Evans Head Restaurants

• balhannah's Profile Photo

NEW ITALY CAFE: DEVONSHIRE MORNING TEA

by balhannah Written Oct 26, 2013

Devonshire morning tea

The New Italy Museum Complex is in such a position, that travellers along the Pacific Highway use the area as a rest-stop.

We decided to order a Devonshire morning tea, which included two hot scones, strawberry jam and cream and a cup of coffee. Presentation was lovely, as were the scones.
    We sat under the verandah where the grape vines were growing and there were huge paintings on the outside walls of important areas in Italy. It really had that Italian feel about it!
    Through the vines we looked out to the garden and statues.
    We loved the setting, and the morning tea, will drop in next time we are travelling towards Sydney.

Devonshire morning tea cost $7.50

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• balhannah's Profile Photo

THE RIVERFRONT KIOSK: CHEAP AND GOOD!

by balhannah Written Oct 22, 2013

Flathead, chips & salad

As the name suggests, this is not a Restaurant, but a Kiosk.
    We were staying at the Silver Sands Caravan Park which is located next to the Kiosk. Not wanting a big meal for dinner, and having already checked the prices for take-away in the main street [quite expensive], we decided to try the Riverside Kiosk.

It happened to be blowing a gale, so we sat under the verandah where the plastic see through blinds were down, this gave us protection from the wind, and we still had a great view of the River.

We ordered Flathead [fish] chips and salad and my husband ordered a steak burger, chips and salad, both meals were $10 each for Dinner. There were other choices too for the same price.
    I picked up our utensils and numbered receipt and went to the table to sit down and wait.
    We didn't wait long at all! The receipt number was called, so I went and collected our meal. This was in a big take-away container and not on a plate, that didn't matter, in-fact I was happy it was, as I could take home with me what I couldn't eat of my meal.
    So much for a small meal! I had 5 pieces of Flathead, plenty of chips and salad. My husbands Steak Burger was huge and the steak was tender.
    What a bargain! I could really recommend this Kiosk.

It is open until 7pm and sells all the types of take-away food, drinks, ice-creams, teas & coffees. There is outside seating to enjoy the sun on a non- windy day!

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Evans Head

Comments

Evans Head Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Evans Head restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Evans Head sightseeing.