Forbes Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Forbes

The small plane...

by CandS Updated Sep 6, 2006

The Cessner

Favorite thing: Here is the little aeroplane that they take you up in to do the sky diving jump...tiny huh!? It only just fits 6 people in (the pilot, the jump master and four 'newbies') - even then everyone is basically sitting on top of each other...haha!!!

The club that runs the static line sky diving is called Western Districts Parachute Club and they are based at the club airstrip, just a 10 minute drive from the centre of Forbes towards the airport. If you would like more information or to get in touch with them, send me an email and I'll find out more details... :)

Forbes Streets

by CandS Updated Sep 11, 2005

Lachlan Street

Favorite thing: The town of Forbes itself isn't huge so you will be able to find your way around the streets fairly easily without any troubles. It only takes a short drive or walk to find most things... Car parks are quite easy to find all over town too.

• Architecture
    • Hiking and Walking

Sky diving

Are we mad?!?!

Favorite thing: My friend and myself about to get into the (tiny) plane ready to do our first ever sky diving 'jump'...woohoo!!! :)

I did 'static line' (solo) sky diving. We were attached to the plane by a cord that opened the parachute about five seconds after 'jumping'...once the parachute opened we had to steer ourselves to the ground using the helper below who pointed a big arrow in the direction we should go.

It was an amazing experience...once that parachute was open I was so excited I couldn't stop yelling out "woohoo" and stuff like that... ;)

Sky diving

Me landing...

Favorite thing: Just landed... What a pity I didn't land on my feet...maybe one day. :)

This was my very first landing on my first skydiving jump...what a thrill...if ever you get the chance to do it - I say go for it!!!!!! :) Whether it be static line or tandem jumping...

Although I landed on my butt it was a very soft landing...perfect for my first one. :) I didn't get a single scratch or bump.

Sky Diving...

Sky Diving

Favorite thing: Here's me on my first sky diving jump coming in for my first ever landing. :)

If you watch and do everything your TA (the guy on the ground) says to do then you should have a safe and easy landing. :) Static line sky diving is a great way to have a fairly safe jump... :)

Me in the sky...

by CandS Updated Dec 2, 2003

Me sky diving again!!

Favorite thing: Here's me on my second sky diving jump...ahhh...sooooo peaceful!!

My second jump was in November 2002...I am really glad I did the second jump...I remembered much more of the 'free fall' part and felt much more in control. :)

I must admit, I landed on my butt again - can't help but do those "girly sit downs"... Still at least I didn't get hurt! ;)

Post Office

by CandS Updated Dec 2, 2003
    Forbes Post Office

Favorite thing: The Forbes Post Office is one of the many nice old buildings in Forbes... The Post Office is on the corner of Court Street and Lachlan Street.

• Hiking and Walking
    • Architecture

Instant Answers: Forbes

Comments

Forbes Favorites

Reviews and photos of Forbes favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Forbes sightseeing.