Grafton Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Grafton

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Cafe Alchemy & Naked Bean: Two I missed

by wise23girl Written Nov 6, 2013

Bit of a pity but we just did not get to these two 'Standouts' the Information Centre lady told me about when I enquired for some some cafes that were a bit different.
    Both are in South Grafton.
    The first was Cafe Alchemy which you find in The Emporium...described as quirky with a Mediterranean influence....and organic coffee.
    Then on Skinner street is The Naked Bean ....and you will find art and local goods for sale there as well as coffee.

And I hate to miss good coffee shops.....

• balhannah's Profile Photo

SOUTH GRAFTON EX-SERVICEMEN'S CLUB: BY THE CLARENCE RIVER

by balhannah Updated Nov 4, 2013

Lamb chops

This club is located beside the Clarence River. Parking is in the street and in the FREE CAR-PARK across the road. On entering the Club, you must sign in at Reception, this is so they know you are a visitor to the area.

We enjoyed a meal here in 2009, so we decided a return visit was in order. Since then, things have changed a little.

We were told where the Bistro was, so headed in that direction only to be cut off by a waitress asking if we were after a meal. The main Bistro area was closed as there were hardly any people there. We were given a Menu and told what was the "SPECIAL OF THE DAY."
    We chose what we wanted, then were handed a buzzer to let us know when our meal's were ready. On picking up our knives and forks, we made our way to a table overlooking the Clarence River, a very nice outlook, probably one of the best of the River anywhere in Grafton. We both enjoyed viewing the River while waiting for our meal.

I had the "special" - Shepherd's Pie & chips, very nice. Cost $10
    My husband had crumbed Lamb chops and vegetables, this he enjoyed although he would have preferred the chops not to have been deep fried. Cost $19.90
    The choice of meals was quite good, ranging from $10 up to $30. If you have children, children's meals are available.

Every Sunday for Dinner, there is a set Menu priced at $20.
    A choice of 3 different roasts, roast potato, roast pumpkin, green beans, carrots, cauliflower and white sauce or potato bake, lasagne, or pasta bake, gravy, coleslaw, pasta salad and selection of 3 different sweets.

These prices are for 2013.

• Women's Travel
    • Seniors

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

Vines at 139: Enjoy the Vines

by wise23girl Written Nov 3, 2013

We had been here on a previous trip to Grafton with some friends who told us the food was good...and it was. So we found Vines at 139 again just by some clever remembering....so this time here it is on VT....so we will always find the name and address easily.
    Vines is a Cafe, a Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant, and a Fine Dining Restaurant.

On Sundays Vines is open all day for breakfast...how good is that....and on some Fridays there is a lounge night with platters of goodies....sounds fun.

And if you want to try the fine dining the word is that you will really be delighted.

Favorite Dish: I was really happy to find some 'not too sweet' offerings and good coffee.

• unravelau's Profile Photo

Bistro attached to the hotel.: Love the open air bistros

by unravelau Updated Apr 4, 2011

Steak sandwich

Eating out doors is just wonderful in my opinion. We ate at this hotel on the northern side of the Clarence just a bit upstream from the bridge.......can't recall the name right now but I will locate it.

Favorite Dish: I had a steak sandwich while my friend had fish and chips. Both very enjoyable, cheap and fresh.

Instant Answers: Grafton

Comments

Grafton Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Grafton restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Grafton sightseeing.