Goulburn Nightlife

• craic's Profile Photo

Ye Olde Style Watering Hole

by craic Written Oct 19, 2007

Coolawin Hotel

(Across the road from the Railway Station)

Couple of pokies, cheap drinks, local identities (many of them local racing identities) minding their own business. Mostly minding their own business.

I love this pub because it isn't at all tricked out.

And because it is so old that it is thick with ghosts. All of them benign and, mostly, minding their own business.

Its heydey was when the itinerant workers, shearers etc, would get into town, slap their money down on the bar and say to the barmaid - "Tell me when it has run out, love."
    The nicer barmaids would buy the blokes a pair of boots and a new pair of strides before the money ran out.

I also love it because if I am waiting for my connection home to Wingello, it is a convenient place to spend a couple of hours.

It's shabby though.

I have no idea if it still does beds and meals.

It doesn't have a website. Of course it doesn't. It hasn't moved with the times at all.

• jordy005's Profile Photo

sleezy pick up joint: ``FLAMINGO``

by jordy005 Written Oct 27, 2006

Honestly that name says it all right??? Here the regulars call it `` dingoes``

The place opens at like 9pm, but ` anyone who is anyone` does not show their face in there
    till midnight at the earliest.... closes at like 4am and then they head next door to the service station for a sausage roll with sauce.......... I went there once,,,, walked in,, had one drink and went home deciding ``watching grass grow`` was for more exciting....

I would pass on going there if I were you... if you are young go to the `workers club` on Auburn street... if you are old and like the pokies go to the RSL club and if you like a good bisro meal and a beer try the railway bowling club

Dress Code: hahaha let me see dress code....

ok let me tell you first there is this guy that goes in there (everyone has seen and knows of him walking the streets) and he wears lycra long bike shorts ,,,NO UNDERWEAR... a singlet top (even in mid winter) some weird high boots and bum belt and head phones (yes to a night club)

NEED I SAY MORE????

If you wore a dress made of peanut shells held together with string and ribbon you would get in !

• Music

Instant Answers: Goulburn

Comments

Goulburn Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Goulburn nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Goulburn sightseeing.