Currarong Things to Do

From the pools looking back to town
    by unravelau
  • Blue soldier crabs move a lot like flocks of birds
    Blue soldier crabs move a lot like...
    Looking towards the wreck

Most Recent Things to Do in Currarong

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Ok, now for the rock pools....

by unravelau Written Jun 8, 2007

Forty years ago as if it were yesterday, doesn't necessarily tell the story really. What we found was that like the years had shrunk, so had the distance between landmarks.

What I thought had been a long, long way away from our camp was in reality just a hop skip and a jump away.

Looking towards the wreck From the pools looking back to town At the pools

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Take a nostalgic walk around the creek

by unravelau Written Jun 8, 2007

and try to figure out which house did we stay in, which house did J stay in, which camping spot did we occupy....etc.

The more things change the more they stay the same? Is this right? We had occasion to discuss our memories and compare them with the facts of to-day. We will have to come back again in another forty years and see if our memories have changed to these ones.

View over the creek from one camping area What?  Yes, Grandma, the birds. Blue soldier crabs move a lot like flocks of birds Wonder if this one is related to mine in Coffs?

Swimming swimming swimming

by unravelau Updated Apr 6, 2007

Well, you know how I love swimming! It was wonderful swimming at currarong because of the variety. Close to our camping spot there was a long lagoon - a tidal one that emptied and filled, ebbed and flowed every six hours. As the tide would be emptying the lagoon we would move closer to the mouth where there was a deep hole (yep even at low tide it was deep) quite near some rocks.....where we could practice swimming against the tide. We could also swim in the ocean just there or trek up to shark bay to swim - although we didn't do that often, we preferred to clamber around the rocks to two rock pools......yep, I learnt to swim there. My Mum sat on the edge of the deeper rock pool at high tide and put her feet out and I lay across her legs to practice arm and feet movements. What fun we had. I am looking forward to seeing if the pools are still there too.

Ok, ok, yep that is a photo of me with my two young cousins...I would have been 15 there. LOL.
    Correction....my brother said and I am sure that he is right that I would have been only 12 in that photo. Early bloomer.

Lagoon and ocean at Currurong....long, long ago. Currarong lagoon, rocky deep hole and ocean
    • School Holidays

Instant Answers: Currarong

Comments

Currarong Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Currarong things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Currarong sightseeing.