Coogee Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Coogee

La Spiaggia: Ok Pizza

by cjg1 Updated Apr 2, 2012

Margherita Pizza

Our first night in Coogee we were starving on the way back to Jackie's. We decided to try this place after seeing their sign procalim "Brick Oven Pizza". I thought, "Yum, I could go for that."

We walked inside and were told it would be about five minutes for a table; so we waited at their small bar. The place was very cramped and it was packed to the gills. The wait went by quickly and we were shown to our table. We perused the extensive menu of pizzas, pasta, sandwiches and mains before decided on their Margherita pizza. Judging by the tables around us; we decided one pizza was big enough to share.

The pizza arrived about fifteen minutes later bubbling hot with gooey cheese. It looked good but looks can be decieving in this case. The crust was good, the cheese was good but the sauce tasted as if it was out of a can. Despite the sauce we ate it up; we were starved.

Was it good; I'd say it was okay. Would I eat here again probably not pizza but I'd be willing to try their pasta.

Baker's Delight: Yum...Blueberry White Chocolate Scones

by cjg1 Updated Mar 14, 2012

Apple Lattice

Baker's Delight is one of my guilty pleasures in Australia. I have been to several of those around Sydney and also the one in Perth. And I almost always get the same Berry and White Chocolate Scone. Around Sydney they run about $1.90 and $2.10 in Perth but I could sit there and eat several per day if Liz would let me.

They also have a great selection of rolls, breads and danish style treats. Liz always goes for one of the Lattice treats. They run about $3.40 each.

Combined, what a great way to start the day. I almost always will walk into Coogee instead of getting the bus into Sydney right near where we stay to get this.

Favorite Dish: The Berry and White Chocolate Scone is my favorite as I said. We have also enjoyed their rolls for a BBQ and of course the lattice danishes.

Flavour of North India: Simply Awful

by cjg1 Updated Mar 14, 2012

We've eaten here twice now 14 months apart. I need to learn my lesson and not come back.

When I'm in Australia one of things I crave is Indian food. On this latest visit we had so few days to ourselves and only 5 days total that I had not gotten anywhere for some yet. I stopped in to take some pakoras and samosas back to the house. I should have known better. Neither were very good. I will have to remember not to come back. A shame, because Coogee needs a good Indian.

Our first visit was not much better. We ate in that time and had a sampling of curry and rice and such. Most of it was not edible at that time, although I tried.

Favorite Dish: I really can't recommend anything here.

Coogee Bite: Tasty Brunch with a View

by cjg1 Updated Jun 23, 2011

Enjoying the CB

The Coogee Bite is a favorite breakfast place of our friend Jackie. We were heading out to Botany Bay and deciding to grab some breakfast first. The place was hopping; after all it was a weekend so we didn't mind the ten minute wait for a table. Tables are in short supply but we snagged one right outside.

The menu here has a nice assortment of pancakes, eggs and the typical breakfast fare. After perusing the menu, the Bananas Foster Pancakes jumped out at me...I had to have them. Liz chose some sourdough toast with peanut butter along with a mango strawberry smoothie. Jackie went with some egg white scramble.

The food arrived rather quickly and upon first glance of my pancakes I drooled. Wow, they were incredible. The flavor was delicious and the pancakes were so fluffy. Liz loved her toast and her smoothie (it was drunk in minutes).

I can understand why this is such a popular place. The food is great, the service is excellent and the beach views are killer.

Moo Gourmet Burgers: Tasty Burgers and Shakes

by cjg1 Updated Aug 3, 2010

Falafel Burger

Moo is a place I saw all over some food blogs for their tasty burgers. This place is a chain but the reviews were good enough to inspire a visit to their Coogee location.

After a long walk from Bondi to Coogee we met up with our friend Jackie for a lunch at Moo. The place was small and had picnic style table seating. The placemats were menus and full of many different burgers to choose from. After a good look we decided on our drinks and burgers. I decided to have the Falafel Burger with a chocolate shake. Liz ordered the Classic Cheeseburger and a Vanilla milkshake. Jackie decided to have the Wagyu Beef Burger and chips.

The food came rather quickly; ten minutes later and looked incredible. The burgers were nice sizes and the portion of chips was large enough for three of us to share. I thoroughly enjoyed my milkshake which was very thick with a nice chocolate taste. Liz like here milkshake but though it was a bit on the thin side. I was surprised that I wanted a non-beef burger but I was thrilled with the taste and texture of my Falafel burger.

I thought it was a good choice for lunch and definitely a new experience in burgers.

Favorite Dish: I thoroughly enjoyed my Falafel Burger. The burger was a Falafel burger topped with lettuce and tomato with cucumber yoghurt & chilli jam on the side. The burger bun was nice and fresh; not too soft though. I loved my chocolate shake which was a large size; I didn't mind I was thirsty and the shake was delicious.

• Eco-Tourism

• imagine_david's Profile Photo

A Fish Called Coogee: Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!

by imagine_david Written Oct 25, 2009

Basic decor but excellent frshly caught and cooked seafood.

Choose from the large selection at the 'buffet' and then the cook prepares it for you.

Located just a hundred metres from the beach it has not water view but the food quality makes up for lack of view.

• Fishing

Chao Praya: Excellent Thai Food

by Josilver Written Jul 25, 2006

Chao Praya

This is definately the best thai resuruant I have ever been to, I have been her over a 100 times and my friends and I have tried all the others keep going back to Chao Praya. The food is excellent and fast. If you are running late for a movie you can be in and out in 15 minutes. The sevrice is great and the prices are cheap.

