Manly Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Gypsystravels
  • Restaurants
    by Gypsystravels
    Liz enjoying a cold beer (November 2010)
    by cjg1

Most Recent Restaurants in Manly

Manly Wharf Hotel: Tasty Lunch with a View

by cjg1 Updated Apr 23, 2013

Liz enjoying a cold beer (November 2010)

My wife and I first discovered this place in November 2010; we loved it so much we returned during our Feb/March 2012 trip and again in November 2012.

The hotel is located on the East Esplande and is a short walk from the ferry. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor seating; all with incredible water views. My wife and I decided to have a seat at the outdoor covered patio (we didn't want too much sun exposure during the noon hour). The menu here has a nice mix of food from burgers, pizzas and seafood items. After perusing the menu we decided to try their pizza; a meat pizza for me and a margherita pizza for Liz. I placed our order at the counter and was handed a pager to signal when our food was ready to be picked up. We both decided on some Pure Blonde Beer to drink.

Our pizza were excellent and a large portion for an individual pizza. My meat pizza was extra spicy with lots of pepperoni. Our ice cold beer was a perfect choice to wash down our meal. I really enjoyed being outside and having such an incredible water view. It was an excellent lunch with my wife and I can't wait to return here yet again.

Favorite Dish: The pizza here was excellent and a large portion. My meat pizza was incredibly good. The cheese was perfectly melted and creamy while the pepperoni has just the right kick of spice.

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Kelly's: Pub Grub with AussieDoug

by LadyRVG Updated Sep 4, 2012

Kelly's is a casual Pub right on the Corso in Manly (very close to the beach). Hubby and I met up with a friend and fellow Vt member AussieDoug. We decided to have a bit to eat and some drinks before heading off to explore.

The place was pretty dead considering it was a nice day and the Corso was full of people. We chose to sit at one of the dining room tables and have a look at their food offerings. Hubby was hungry so he chose their steak sandwich and chips along with a beer. I wasn't that hungry but needing "something" to tide myself over so I had an order of chips and a beer. Doug had eaten already so he stuck with just a beer.

The menu has the typical pub fare; chips, salt and pepper squid, burgers, pizza and the like. Food here was fairly cheap and we were satisfied with our food.

• LadyRVG's Profile Photo

Manly Wharf Hotel: A Great Lunch Spot with a View

by LadyRVG Written Jul 25, 2012

Enjoying a beer with a view

The Manly Wharf Hotel is a favorite spot of hubby and I for lunch when in Manly. We first discovered this spot in 2010 and have returned during our latest trip in early 2012.

Anyone who knows me can tell you I love dining outdoors especially when there is a view of the water; so this place is perfect for me. There are places to sit outside that have both direct sun and a nice shaded patio area with picnic style tables. Their outdoor bar/lounge area further by the water is a big hit especially with the Happy Hour crowd. Their inside dining area is quite large with nice tables and chairs. The first time we were here we sat under the covered patio as it was not too hot with a nice breeze. Our last visit we had to sit inside due to the opressive heat; I was melting.

As for food optionshere there are plenty to choose from for any palate; with pizza, sandwiches, salad, burgers, meat, chicken, fish and seafood offerings. There are days with Specials such as: Monday Fish and Chips with a glass of wine or beer for $16, Tuesdays have pizza and a glass of wine or beer for $16, Wednesday Burger and a glass of beer or wine for $16, Thursday from 6pm buy one main entree get one free.

We personally love the Tuesday pizza special. The pizzas here are excellent! My favorite pizza is the margherita pizza. The crust is so perfectly cooked and topped with a delicious sauce, tomatoes, basil, fresh tomato, mozarella and sun dried tomato....so good. My husband is a fan of the meat pizza. He loves anything with spice so this is right up his alley with a nice combo of pepperoni, spicy beef, sausage, tomato and mozzarella cheese. The pizza here is so good we never leave a slice remaining.

I could easily wate away the day sitting here and staring into the view. The water is so blue and beautiful. Hubby loves watching the ferries come and go.

Favorite Dish: The pizzas here are excellent.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Manly Pier Restaurant.: Manly's icon.

by Openseas Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Manly Pier Restaurant

Situated on the foreshore of Sydney Harbour and located next to Oceanworld, Manly Pier Pavilion Restaurant offers truly spectacular view across the harbour to the City.

A casual and breezy atmosphere makes the restaurant special and very romantic.

The restaurant used to be the Dressing Pavilion in the 1940's but has for many years house the Manly Pier Pavilion Restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Any of the seafood dishes on the menu.

• Singles
    • Business Travel

• OnTheRoadGoombah's Profile Photo

Ribs and Rumps: Best Lamb...Everrrrrrr

by OnTheRoadGoombah Updated Apr 4, 2011

Ribs and Rumps is located on Manly Beach and has the most amazing lamb ever. Cooked perfectly and seasoned to perfection, it is the best meal I have had on the road this year. Service was a little off, but that is to be expected in such a busy restaurant with a young waitstaff, but the meal more than outweighed any perceived inconvenience --although I do wish my beer had arrived at least halfway through my meal.

Ribs and Rumps appears to be a favorite among the sporting elite of Sydney with signed photos, memorabilia, and uniforms of Rugby and Football stars.

