Hornsby Restaurants

Jamaica Blue captures the crowds
    by skyangel_k1

Most Recent Restaurants in Hornsby

• Kitty82's Profile Photo

Absolute Thai: Love the Fish Curry!

by Kitty82 Updated Nov 19, 2013

Absolute Thai

When my dad comes up to Sydney from Melbourne to work - this is usually the place we come to. The restaurant has moved and is now located next to the Hornsby Inn - they still have outdoor dining with a lovely deck they built out the back. I have always liked the food here - they say they actually send their chef to Thailand to keep up on his cooking skills.

***Updated 20th of Nov 2013 - Restaurant has moved - now next to the Hornsby Inn - please see address below****

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish here has to be the fish curry. Its flavors are just awesome - i could probably eat the whole thing if I wanted too! It comes served in a dug out coconut and filled to the brim - great value!

• Kitty82's Profile Photo

Wok King BBQ Noodle Bar: Order The Laska!

by Kitty82 Written Nov 4, 2011

Wok King is located on level 3 of Westfield Hornsby in the foodcourt. Being in the foodcourt, it is always busy, but even so their service is always very fast. They specilise in rice and noodle dishes and prices can range from $8-$20.

Favorite Dish: I always order the Chicken Laska best one I have ever had - never dissapoints.

• Kitty82's Profile Photo

Fish & Chips Hornsby: Old Style Fish and Chips.

by Kitty82 Written Nov 4, 2011

I love love love this Fish & Chip shop! Shaun and I refer to the owners as 'the old greek couple' - I dnt know why - probably because they are greek and old - and I mean this is a good way! They do the BEST chips - and even though it is full of oil they are just so tasty. Servings are generous and if you order dim sims or potato cakes they will always throw in a few extra.

Favorite Dish: The chips.

Pho Nhon: Cheap Feed

by Kitty82 Written Nov 3, 2011

If your running a bit low on cash and want a cheap meal go the Pho Nhon. Pho Nhon is a Vietnamese restaurant and is seriosly value for money. I walk past this restaurant everyday on my way home from work and it is always busy. Shaun and I went here once and for an entree, 2 main meals and drinks it came to about $30-$40. They also do these fantastic rolls - chicken/pork with salad - $4!! So good!

Favorite Dish: The Sizziling dishes are always good - for sizziling beef/chicken and rice - $10!!!! Also the $4 rolls :-)

Olive Bar and Grill: Great Eggs Bennidict

by Kitty82 Written Nov 2, 2011

Olive Bar and Grill is located between the water clock and the train station and is very popular. All the people that I know have been there at least a dozen times. Shaun and I go for the all day breakfast but they also have an awesome lunch and dinner menu.

Favorite Dish: Favorite Dish would have to be the eggs benidict. Never have I been to such a place where they give you such a generous serve. Most places I go to for eggs benidict the is hardly any hollindaise sauce but not at olive - for $12 you cant beat it.

• Kitty82's Profile Photo

Hornsby RSL: Yummy Nachos :-)

by Kitty82 Written Nov 2, 2011

In general the RSL is a great place to come - the restaurant is always busy. There are two bistro's serving a variety of dishes as well as 3 bars - including a sports bar. The main reason why we go on a Sunday is for the meat raffle. For example a month ago we won 5 MASSIVE meat trays and we still have meat in our frezzer today and we only got a $10 ticket!! If your a member you also get cheap drinks. As well as the restaurants there is a huge gaming area, with pokies, blackjack, poker - its similar to a mini casino. We always have a great time at the RSL.

Favorite Dish: I love mexican food and will eat it at any chance i get and the nachos at the RSLdo a great version.
    Generous serves's there is no way I could finish my plate but this dish I always recommend to my friends.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Music

• Kitty82's Profile Photo

GCM's Bistro: Order The Pizza's!

by Kitty82 Written Nov 2, 2011

GCM's Bistro is part of the Hornsby Inn. Recently under new management, the change saw a new refreshed menu. Although Im not a 'regular' diner here, I have had one or two items off the menu. One being the pizza's. They are delicious. We order the 'pig and potato' which is just what it sounds. A bit smaller than your average pizza, it still fills us up fine.

Favorite Dish: The pizza of course.

• Kitty82's Profile Photo

Chef Noodles: Noodles Galore!

Beef and Black Bean Noodles

More like a 'take-away joint' than a dine-in restaurant, this has to be the BEST noodle place in Hornsby. I have been comming here at least once a fortnight ever since Shaun introduced me to it. Value is the key here - for $9 you get a noodle box FULL of noodles. One box will do us fine - and usually there is some still left over. The menu has great variety - from singapore noodles, to beef and black bean to seafood noodles - you name it. They also have laska and a number of rice dishes.

Favorite Dish: Beef and Blackbean Noodles.

