Kiama Restaurants

Kiama Streets
    by CandS

Most Recent Restaurants in Kiama

• hunky dory's kiama harbour: yummy fish and chips in such a beautiful place

by happytravels123 Written Mar 4, 2013

Kiama is a quaint and beautiful town on the South Coast of NSW and the fish and chip shop on the harbour is a place i always stop in with my family for lunch. The location is truly beautful and as i gobbled up yummy oysters, prawns and crispy barramundi and chips with my husband on the weekend we watched dolphins swim right into the bay!!! The food is delicious, we watched them cook the fresh fish to order and the service was good.

Favorite Dish: barramundi and chips, ive tried it grilled and fried here and they are both good.

• Short Black Coffee: Worst!

by kiloalphatango Written Dec 9, 2012

Owner was very rude and had a terrible attitude.

While waiting for a table inside I asked the owner for some menus, and was told we had to wait to be seated to get a menu, or we could go outside and look at the menu in the window. We decided to wait.
    After a table cleared we went to sit down, for the owner to ask us not to sit because the table needed to be cleaned (it was fine) We were fine with this, only to be questioned 'well don't you want a clean table' we then questioned her attitude, and were asked to leave!
    Will never go back.

• Hunky Dory's Fish and Chip Shop: NEVER dine here.

by Customer13 Written Apr 9, 2012

Visited this fish and chip shop for the first time expecting good things, being in a prime location. I placed an order while there was hardly any line and only about 5 people waiting for their food before me. I then waited half an hour for one 'fish and chips' and was disgusted by how the staff treated the customers. At one point i witnessed one of the staff members verbally abusing two women who had been waiting at the counter to order for around 10mins without service, for simply trying to enquire as to when they'd be served.
    After waiting with several other disgruntled customers, i decided to ask where my meal was, considering the extensive wait. Upon presenting my reciept i was told that i had already been given my food and i MUST have taken it. Knowing i hadn't, i persisted and the staff finally (and frustratedly) made my order and thrust it across the counter at me.
    Others who had ordered asked for refunds and those who hadn't simply left without placing an order once seeing how rude and unproffessional the staff were.
    The food was over-priced and undersized.
    I will never go back and i'm advising all of my friends to do the same.

Favorite Dish: Nothing on the menu is worth buying. I'd rather eat the box it came in.

• Beaches

• CandS's Profile Photo

Short Black Coffee: Coffee Shop/Cafe

by CandS Updated Apr 13, 2005

Short Black Coffee is a cute little cafe/coffee shop in the main street of Kiama. You can get all sorts of coffees, breakfast, lunches etc.

Favorite Dish: The hot chocolate is the best hot chocolate I have ever had...YUM!!! They put real chocolate in the cup and it really tastes fantastic!!! Don't miss it if you're a hot chocolate fan...

• Luxury Travel

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

House Of Canton Restaurant: Pineapple Chicken like Jane Makes!!!

by CdnJane Written Jun 15, 2003

I dunno, maybe when you're hungry anything tastes good, but I enjoyed the meal that we had here. It was very "North American Chinese Food", not authentic/ethnic... but that was fine.
    We went in off season and sort of between regular meal hours, so maybe we got it fresher than usual.

Favorite Dish: I loved the Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken... was like they had my recipe. It wasn't the psychodelic red/pink that I've had too many times.

• CandS's Profile Photo

Ritzy Gritz: Mexican

by CandS Written Sep 13, 2004

The Ritzy Gritz is a cute little Mexican restaurant with great food...the price of drinks is a bit much though so we didn't stick around for long.

Favorite Dish: I loved the Ritzy Nachos...YUM!

Kiama Streets
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Kiama

Comments

Kiama Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kiama restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kiama sightseeing.