Lake Macquarie Restaurants

by iandsmith

Most Recent Restaurants in Lake Macquarie

Wangi Wangi RSL: Food by the lake

by iandsmith Updated Jan 25, 2012

I really like this place, The panoramic view over the bay that Wangi Wangi is located on is very relaxing and a really nice place to eat regardless of the food.
    The bonus is that the food is good quality and there's a nice variety.
    Also, during the week they have specials which you can check out on their website:
    The club is modern and clean and a good place to take the family to eat as well.

Favorite Dish: I tend to have seafood when I dine out as I don't get it much at home and I have no hesitation in recommending their seafood dishes here.

• Wine Tasting

Caves Beach Side Hotel: Pub food

by iandsmith Written Jan 8, 2012
    Caves Beach Side Hotel

I always live in hope that one day an Aussie pub will spruce up and serve some food that sets them apart. I'm sure one has done it somewhere, but I've yet to eat there.
    This hotel has been architecturally well designed. It takes advantage of the afternoon sea breezes and is spacious and well appointed.
    I came with high hopes that it would rise above mediocrity and first impressions were that it would.

Favorite Dish: Sadly, when we finally got our food (half hour wait, they were busy) it turned out to be nothing special, just your ordinary pub fare with not a lot to recommend it.
    I actually ordered one of the most expensive dishes, the mixed seafood, but it certainly wasn't fresh and the cooks didn't do anything special with it. The calamari was chewy, the fish had obviously been frozen and the side salad was sparse.

• Beer Tasting

Belmont 16 footers: Welcome to club land

by iandsmith Written Apr 25, 2011

In Australia, a club means basically a hotel style place with a gaming licence. This has allowed the larger turnover clubs to look nothing like a hotel but support their restaurants and food outlets with poker machine money.
    This club gets its name from a type of sailing craft, i.e., a 16 foot length boat but, what makes them amazing is the unlimited sail potential. These open boat really fly along the surface of the water and, if the wind is up, they look spectacular.
    The one thing that this club has that is a huge plus is its location, right over the lake. Where you eat is actually situated on piers over the water; lovely views thus ensue.

Favorite Dish: The bistro is where most people head and I have to say the food is of reasonable quality but somehow I can never get quite excited about it.
    It's certainly clean and wholesome but tends to lack a little imagination.
    If you're looking for a reasonably priced meal though, you could certainly do a lot worse than eat here.
    I like their seafodd dishes, particularly the ones that they have on special.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Lake Macquarie

Comments

Lake Macquarie Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lake Macquarie restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lake Macquarie sightseeing.

View all Lake Macquarie hotels