Dubbo Warnings and Dangers

by CdnJane

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Dubbo

• balhannah's Profile Photo

by balhannah Updated May 27, 2015

I am not trying to put you off coming to Dubbo, but I want you to be aware it does have a high crime rate, although this is falling now because of new techniques.

I, a female on my own, have walked around the city on my own and have never felt frightened or threatened, but then I wouldn't walk around here at night.

Banning of drinking alcohol in the open has helped lots too!

24 closed circuit televisions (CCTV) have been put in the streets of Dubbo and has helped in lowering crime rates.
    Assault, smashed windows, cars broken into and robberies are the three most common crimes captured on Dubbo’s CCTV. Police usually capture the offenders quite quickly!

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Emus aren't for patting

by CdnJane Written Feb 21, 2005

While you are at the zoo you may see some Emus wandering around free. Don't try approaching them - they are not friendly, and could do you some serious injury. All you have to do is to take one look at those beedy red eyes and just see malice lurking within. Use your telephoto lens and get close that way. The poor folks in the car beside him were afraid to get out, and we didn't want to get any closer to get to our car. We waited until he decided to wander off.

Emu at Western Plains Zoo
    • Zoo

Instant Answers: Dubbo

Dubbo Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Dubbo warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dubbo sightseeing.