Make a reservation and enjoy the ferry ride from Circular Quay in Sydney...you will not regret this stop.

Favorite Dish: Lamb chops...lamb chops...lamb chops

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Manly Phoenix: Have some Manly Chinese food on the Wharf

by ATXtraveler Updated Apr 4, 2011

One of the best restaurants for a beautiful view of the wharf is the Manly Phoenix. It is part of a chain of Phoenix restaurants throughout the Sydney area, and this place did not disappoint. I had the Schezuan Prawns, which were spicy and delicious. We also learned that spring rolls in Australia are fried, which they are not in the US.

I also learned from a co-worker that they do have dimsum as well!

Kelly's Bar: Drinks and Lunch with AussieDoug

by cjg1 Updated May 12, 2010

My Steak Sandwich & Chips

Kelly's Bar is located in the downstairs section of the Steyne Hotel. We decided to grab some drinks here and a bite to eat with Aussiedoug before wandering Manly. The place was pretty quiet except for a family with two kids running about.

Doug and I ordered some beer and Liz had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. I was hungry so I decided to have a steak sandwich with chips. Liz just wanted an order of chips since she wasn't that hungry. The food came pretty quickly and i was surprised at the big sandwich in front of me. The steak was very good and cooked to a nice medium. It was just want I needed to get rid of the hunger.

It was a nice time catching up with Doug and having a bite before heading out to the beach.

Bavarian Bier Garden: Outdoor Beer with a View

by cjg1 Updated May 12, 2010

Liz and I were in Manly and decided to stop in at the Bavarian Bier Garden for a drink and possibly a snack. The place was pretty dead except for two tables of customers. We had a seat at one of the many indoor tables and picked up a menu. Despite the many servers just milling about no one even approached the table. After waiting fifteen minutes we decided to get out of her and find a place with better service.

After telling our story to a local friend they were not surprised. They said the service there is shoddy.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

The Steyne Hotel.: Cool views, cool atmosphere.

Steyne Hotel

The steyne Hotel is located across the road from Manly Beach. Its a lively casual pub offering excellent facilities for dining and drinking.

There are 3 restaurants and 3 bars. For a casual lunch try upstairs on Balcony for lunch and afternoon drinks overlooking the ocean.

Favorite Dish: Fish and chips and the pizza is great too.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Out of Africa.: African and Moroccan Delight.

by Openseas Updated Dec 18, 2007

Out of Africe restaurant.

Out Of Africa: For something different. - Opposite Manly wharf on the Esplanade. The food is amazing and well worth a visit. Bookings are advisable.

Favorite Dish: the meatballs - YUM !

Moroccan chocolate cake.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Manly Wharf Hotel: The happening pub.

Manly Wharf Hotel

Manly Wharf Hotel: Good for everything, cool beer, friendly staff and cool menu.

This is where all the locals gather and tourists mix together. Its fabulous anytime of the day.
    The views of Sydney Harbour and little Manly Beach are fantastic and on a hot summer's day this is the place to be for a cool beer !

Favorite Dish: Crispy duck.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Pilu at Freshwater.: Number 1 in Sydney.

4) Pilu At Freshwater:

Take a taxi to freshwater beach and dine in style in fantastic federation building overlooking spectacular views of beach with first class food………A Must Do. (expensive) but worth the dining experience. Tel: 9938 3331

• Openseas's Profile Photo

The Beach House.: Fantastic views.

The Beach house - Manly Beach

3) Manly Ocean beach boathouse:

Positioned overlooking Manly Beach with lovely bar and restaurant offering excellent Australian seafood.

(Medium – expensive) Ocean Promenade South Steyne Tel: 9977 0566.

Favorite Dish: Any of the seafood specials for the day.

• Openseas's Profile Photo

The Bower Restaurant.: Don't miss this one !

by Openseas Updated Dec 18, 2007

2) The Bower Restaurant for Lunch: Do not miss this.

Lovely setting overlooking the Bower Pool with stunning views of Shelley and Manly Beach. Located half way between Shelley Beach and Manly Beach along promenade. It is also fabulous place to stop and have coffee and take in the scenery. Food is also terrific and reasonably priced.

Tel: 9977 5451, corner of Marine Pde and Bower Lane. (Great value)

Favorite Dish: Any of the seafood specials.

• Adventure Travel

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Le Kiosk: Waterfront Gem !

by Openseas Updated Dec 18, 2007

Restaurants: Manly offers a great diversity of food outlets from quick fish and chips take-away to small cafes and classy waterfront restaurants. There is almost any international cuisine available Chinese/ Italian/ Thai / Indian/ African / French / Australian / from cheap to expensive.

Here are my top picks…the best of the bunch.

1) Le Kiosk: Beautifully positioned overlooking Shelley and Manly Beach in a historic sandstone cottage. Dine inside or under the huge Morton Bay Fig tree and take in stunning views whilst enjoying modern Australian seafood cuisine. Voted by New York Times as “Best romantic restaurant”. Located 15 minutes walk from Manly Life Saving Club along promenade.

www.lekiosk.com.au (expensive)

Instant Answers: Manly

Comments

Manly Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Manly restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Manly sightseeing.