Favorite Dish: The Pad Thai is great
    The Pad See Eew is great
    The Thai green curry is great
    The jungle curry woth prawns is great
    The Clay Pot is really great
    The money bags entree is one of my favourites
    You get the picture, all the food is good

Coogee Bay Kiosk: Gr8 for the Morning Heart Starter

by aussiedoug Updated Nov 7, 2004

Queing up for morning coffee

I don't usually call my first coffee for the day what I've said above because quite frankly often I only have 1 coffee during the day & on the odd occasion maybe a second one round lunch time or mid afternoon.

Yes, that's another Coogee "BUT" you can hear coming isn't it! Yes, but after a late night the night before & a couple of glasses of vin blanc ou vino bianco with my risotto & up early for a walk & to catch some great photo opportunities (see the Surfboat travelogues!) I was definitely in need of a "heartstarter"

Well people I'm here to tell you that from the humble little Coogee Bay Kiosk I got a cup of darned fine Mocha on soy that I'm sure the most finicky of Seattle coffee drinkers would have been pleased with.

Favorite Dish: Yes Coogee has as good coffee as I've had anywhere & better coffee than I've had in virtually anywhere. For under three dollars, $2.80 to be exact, I was one very satisfied customer.

Looking at the menu I could have had quite a hearty brekkie with an excellent range of very healthy sounding freshly squeezed juices.

So for the coffee lover, big brekkie lover or the healthy eater extraordinaire you are all catered for at this humble little abode.

• Work Abroad

Fed Cafe & Grill: Gr8 Alfresco Dining

by aussiedoug Written Nov 6, 2004

Early Morning at Cafe Fed

Hey, Alfresco dining overlooking a lovely beach, what's not to like?

Well I suppose the food has to be a bit better than just alright too doesn't it?

And it is!

One of the beaut things about this restaurant was the lovely waitstaff. Three of the young ladies were absolutely delightful & we had a lovely time chatting with them.

Favorite Dish: Well if we'd gotten there early enough my wife's favourite dish would have definitely been the half lobster for $18 (Australian so about US$12.50), but we dallied to long having early evening drinks at the Coogee Bay Hotel & by the time we got there they had run out of Lobster. She was mortified, but it was nice I could say, "Well I told you so, I did try to get you to leave earlier" Not often we males get the chance to say that eh?
    I had a very enjoyable Vegetarian Risotts & a number of the others had the Seafood Platter, some with mussels & some without (my wsife being one of those). They really enjoyed them. Now I'm going to add a photo of that delicious looking Seafood Platter in a travelogue with the Chocolate Cake from Cozzi Cafe so you'd better check it out (when I do it of course. lol!)

Now don't be disturbed when you look at the photo & read my directions below that mentions looking for the tables out the front for the alfresco dining. This photo was taken early in the morning & they were just starting to set up for the day.

Then of course there had to be dessert. A couple of us had Cherry Strudel was was very yummy indeed with some ice cream. I need to get back to the Gym!!!! lol!

• Work Abroad

Cozzi Cafe: Excellent smooth coffee & gr8 cakes

by aussiedoug Written Nov 6, 2004

Cafe Front

Well in some respects it's just another cafe, but if you enlarge the photo here & see them advertising Coogee's Best Coffee well that piqued the curiosity, but then when you walk through the door & see all the absolutely yummy cakes behind the glass you just want to get at them, that is if you can decide which one you'd like.

We'd been at a conference all day & I was hanging out for a "good" coffee. So when I saw this place advertising itself as I've explained I just had to give it a go.

It's open for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, 7 days a week from 7:00 a.m till late. If you're going to be staying in Coogee for a week or more then get one of their cards from the container of them on the counter & for every 11 coffees you get the 12th one free.

I wouldn't have minded having dinner here as they had one of my favourite dishes that I enjoyed on more than one occasion at Au General La Fayette Bistro in Paris - Salade Nicoise. Yummo!

If you come to Coogee you have to try this place for morning or afternoon tea or a meal

Favorite Dish: The Coffee at this place was amongst the best, the smoothest I've ever tasted. And what makes it even better was knowing two very important things. Firstly, it was organically grown so not only healthier for the environment, but also healthier for me. Secondly it was grown & produced right here in Australia from somewhere close to Byron Bay I think.

Now you have to check my travelogue (when I build it, soon) for a mouth watering pic of the chocolate cake Kerry had. Silly me was trying to be a bit health-conscious & had a blueberry tart with my coffee which was very nice I must admit, but when I had a taste of my wife's chocolate cake, warmed up just nicely & so beautifully presented (see the pic) I wished that I had ordered that. It would have gone pretty well perfectly with my Mocha on soy.

Aurthurs Pizza: Aurthurs Pizza

by Josilver Written Jul 24, 2006

Authurs Pizza

The best pizza in Sydney, the cheapest hamburgers, quick and easy and I have never been dissapointed.

Favorite Dish: I allways go for the spot special pizza

Mille Lire: Great italian

by Josilver Written Jul 24, 2006

Mille Lire

Hi, this is one of my favourite resturuants in coogee, great atmosphere and great food

Favorite Dish: Every thing is good , but the seafood and pasta dishes are probably the best

Instant Answers: Coogee

Comments

Coogee Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Coogee restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coogee sightseeing.