Jamaica Blue: Own roasted coffee and great food selection

by skyangel_k1 Updated Jul 6, 2005

Jamaica Blue captures the crowds

Jamaica Blue has a very open feeling. The staff are friendly and the menu for snacks and desserts is allright. What they offer is breakfast, lunch or tea time packages, eg food or cake of the day with free coffee at a fixed price.

The other good thing about this cafe and its many franchises around the city is that it procures its own coffee beans from 8 different countries, and controls the roasting process and quality. So it doesn't just buy ready made coffee from another supplier. It IS the coffee producer. You can drink the coffee there or buy the beans - ground or unground, caff or decaf.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a coffee and cake of the day for A$5.90. Flat white as usual was my coffee order. My verdict for the coffee - Fantastic. The cake fo the day was Cherry Cheesecake with generous lashings of whipped cream. The whipped cream was firm, not runny, and the cheesecake was divine. It didn't feel heavy at all.

I guess the danger of it all is - minutes on your lips, forever on your hips .........

• Seniors

Cosmos Sub Sandwiches: Juicy sub sandwiches at the mall

by skyangel_k1 Updated Jul 5, 2005

Cosmos Subs

Buying and eating a sub is quick and easy, deciding on what you'd like is the harder part. Cosmos offers at least 17 different varieties of sub sandwiches. It is really competing hard with Subway.

I spent $4.50 - $5 on a small sub, which is sufficient for a light meal.

Favorite Dish: I tried the Moroccan Sub ($5) once and it was scrumptious. They are generous with the toppings and sauces. I also like the way they send it through a toaster to melt the cheese on the top of the open sub and you get to sink your teeth right in minutes after it's done.

Foodcourt at Hornsby Shopping Centre: If you want variety, try the foodcourt

by skyangel_k1 Updated Jul 5, 2005

Foodcourt at Hornsby Mall

Hornsby, like the rest of Sydney caters to the cosmopolitan and adventurous stomach. It has a big variety catering to the different taste buds - Japanese, Thai, Indian, Chinese, roasts, sub sandwiches, pretzels, kebabs, and the fastfood joints as well.

Also, just next to the foodcourt are a whole lot of ATM machines if you need to load up on cash.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the lamb kebabs and pide at Zozan and the Moroccan sub roll at Cosmos. Both are very competitively priced, and the rolls/kebabs are juicy and tasty.

Cosmos rolls are prepared and toasted on the spot. The great thing is that it is really giving Subway a run for its money. This place offers 17 different sub choices. It's hard to decide what you want. With Zozan's, the Kymali Pide (mince pide) is very tasty. The kebabs too.

• skyangel_k1's Profile Photo

Michel's Pattisserie at Hornsby Shopping Centre: Tasty pastries and cakes with lots of choice

by skyangel_k1 Written Jul 5, 2005

Select from the range at Michel's

This pattisserie is located at the first level of Hornsby Shopping Centre. It is always crowded and manages to lure grocery shoppers to have a rest and savour its many cakes and pastries.

Favorite Dish: I had a coffee with a caramel cake for $4.90 and the cake was moist and delicious. The cake was so good that I had literally finished it before my coffee even arrived.

Coffee Cino: Quick coffee stop at Hornsby Foodcourt

by skyangel_k1 Written Jul 5, 2005

It is a small shop at the foodcourt of Westfields in Hornsby. Quick service and coffee that is well priced.

Dont' forget also, to get the Rewards Card, especially if you love coffees and may frequent the place with your friends often. The card offes a free Juice or Coffee free with your 9th purchase.

Favorite Dish: I had just coffee and it was as good as any otehr Sydney coffee I've tried.

Cafe Florence: Go alfresco and enjoy the sun with Cafe Florence

Cafe Florence

This is a sweet cafe with lots to offer. It is situated in Hunter St Mall just outside the shopping centre, next to Jesters, 3 minutes walk from the station.

The service is brisk and friendly with a full licensed and BYO restaurant menu as well as a cafe menu for light foods. It is open day and night from breakfast to dinner time. They open till late on Thurs - Saturdays. I am not sure what late means, but I was around at 9.30pm and people were still rolling in for coffees and desserts.

You can sit indoors where it's warm, but with the weather in Sydney, it's great to be outdoors. You can't miss this place, with their big umbrellas out in the sun on the sidewalks. Savour your coffee and watch the thoroughfare go by - from shopping centre to shops to fountain to train station to shops to fountain to cafes to.......

Favorite Dish: They serve not only Italian food, but they offer quite a mix of International / American food eg bacon and eggs for breakfast.

I had the biggest breakfast on the menu at $9.90. It comprised of bacon, italian sausage, toast, beans and scrambled eggs. The Italian sausages that came with it were really tasty. The coffee, a falt white, which is my favourite style of coffee, was nutty and creamy.

Instant Answers: Hornsby

Comments

Hornsby Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hornsby restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hornsby sightseeing.