Kangaroo Valley Shopping

• Shopping
    by Audrey118

Most Recent Shopping in Kangaroo Valley

• tiabunna's Profile Photo

Kangaroo Valley Woodcrafts: Well, it was a major timber town!

by tiabunna Written Feb 16, 2009

kangaroo Valley Woodcrafts

As we wandered the main street, we came upon a very pleasant woodwork gallery. The items on display were among the best I’ve seen, and the prices seemed moderate.

The friendly lady behind the counter, however, was most intrigued by my Pentax DSLR. It rather seemed she had owned Pentax SLRs for many years and she was very pleased to be told that her old lenses still would be fully usable on the latest models. Instead of talking about woodwork we had a very enjoyable chat about cameras! By way of demonstration, I fired a quick general photo in the shop, which shows some of the woodwork items on display. To show the macro capabilities of the lens (Sigma 17-70) I focussed on the business cards on the shelf. And these are the photos you see here.

I should mention that Kangaroo Valley Woodcrafts specialise in rocking horses and there were some very impressive items on display. The details of these, and more, are on their website.

Ph (02) 4465 1002

What to buy: Wood!

What to pay: Little to lots - it depends on your choice!

• Audrey118's Profile Photo

near the Hampden Bridge: all kind sof souveniers

by Audrey118 Written Jan 10, 2003

all kinds of nicknacks - strewn all over the historic house. It was such a maze going in there - but in all the messiness - we could not find anything!!!! but it is worth a while to peep!!! The lady kept on following me as I weaved in and about her shop = she probably think I wanted to flick something - silly lady - I was not even interested in your stuff after visitng Berrima and the other shops in Kangaroo Valley - there was nothing much left to consider!!!

Next door is the historic farm museum.

• Audrey118's Profile Photo

KangarooValley Woodcraft: wood craft

by Audrey118 Written Jan 10, 2003

This is one of the biggest range of Australian made wooden products in Sydney - although there was one I saw pretty big in Leura in Blue Mountains but they have different stuff. Here, there are lots of chess sets in Australiana style, lost of different bowls, cutlery, cheeseboards etc all from Huon pine, bowls, toys, mirrors, kitchen ware, jewelley boxes.

And most amazing is the largest amount of rocking horses - possibly the biggest in Australia and also doll houses.

Instant Answers: Kangaroo Valley

Comments

Kangaroo Valley Shopping

Reviews and photos of Kangaroo Valley shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kangaroo Valley sightseeing.

View all Kangaroo Valley hotels