Gerringong Things to Do

exploring the rock pool

Most Recent Things to Do in Gerringong

Hearty Brekky at the Front Porch

by AusPinay Updated May 31, 2009

As our beachfront cabin had all the amenities and I was very relaxed during the entire holiday I was inspired to use the cooking appliances in the kitchen and made a hearty brekky: my family's fave of pancakes, bacon & eggs.

When we first get to our accommodation, we usually know beforehand where to get our supplies ( also for replenishing) as I research the place before booking. We don't take perishable goods much as we like to get them fresh locally (for bread & milk, etc.)

But on this trip, I was busy with other things and realised we didn't have to worry after all as the centre of t own is nearby and there was no traffic, only during our last day going home!

We got the supplies from the local Woolies supermarket in town and the next day I made a hearty brekky as we noticed the cafes are always full and there were no fast food outlets where we usually get a quick morning bite before exploring. It proved to be more fun, not only economical! The whole family helped as well.

Pancakes, bacon & eggs at the Cabin porch cooking is easy with this electric frypan Dad helped too!

Hearty Brekky at the Front Porch

by AusPinay Written May 31, 2009

As our beachfront cabin had all the amenities and I was very relaxed during the entire holiday I was inspired to use the cooking appliances in the kitchen and made a hearty brekky.

When we first get to our accommodation, we either know beforehand where to get our supplies as I research the place before booking. But on this trip, I was busy with other things but we didn't have to worry after all as the centre of t own is nearby and there was no traffic, only during our last day going home!

cooking is easy with this electric frypan Brekky at the Cabin porch Dad helped too!

Morning Walk Along SEVEN MILE Beach w/o the Crowds

by AusPinay Updated May 31, 2009

Seven Mile Beach extends from Gerroa to Shoalhaven Heads. It is an extremely open beach, which experiences quite windy conditions.

Council provides a lifeguard patrol at the northern end of the beach, seven days per week during the Christmas/New year period.

While the beach is suitable for all beach activities, it experiences dangerous conditions in big seas. Beach goers should exercise care and only swim during patrol times.

Seven Mile Beach is regularly utilised by wind surfers and kite surfers too!

However, since we were there in spring, we contended ourselves with walking along the long stretch of beach for our morning exercise and we were just happy and contented, no amount of cold weather can stop us from having a nice time. The beach was almost deserted around 10isn so we were doubly ecstatic!

lovely stretch of beach another side showing part of  the rock pool walking along the talcum-like sand
    • Beaches

Springtime Playing in the Sand

by AusPinay Written May 31, 2009

The cold springweather didn't deter my kids in their fave pastime - playing in the sand, while hubby & I watched them, we just chilled out the cool weather huggled along the shores of the beach just a few steps from our cabin.

I am stressing that adults should not be complacent and think just because the cabin is nearby you can stay and let the kids go to the beach shore and play in the sand! That is a no-no! The waves can be tricky and become so big at such a short time you will never know what hit you or the kids so be vigilant!( oh this could be for the warning tip,LOL!)

Anyway, a trip to the beach is so cheap but can be the most memorable one for kids because of the experience with the family playing simply in the sand! Now that is priceless in my book!

Father & son time playing in the sand, priceless! Big & old kids having fun in the sand Happy couple just chilling by the beach
    • Beaches

Take the Kids Exploring/Looking at Water Creatures

by AusPinay Written May 31, 2009

Exploring the rock pools at Gerringong especially along the beach towards Werri Beach and surrounding areas is a good way to keep the kids occupied. There's plenty to see in every nook and cranny near the cliffs and around the rock pools- crabs, anemones, sea urchins, etc.

Our boys, that include my husband, had a ball searching for tiny water creatures that live in the water and around the rock pools. They would catch, poke and investigate every little thing that moves that is easily reached in or out of the water and around the rock bottom.

It was a lot of fun exploring Mother Nature's wonderful little creatures!

A word of warning, just make sure you keep an eye on the kids and the animals as some would be spingy or prickly and might not be a good idea to touch them!

exploring the pools for little H20animals The kids even made friends

• AusPinay's Profile Photo

WERRI Beach,GERRINGONG, A SEASIDE BEAUTY!

by AusPinay Updated May 31, 2009

This place is teeming with pockets of beauty, especially the rock pool area at Werri Beach. You will be amazed at the spectacular views everywhere you look!

According to t he Kiama website, the rock poo irregular-shaped pool constructed in the rock shelf at the south end of Werri Beach with access via Pacific Avenue or Geering Street.

There is ample parking and there are change rooms and amenities on site. The pool has a smooth, sloping concrete floor and nearby is a separate concrete-formed children's wading pool. The pool and surrounding shelf are subject to natural wave action during high tides.

Being tidal pool, it opens to the ocean, and is subject to the same hazards and marine creatures that are common to natural rock shelves with the result that wave action may introduce marine stingers and other creatures into the pool. During periods of high seas large waves may enter the poolmaking it unsafe for swimming. Any damage to the pool surrounds or requests for information should be referred to Council's Engineering & Works department.

Werri Beach Rock Pool, Gerringong

Instant Answers: Gerringong

Comments

Gerringong Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Gerringong things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gerringong sightseeing.