had an acronym LOL ......... three letters which meant lettuce and stuff on foccacia sandwich toasted..........Joyce added avocado........all quite yummy from my perspective.........none of us left anything.

Cafe Aqua sandwiched between holiday flats, pardon

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Tide and Pilot Brasserie: Good Tucker, Great Company

by aussiedoug Written Apr 22, 2004

Well with meeting VTers unravelau, tapis_volant for the first time & renewing a very recently made acquaintance with iandsmith the ambience was easily established without taking into account the very pleasant surroundings which superbly enhanced the alfresco dining.

The ocean and waves just over the breakwall, boats of the Coffs fishing fleet within sight about 30 metres away & a lovely sunny day which had us making sure we were in a shady spot made for close to the perfect setting.

Favorite Dish: Now I test the memory & not totally confident of the outcome......
    I had, & really enjoyed- Crisp Fried Whiting fillets on Citrus Salad with sweet curry mayonnaise. If I hadn't been driving 2 hours back to North Haven a glass of riesling would have gone an absolute treat with this!
    My wife had Barbecued King Prawns on toasted flatbread & spicy couscous (spelling?).
    Carole had an Italian dish (of course) - a chicken linguini dish, can't remember the exact name.
    Nettie had fish & chips and
    Ian had Char Grilled Lamb Loin on Greek Salad with honey, oregano, yoghurt dressing.
    Keely had spaghetti bolognaise & Alexandra (Bessie) had Fish & chips (kids servings of course).

All in all extrremely yummy fare. The coffee wasn't too bad at all either!

My lunch

The Muffin Break: My most favourite coffee house

by unravelau Updated Apr 9, 2008

The food is always fresh, affordable and appetizing, and muffins are the speciality. They even have varieties for the weight conscious too.

Coming into winter '06 you might be pleased to know that The Muffin Break introduced soup to their ever increasing menu last year.

Favorite Dish: I love their savoury muffins, their individual ciches, carrot cake or bagels.........just yummy.

View of the Muffin Break from one of 250 seats.

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Bushman's Bakery: Internationally famous pies.....oh yea.

by unravelau Updated Aug 29, 2008

The bakery is at one end........sales area in the middle and coffee lounge to the left as you go in. What could be better than this.

Favorite Dish: I love their multi grain sandwich loaf of bread and their cakes are heavenly.

My favourite Cakes
    • Festivals

Northside Pizzas and Pasta: Northside Pizzas fill the bill when you are hungry

by unravelau Updated Apr 7, 2006

Pizzas and other Italian food are a favourite of mine and therefore I have my favourite place for buying them........when I'm not cooking them myself that is.

A very friendly couple (John and Elaine) who came from Melbourne originally, own and run this great little shop with the help of a couple of offsiders. I tend to buy the same thing every time I go and thoroughly enjoy my choice. If you fancy it, a variety of pastas are available too with garlic bread and drinks to round it off.

A comparitively new addition to the menu are the filled potatoes...........I haven't tried one yet, but they certainly look wonderful. UPDATE.........yummy. My brother and sister in law visited Coffs on Thursday and bought pizza and filled potatoes to bring to my place for our evening meal. We were all suitably impressed.........but then you know how I feel about the pizza.......the filled potato can go on my list too.

There are quite a variety of pizzas too and some are cooked in their special wood oven.

Favorite Dish: I have a capricosa with anchovies and wait for it............pineapple. Ymmmmmy.

Half gone.

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Sheerwater Restaurant: Sit on the deck and watch the fish swimming

by unravelau Updated Dec 29, 2005

Potterist and myself had occasion to share a mid-day meal with some friends on Friday. The suggested venue was The Sheerwater Restaurant at the Promenade Centre High Street, Coffs Harbour. Previously I had only had a coffee there (some years ago now) and I hadn't returned, until now. It had been a cold morning so I was more than happy to sit in the sun on the deck........... a little while later I was more than happy to have the canvas shades lowered sufficiently to shield from the sun but still open enough to enjoy the view.

You should see the fish here.........bream and mullet...schools as thick as those fish I saw at Sperlonga's Tiberius Cave's fishery.........just amazing. While I was getting the camera out, along came a pelican and a host of seagulls...........ah well I am a happy vegemite........it wont matter about the food at all if I have this magnificent view to enjoy.......and I am warm.

Favorite Dish: I thought to have the deep sea salmon with asparagus as my friends had decided on, but at the last minute I chose the fillet steak chargrilled on a bed of asparagus, a special sauce and sliced beetroot......absolutely yummy. Went down very well with a glass of cabernet savignon (don;t worry about the spelling, you know). There were something like 10 blackboard specials for sweets but none of us could eat any more...........we were totally satisfied.

Coffee all around to finish off........

My view while eating lunch
    • Birdwatching
    • Eco-Tourism

The Fisherman's Co-operative: The fish jump out of the water

by unravelau Updated Apr 14, 2008

The Fisherman's Co-operative is conveniently situated where land meets water in the Coffs Harbour Marina, and where the fisherman offload their catch and stock up on fuel for the next trip.

You can buy (of course) fresh seafood of every variety here....... the left hand end of the building or you can have the cooks, cook it place it in a tray and bag and take it........either all of the way home or just to the tables and chairs on the deck or to find a spot amongst the seagulls and fishing boats. They also offer a range of fresh salads small and large. I am rather partial to the greek salad that has plenty of olives, cucumber and fetta cheese...... Fantastic.

Favorite Dish: Fish and chips is my favourite because I am not partial to crustaceans or molluscs although you would be able to get the very best here. Had fish cocktails with chips (and tartare sauce) as well as a beautiful side salad .

Fisherman's Co-op. A view of the Coffs Harbour marina

Neptunes at Northside: My favourite steak sandwich + chips

by unravelau Updated Nov 22, 2013

As often happens this little shop changed management and is not a favourite of mine any more unfortunately.
    I get steak sandwiches and hamburgers now from a fish and chip shop in the laneway off Orlando street and they are something to write home about. Next door but a playing field from the porpoise pool.

They are always full of customers but their service is quick and good. A friend of mine buys fish and chips there and says they are best she's had but she hasn't tried my favourite place yet.

• Water Sports
    • Surfing

The Foreshores Cafe: There's Nothing better than breakfast at

by unravelau Updated Jan 26, 2008

Dine al fresco or inside, and have your choice of the standard big breckie or one of a variety of dishes catering to a wide taste.

Favorite Dish: When I go I usually have the big breckie and starve myself for the rest of the day. It consists of two eggs, bacon, 2 mini sausages and slices of tomato on two slices of toast .

Foreshores Cafe. The Jetty. The big breckie photo taken December 07 My friend decided on pancakes for brecky
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Adventure Travel

• Nicholsp02's Profile Photo

Seafood Co-op: Forget the restaurants, sit on the beach!

by Nicholsp02 Written Jul 20, 2004

Its not a restaurant, its a fish market! With the best fish you will get on the coast. Take-away and sit and watch the great sea views around the Jetty area.

Favorite Dish: Choose a peice of fresh fish and have it cooked the way you like it - with a few chips. Then grab some of the best tasting fresh King Prawns - ready to eat. If the Spanner Crabs are in, ask for a heavy one - you will be hooked on Spanner Crabs forever.

• unravelau's Profile Photo

The Tide and Pilot (name has changed Aug 2012).: Sit under the sails in fine weather.

by unravelau Updated Aug 13, 2012

Great place for a cup of coffee or tea from 7am in the morning, with or without breakfast. Snacks and full lunches, and then for a full menu upstairs in the evenings. Just recently they have made coffee and breakfast available upstairs on the glassed in deck or the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Recently the Tide and Pilot has been taken over by the Fisherman's co-op so there have been a few changes made but they serve the same fresh food and Lavazza coffee is still flowing.

Tide and Pilot

• Mikebb's Profile Photo

Coffs Harbour Fishermen's Co-operative: Freshest Fish & Chips

by Mikebb Updated Feb 28, 2007

This is the place to go if you want fresh seafood caught from local waters. A large variety of fresh fish, prawns, lobster and crab is available to have served to you on the verandah, or you may purchase fresh to take home and cook. We arrived at midday for lunch and had a large serve of fish and chips with salad, a most enjoyable lunch with a view of the harbour. This is not an upmarket affair, but most enjoyable. You can bring your own beer and wine.
    Meals are served early evening, I suggest you phone to check they are open.

Favorite Dish: Local fish and chips.

Great Lunch at Fishermen's Co-operative
    • Seniors

Chopsticks: Terrific Chinese Take Away Tucker

by unravelau Written Jul 20, 2007

Chopsticks just quietly and quickly goes about its business of feeding the hungry hoards in Park Beach. Situated on Park Beach Road within the Northside Shopping Centre, it offers a great range of traditional Chinese dishes to take away. You could sit within the shop or share the tables outside but I mostly just take my dish/es home.

Favorite Dish: There are a number of dishes that I really enjoy but I am sure that they are all as tasty as my favourites.......I will work my way through the menu eventually.

• Business Travel

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Bey Kebabs at the Plaza: Kebab, crepe or spud - you can't go past....

by unravelau Updated Oct 10, 2006

I have now tasted and loved all three items on the menu at this great little fast but healthy hot food shop. Bey Kebabs is a very popular place for lunch at Park Beach Plaza. The food is fantastic and the service is excellent all due to the happy owner (Dave) and his cheerful staff.

Favorite Dish: My favourite thing for lunch at the moment is a chicken spud. As the name would suggest it starts with a potato into which all kinds of goodies flow. The chicken spud is just one of a few choices on the spud menu. For A$7 you get the large potato with butter or garlic butter, corn, avocado, salad and sour cream and your choice of sauce. Super yummy.

Bey Kebab shop in the food court Park Beach Plaza Dave, the owner of Bey Kebabs at Park Beach Plaza
    • Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Coffs Harbour

Comments

Coffs Harbour Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coffs Harbour restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coffs Harbour sightseeing.

View all Coffs Harbour hotels